Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40300 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #705 on: February 02, 2011, 04:39:18 pm »

I think you setting the prices would pretty much stop that. Still... Yeah. I see why your concerned over loosing a profit. Then again at the place where we are there aren't likely to be many merchants.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 02, 2011, 04:58:28 pm »

Yeah, I suppose it's not the end of the world if I don't have Trade skill.  Record keeping and organizing are almost mandatory though, so I'm going to work on those quite a bit, at least until I hit 0 so I'm not going to ruin anything.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 03, 2011, 03:33:37 pm »

Wow I just realised how many secrets I have.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 03, 2011, 05:10:19 pm »

Pfft, if you tell people you have secrets, then you really don't have any.  If you really had secrets you'd tell nobody and fly under the radar.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 03, 2011, 05:15:46 pm »

Or maybe I had no secrets in the first place and I am just bluffing.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 03, 2011, 05:18:24 pm »

Meh, either way I'm not concerned, it's likely that even if you have secrets, it'll end up benefiting me so :P

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 03, 2011, 05:22:40 pm »

Oh the joys of being in love, everything happens to somehow affect them. Still... I can do things for my own gain..

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 03, 2011, 05:35:06 pm »

Yeah, I know.  Still, let's just analyze this.  You're curious about creating a portal of some kind.  This is likely to net-gain to everyone of some kind, unless you're a huge douche and it really is another demon portal and you're trying to kill everyone, on the whole I doubt it though.  So that is completely non troubling, we might even be able to charge a fee to use it which could make lots of money so pfft.
Your second "secret" is trying to recreate that strange golem you met in the Mountain Homes.  While they could end up to all by psychopathic killers, the idea of golems to form our militia is a bit too attractive to really try and stop you.  Plus we could use them a a free source of labor in the bar that I want to make.

Third, you want to learn Human and Elven... oh no, you want to converse with other races, next.

Forth, you're going into the forest.  Once again, it's a complete non-secret, as well as likely to result in a net benefit for us.  Really, it doesn't seem like there is much worth negotiating with in there so you might just be trying to capture a silk-weaving spider of some kind like the one you saw get eaten by fungus.  In which case, "Oh no, you have valuable silk, can you make me a dress?" would be my response.

Like I said, completely unconcerned with the secrets.  Now me on the other hand, I have secrets that will burn this fort to the ground, but I hide them away, so really nobody knows about them :P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:43:05 pm by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 03, 2011, 05:46:10 pm »

...The portal was a joke by the way... :P

Well the language thing was to help with the bar, if humans came a speaker of humanish would make them feel at home= more money. Plus it means that I can go on expeditions to humans if the other talker is ill or something. Same with the elves.

Going into the forest will get me some food, materials (Wooden shafts for weapons) and explorer experience. Also combat exp if I get into a fight (Ha ha, oh god run.)

If I can replicate the Golem then that would be interesting. However that will have to wait until we are wealthy enough and skilled enough.

So yeah... I don't like the idea of killing any of us. I guess in alignment I am neutral good or such.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 03, 2011, 06:03:54 pm »

Plus it means that I can go on expeditions to humans if the other talker is ill or something. Same with the elves.

Aha!  You want Adil to teach you you elven so you can poison her and have all the elves to yourself!  I'M ON TO YOU!
 :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 03, 2011, 06:18:18 pm »

OH NO YOU FOUND OUT MY PLAN. Anyway, Adil likes me.

Being kind does that to everyone.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 04, 2011, 09:02:24 pm »

CoughDrop, you need to post in the RTD, and yeah, I guess we could OOC in here, so bump to remember to OOC in the proper thread.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 04, 2011, 09:22:50 pm »

Well. If we are going to go out to the forest again we need to be slightly more prepared.
I propose that those who have no non-metal weapon will go to me to get stone hammers and maces.
I don't know if leather would aggravate them...
Uhh.. Are we going to take any Treants this time round?

Oh, Norrec. Wait... Whos staying behind? Because in your current state... Well..

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 04, 2011, 10:17:27 pm »

Pfft, just because I'm gimpy doesn't mean I need somebody to look after me.  Besides, I'm pretty sure Fuzzy is staying along with the NPC's.  I should be fine if it's just us NPC's, Fuzzy, and me.  You guys can take the rest.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:19:56 pm by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 04, 2011, 10:18:56 pm »

Right. I belive that the failed expedition has alot of booze. I think. And food and such so hopefully... We need to get happier.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 55