Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40344 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Three free player slots
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 11:14:08 pm »

So, how much longer until the home team's turn gets rolled out approx?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:22 pm »

Whenever the away team gets back, so that the next turn can include everybody.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2011, 11:18:10 pm »

*sigh* I wish I would have had a reason to go, I love fast-paced action.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2011, 11:21:02 pm »

We probably should have just abandoned the camp and taken everyone. I guess that would require carrying more food than we probably could have gotten away with, and stuff might have messed with our crops, and so on and so forth, but still.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2011, 07:20:04 pm »

... So, any details on what's going on.  Are the Elves attacking them mercilessly in their wooden armor with wooden weapons?  Or is something far more sinister happening?

IS HIPOBIS GILTGOLD RAINING DEATH DOWN ON THE ELVES???

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2011, 08:26:48 pm »

We got a quest, and are currently debating the best way to go about it. Which is pretty much literally deciding what we want to hit it with.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2011, 08:30:50 pm »

Answer, Artifact Platinum War Hammer.  :P  Hmmm, I feel the need to write my own story, so I don't go crazy, maybe I'll do that in a bit.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2011, 02:02:33 am »

What did you guys think?  I enjoyed writing it if nothing else.  Who knows, maybe the story will actually become part of the Hipobis mythos :P

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2011, 09:06:20 pm »

In order to move this faster, whoever responds first to a situation in the elven caravan will be the response I take, though the other characters will respond according to their logic. So Tholtig can surely try to activate an artifact of doom, but everybody else will automatically try to stop her.

Hopefully this will soon be resolved with a maximum of awesome.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:13:08 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2011, 09:19:06 pm »

Norrec seems to ... er, be more willing to undertake extensive steps to ensure that we all survive then I am, and is better at organizing things properly. I'd be quite willing to have him promoted to a place above Kogan when he's done performing services for the betterment of the fort. Kogan will be a bit annoyed, worshiping a god of ambition, but he'd probably rather not deal with the paperwork anyway.

In order to move this faster, whoever responds first to a situation in the elven caravan will be the response I take, though the other characters will respond according to their logic. So Tholtig can surely try to activate an artifact of doom, but everybody else will automatically try to stop her.

Hopefully this will soon be resolved with a maximum of awesome.
Sounds like it's Fun over there. I hope someone gives us a full account of things when they get back.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2011, 09:39:23 pm »

This big wall will prove to be a monumental construction. Even assuming a shell of blocks filled with soil and rubble, that's about 115 squares of 12 blocks per level. To ensure a strong foundation and resistance to undermining, you would have to dig and build through the soil layer, which is an additional 3 levels. Going up ten levels, too.

Overall that's somewhere in the ballpark of 20,000 blocks, depending on the design.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2011, 09:43:18 pm »

Ah-hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2011, 09:47:10 pm »

Of course you would expect to make the foundation solid blocks, reinforce the river passage and gatehouse, and so on. It would be an ignoble end if the wall tipped over because it was built on a layer of silt.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2011, 09:51:59 pm »

Of course you would expect to make the foundation solid blocks, reinforce the river passage and gatehouse, and so on. It would be a n ignoble hilarious end if the wall tipped over onto goblin invaders because it was built on a layer of silt.
Fixed that for you, but I believe I mentioned wanting to build it below the soil layer somewhere already. Probably should have said it a few more times, but at least I didn't take any idiot traits, so it was implied.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2011, 10:29:37 pm »

Meh, I don't know if I'm more willing, I just actually act.  I'm very much an action kind of character.

Edit:  Also did you guys like the story?  I <3 feedback so let me know.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:39:24 pm by V-Norrec »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55