Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40390 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Cannon fodder always welcome
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2011, 03:24:52 am »

I always wondered where your avatar came from.  I like it, thumbs up.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2011, 11:56:31 am »

So, yeah.

We may all die.

Turns out wooden axes don't do a hell of a lot against treants, and Shem is not leaving anyone behind. Even a crazy surfacer like Adil.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

Have you tried jumping on the wagons/horses and just getting the hell out of there.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2011, 12:00:26 pm »

Have you tried jumping on the wagons/horses and just getting the hell out of there.
Well... About that...

Also I am so charging with the power of love. Love as in if we dont get this she will die. Cant let that happen, better use all of my strength.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2011, 12:09:29 pm »

waddaya mean ``about that´´?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2011, 12:10:14 pm »

... She... what is going on over there.  Something tells me if I was over there, you would have been slapped upside the head by now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2011, 12:15:35 pm »

I had a crazy excellent plan, but certain people had to go be "noble".  Bah :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2011, 12:16:37 pm »

it involved leave someone behind as a bait right?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2011, 12:21:33 pm »

... She... what is going on over there.  Something tells me if I was over there, you would have been slapped upside the head by now.
Most likely. And Rolan wanted to lead them away. I was going to use it for a prepared power-sneak attack.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2011, 12:55:51 pm »

Damn it,  Norrec's life just is in a perpetual state of suck isn't it.  First I get rich out of sheer luck by buying a contract, then it all gets taken away, then we awaken Cthulhu rip-off underneath Blackstone against my wishes, then we get here and I get murdered, then I get resurrected but Cthulhu did a shitty job of it and now I can't talk to Hipobis anymore, then we find Hell-bugs and everyone wants to negotiate with them, DESPITE THEM BEING DEMONS, then I end up having to go to hell to save my lover, then my lover runs off, then I nearly get shot to death by Kobolds with shitty wooden bows and and arrows, AND NOW I figure out the lover I went to hell to save is apparently cheating on me.  At least I don't have to worry about losing that Jaded attribute anytime soon, in fact I might just get Super-Jaded out of all the shit I have to go through.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2011, 12:59:57 pm »

Dude, those treants are hot. :P

And to be fair, several of those problems were self-inflicted. You didn't have to try to murder the kobolds, you just assumed they were ripe for the slaughter. Oops.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2011, 01:13:08 pm »

Several, the kobolds were really the only self-inflicted problem, everything else just happened to me because of other people, or rng hating me.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2011, 01:15:04 pm »

Dude, those treants are hot. :P

And to be fair, several of those problems were self-inflicted. You didn't have to try to murder the kobolds, you just assumed they were ripe for the slaughter. Oops.
Oh yes, spray that maggot-infected moldy bark on me.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2011, 01:30:06 pm »

Well, you could only afford the contract because it was illegitimate, and you mostly broke even anyway, so that's not so much "terrible terrible things happen" as "you thought you got extremely lucky but no." Awakening Cthulu was against your wishes, but not really detrimental to you. Other than helping to fuel the Mikhail Incident.

Getting murdered was indeed an excellent example of Suck.

Getting resurrected at all is pretty nice, I'd say. I'm not even sure how certain we are that our god-troubles are because of the ritual, but even so raising the dead is no small matter; a side effect like not being able to talk to your deity at the moment seems like more of a mild inconvenience than anything. If it turns out to be permanent or something, yeah, but you're hardly in a waking hell just yet.

Having everyone around you want to negotiate with Hell-bugs is probably stressful, but again only because you want to murder them all in a frenzy. We can hardly be blamed for that.

I wasn't there, but it doesn't sound like your lover was in any real danger. Not going after them probably wasn't much of an option, but it sounds like you just sort of hung out and murdered the bug like you wanted to, rather than enduring some hellish platformer with you and your true loves' lives on the line.

Your lover ran off on an expedition to get food so we don't all starve, and will hopefully be back in two-three weeks. Worrisome, sure, but it's not like they abruptly said they don't like you and bolted. Admittedly, you've been getting worrisome insinuations, but you don't really know what's happening or why.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2011, 01:34:37 pm »

You know, I might've been useful fighting the treants (Hammer+axe+prior experience w/ elves=treant firewood), but you insisted I show up at camp, sooo...   ::) :P
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55