Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40373 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #510 on: January 28, 2011, 09:45:23 am »

oh....well that sounds bad and read the other pages i have asked you since you said they hated it.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 28, 2011, 12:37:13 pm »

If you're going back to salvage, I would suggest getting some wooden armor from the elves (they could possibly be pissed off if you bring your own).

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 28, 2011, 12:46:02 pm »

oo! I have an idea - Irony, can you still contact that god we freed?

I was thinking maybe we could somehow persuade him into enchanting wooden axes like he did with Adil's. It's a long-shot, but there has to be something we can offer in return.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 28, 2011, 12:47:12 pm »

oo! I have an idea - Irony, can you still contact that god we freed?

I was thinking maybe we could somehow persuade him into enchanting wooden axes like he did with Adil's. It's a long-shot, but there has to be something we can offer in return.
We don't need them enchanted. They did enough damage.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 28, 2011, 12:51:52 pm »

We also had the drop on them and there were only eight.

I was thinking more along the lines of perhaps offering the modified axes to the elves as they seem to be pretty much at war with the damn things.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 28, 2011, 04:25:13 pm »

Hrm. I can contact him, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to bless the axes; reviving Norrec weakened him despite the blood sacrifice.

We can try sacrificing blood again, I suppose. I asked about sacrificing crafts, and he said there wasn't any way to tell how effective it would be until we tried it. I assume elves have their own deities though, so I wouldn't think it'd be an effective trading strategy.

Anyway, with more detail on the treant/metal issue: The treants are somewhat connected mentally; their corruption has greatly reduced this, but on some level if you run around hacking up treants the other treants will realize something's up even without finding the bodies or anything. Since treants, or at least corrupted treants, hate metal, using metal against them will enrage them and cause more to come.

Our options, then, were to use metal weapons, which are obviously far more effective but draw more heat, or wooden ones which are less effective but less likely/effective at causing more to come. Note that simply carrying metal doesn't seem to be a problem; we were able to cover up/sheathe our metal gear for stealth mode. It's just when you use it to hack them up (or maybe display it, I don't know) that treants nowhere near you become enraged and aware of your location.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 28, 2011, 04:33:56 pm »

Hrm. I can contact him, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to bless the axes; reviving Norrec weakened him despite the blood sacrifice.

We can try sacrificing blood again, I suppose. I asked about sacrificing crafts, and he said there wasn't any way to tell how effective it would be until we tried it. I assume elves have their own deities though, so I wouldn't think it'd be an effective trading strategy.

Anyway, with more detail on the treant/metal issue: The treants are somewhat connected mentally; their corruption has greatly reduced this, but on some level if you run around hacking up treants the other treants will realize something's up even without finding the bodies or anything. Since treants, or at least corrupted treants, hate metal, using metal against them will enrage them and cause more to come.

Our options, then, were to use metal weapons, which are obviously far more effective but draw more heat, or wooden ones which are less effective but less likely/effective at causing more to come. Note that simply carrying metal doesn't seem to be a problem; we were able to cover up/sheathe our metal gear for stealth mode. It's just when you use it to hack them up (or maybe display it, I don't know) that treants nowhere near you become enraged and aware of your location.
I am just going to craft some stone for me, A war hammer would be unwieldy but strong,
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 28, 2011, 04:53:30 pm »

I could craft some Wooden Weapons given the soft fittings.  Wooden Weapons should use the carpenter skill.  Wooden Armor too so if you just want to be fully decked out elf lovers, I can do it.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 28, 2011, 04:56:05 pm »

Divine powers don't like being used as a trade good production line.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 28, 2011, 05:02:22 pm »

What about wooden weapons, armor, and shields, do those use the carpentry skill?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 28, 2011, 05:06:05 pm »

if we make wooden bolts we can use our crossbows.
Quite fucked indeed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 28, 2011, 05:06:48 pm »

That's more likely to use the Bowyer skill which I have no skill in, unfortunately.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 28, 2011, 05:14:21 pm »

Is I like that in the game? Its just a sharp stick isn't it?
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 28, 2011, 05:16:01 pm »

yep
Quite fucked indeed.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 28, 2011, 05:49:29 pm »

So if a caravan set out, who is going? Remember that Litast is your boss, followed by Kogan and Shem.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:51:09 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55