Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40393 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Cannon fodder always welcome
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2011, 01:35:46 pm »

I assure you, if you'd abruptly appeared in that forest our first thought would not have been "Oh look a perfectly trustworthy and convenient ally!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2011, 01:38:59 pm »

but seriously do the forest react on metal like a immune system?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2011, 01:45:25 pm »

No, I can't talk to Hipobis, unless I die again.  I talked to him when I nearly died to those Kobolds and he thinks I'm dead because Cthulhu did a shitty job resurrecting me and I can't talk to him at all now, because I was talking to Cthulhu, and he admitted he did such a shitty job resurrecting me, that now I can only talk to him, rather than the damned god of my choice and the one that frikkin blessed me.  Great job Cthulhu, great job.  He said if I perpetually pray despite never getting an answer I might somehow be able to "relearn" how to talk to Hipobis, but somehow, I'm leaning towards that's going to take like a year of hard work so I can do something everybody else gets to do right off the bat.

And why the hell are you trying to negotiate with demons?  DEMONS DON'T NEGOTIATE, they slaughter and kill, not agree to trade with you or leave you alone or anything else.

And actually, since it was in fact some sort of hell demension, we could very well have died, we got lucky because I decided to force the hell-bug to reopen the portal rather than follow it like Ochita wanted to, which probably would have led us in either A. a colony of hell-bugs, or B. Worse demons who would have flayed us alive and eaten our souls.

Granted the first one really wasn't all that bad, but it sucks that I didn't get anything out of the whole damn thing.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2011, 01:46:46 pm »

You know, I might've been useful fighting the treants (Hammer+axe+prior experience w/ elves=treant firewood), but you insisted I show up at camp, sooo...   ::) :P

YOU WERE FLOATING DOWN A RIVER IN ICE!!! That puts you at camp, not anywhere near Warpwood.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2011, 01:48:51 pm »

WEll Irony... I did kind of go against every action she did when we were in hell. However at the end I used force. Force won. Also while it does look like cheating and such well I wanted to see the elves due to their goods and..well.. I wanted to prove myself to norrec... And now I see that she cant even talk to her own god. Thats going to be a blow to my character when I find out about that. Also I want to be able to do some little things, gold and other things are concerned. Silver may be involved, along with something memorable.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:51:09 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2011, 02:12:54 pm »

And why the hell are you trying to negotiate with demons?  DEMONS DON'T NEGOTIATE, they slaughter and kill, not agree to trade with you or leave you alone or anything else.

Because it completely had full intention to harm us, despite seeing a grouping of dwarves in its territory. I just don't really see the reason in going after an "enemy" that hasn't even shown a hint of wanting to attack. If it did show hints of hostility, it would have likely been a different story.

As for the Kobolds, you just have to think of their reasoning. They don't want to die - we don't want our shit stolen. We don't want to be wounded by trying to traverse an open field with arrows flying at us, so trying to negotiate could very well leave both parties with more than if they decided to kill each other.

I would also like to point out that no matter how much of an asshole he was, Mikhail did warn you not to go around and constantly question everyone.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2011, 02:16:39 pm »

That was actually me, I tried to uh.. talk to the demon in hell. For almost all the time that I was in there. Oddly enough I was the person who killed it. I gave it a very painful death trying to do what norrec was doing.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2011, 02:17:19 pm »

seriously i might make them understand that we dont want to hurt them (untheathening FTW)
Quite fucked indeed.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2011, 02:55:53 pm »

About not being able to talk to Hipobis, one of the main reasons Adil decided to set out for the elves (alone, initially) was so she could try praying.  Just in case being close to Axeomiumium was preventing her and Urist from reaching Kun.  But then I completely forgot about that once we were on the trail, I got too excited about the elves I guess, and each time I remembered, it wasn't a good time to try.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2011, 03:20:25 pm »

ya know soon will begin worshipping a creature that exist akil dont seem to listen to my prayers kindaŽOH LORD WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED MEŽ like
Quite fucked indeed.

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2011, 03:28:38 pm »

You know, I might've been useful fighting the treants (Hammer+axe+prior experience w/ elves=treant firewood), but you insisted I show up at camp, sooo...   ::) :P

YOU WERE FLOATING DOWN A RIVER IN ICE!!! That puts you at camp, not anywhere near Warpwood.

Warpwood don't have a river?  :(
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2011, 03:37:33 pm »

IT'S A DEMON!!!  The only reason we're safe now is because the thing is dead and I bashed the crystal leading to hell into pieces, otherwise we could very well have demons up to our armpits by now.  YOU DON'T REASON WITH DEMONS, YOU KILL DEMONS!!!

Yeah, OK, I'm warning the next person who sees a demon not to reason with it, or I'm going to sneak up in the night and kill you.  That'll solve all the problems in the world, right?  You don't kill somebody for acting in character, as he did.  Unless of course your character would kill that person, but more or less, I didn't do anything that warranted being murdered brutally.

And if you read the little google docs thingie, MOST of the time, gods don't answer you unless you're blessed (me) or a priest (Nylona/Tholtig).  Which is really just great because now one of my perks is completely worthless.

Fakeedit:  No, it doesn't have a river... did you even look at the map?

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2011, 03:48:28 pm »

K, fine.  Yes, I glanced at them.  XS  No need to be snarky.  X(
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2011, 03:48:34 pm »

I gave DrunkDorfPally two appearance options: Floating down the river in a block of ice at the camp or bursting out of the ground from hiding at the elven caravan's location. He most definitely picked the first one.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2011, 03:56:41 pm »

Hi Shade.  *Waves*
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55