Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40355 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #570 on: January 29, 2011, 05:23:36 am »

Where's that character from?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 29, 2011, 05:36:41 am »

On a totally unrelated note, if you even go back to Warpwood, I assure you that you will be hacking and punching many Animu. Thieving monsters.

Further, I am very excited about including the Ultraraptors. What will you do against superintelligent dinosaurs with gunpowder and low steam technology, I wonder?

And the unlimited perils of the deep caverns! No need for demons and undead temples when there's super-alkaline-excreting roving slime moulds, mind-control parasite worm-spores, completely harmless myconids and brain-eating tentacle-fiends trying to enslave you for your sweet, juicy nervous tissue. But there will probably be demons and undead anyway.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 29, 2011, 05:42:56 am »

That's the third level caverns, not first level. . . right?  Also, I'm hoping Ultraraptors won't show up at our cold, cold, cold fortress, or don't for a really really long time when we'll actually be able to fight against them.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 29, 2011, 05:51:59 am »

Well, you would have to do something impressive to break their attention away from goblin genocide. I'm sure that they could work out some sort of clothing scheme to keep warm with.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 29, 2011, 05:53:49 am »

Well, ... let's hope we don't make that magic portal mmbobber until we can handle what comes with it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 29, 2011, 09:00:41 am »

STOP MAKING US GO TO THE UNDERDARK
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 29, 2011, 10:49:43 am »

Well, you would have to do something impressive to break their attention away from goblin genocide.
Superintelligent dinosaurs with gunpowder and low steam technology who are interested in goblin genocide, you say? How many goblin settlements would one likely have to obliterate with magma to impress them?

Now I'll need to think a bit on a way to wall out the more dangerous cavern levels.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 29, 2011, 12:54:16 pm »

... Please try to resist bringing ultra-raptors (who are more effective killers than Goblins) to our fortress.  I really don't want to test my luck against gunpowder, even if I am resistant to missile weapons now.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 29, 2011, 12:58:17 pm »

removed
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:11:25 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 29, 2011, 01:59:42 pm »

How long do we have to respond to arguments before we just skip over it and go straight to the next thing in line?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:04 pm »

Original vs 'Improved'
Now the only question is why would you ever do that.

Further, I am very excited about including the Ultraraptors. What will you do against superintelligent dinosaurs with gunpowder and low steam technology, I wonder?
WHAT. We're all gonna die, aren't we?

No no, I've got it. Brain-eating tentacle-thing overlords will save us. Mostly to eat us later, but still.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 29, 2011, 04:09:28 pm »

Am I the only one who sees the caverns as now being the underdark?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 29, 2011, 04:46:12 pm »

Nope.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 29, 2011, 06:14:18 pm »

Nah, they're getting more and more dangerous... Not quite the underdark yet though, we don't have elves living down there who will kill and/or enslave you yet.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 29, 2011, 06:21:18 pm »

Or grey dwarfs.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55