Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Teamkill  (Read 1098 times)

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Teamkill
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:14:57 pm »

suddenly my marksdwarf explodes the cranium of my minner with his steel crossbow, i have no idea why O.o

they were in the bar...

was it intended to just be a fight? like: "i will punch him once or twice so he learns his lesson" instead of "im gonna blow his head on a single strike"?

or something realy creepy just happend?

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teamkill
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:16:29 pm »

anything on the justice page?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:23:07 pm »

This is most likley JUSTICE, as a result of not listening to your noble's demands.

That, or some sort of weird loyalty cascade, which is something you better hope you don't have.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:34:01 pm »

in case you don't know check justice, press z then scroll over to justice and press enter and look at the corresponding names(if any)

if it is justice to avoid this in the future, build some metal cages, make them into a room and assign it as justice

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 10:05:50 pm »

oh, thx!
still need to look what was that about.

Mystery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 10:29:15 pm »

Steel crossbow would be a waste of steel. Material doesn't affect the damage of the actual shot, only useful for clubing, like a bad war hammer, bone crossbows work just fine. Besides silver should be the best possible material.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 10:39:09 pm »

Steel crossbow would be a waste of steel. Material doesn't affect the damage of the actual shot, only useful for clubing, like a bad war hammer, bone crossbows work just fine. Besides silver should be the best possible material.

can't make silver crossbows.  Copper is next best for bashing, but I prefer bismuth bronze.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 06:15:20 am »

Reading this thread I would say steel works just fine. :D

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 08:04:20 am »

the hunter came with the steel xbow, btw it was an infringment to a mandate or something D:

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 08:12:02 am »

How does a miner infringe mandates? :o

Anyway, then he was just very unlucky. The idea was probably to give him a good, but survivable, smacking.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 08:22:39 am »

i didnt know this till i was told yesterday, if you have no jail the mayor or whoever will "reduce" the sentence to a beating, which is glitched and will involve weapons

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 09:42:13 am »

It's probably not the miner that did something wrong... the principles of dwarven justice are just a bit unusual. A nobles mandate gets ignored, someone is going to pay for it. It doesn't really matter who, as long as someone suffers. Could have been a glassmaker or craftsdwarf not doing his work and the miner getting punished for it. If there's a jail, there won't be beatings, but if there are beatings, they will be done with whatever weapon the justice dwarf happens to be holding... "Oh, a mild beating, three hits. Now where is my artifact steel battleaxe?"
 I'm just waiting for the moment when a noble orders the guard to beat himself up... ::)
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 11:38:03 am »

It's probably not the miner that did something wrong... the principles of dwarven justice are just a bit unusual. A nobles mandate gets ignored, someone is going to pay for it. It doesn't really matter who, as long as someone suffers.
Correct. Crime should always be followed by punishment. That creates the required deterrent effect. If the person punished turns out to be the one who committed the crime, that's just a bonus.
Never pet a burning dog.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 11:11:37 am »

I'm just waiting for the moment when a noble orders the guard to beat himself up... ::)
I remember someone saying that if there was a mandate to produce (for example) pig tail socks, making the noble into the only weaver/clothier in the fort would result in him being selected for the punishment of not meeting his own mandate...

I haven't yet tested this one, though.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 04:48:15 am »

From my experience, the victim is chosen basing on the skill used to produce the mandated goods. For example, if rock door was mandated, then anybody with the masonry skill can be selected, and the game doesn't take in account if the selected miner actually has that labor turned on or not. It's enough that he has the skill.

This can become very frustrating with immigrants who have every crafting skill, and few other skills as well. They have the highest chance to be punished.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."
Pages: [1] 2