Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: McDwarfy's Happy meals  (Read 2137 times)

penco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
McDwarfy's Happy meals
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:44:31 pm »

I want to make the tastiest meals possible to export and feed my dorfs, but the wiki is a little weak on the value of most ingredients.

To my knowledge, the most valuable ingredient is cheese and 50, and then flour at 20 or 25. I found the value of the boozes as well.

So can anyone tell me the value of...

-plants
-fish
-meats
-syrups
-any other foodstuff I am forgetting

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McDwarfy's Happy meals
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 04:50:06 pm »

Don't forget the minced wine.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 04:57:26 pm »

And firefly brains.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 04:58:28 pm »

Check the wiki, starting here and possibly also at the page for material and item values: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Food
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 05:56:54 pm »

Quarry bush leaves are excellent filler because they add quantity to your meals which will boost value, elephant meat is another excellent source of very large, valuable, ingredient stacks. And if you are using cheese, use dwarven cheese (value of 100) with 1-3 filler items (large stack items, not necessarily valuable) and 0-2 other high value items.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 06:02:58 pm »

Try dwarven syrup for filler.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 06:12:06 pm »

How many units of syrup are gained per unit of plant?  I know with quarcain that you get 5 leaves per plant.  When you can easily get stacks of 5 plants and even stacks of 8 (possibly more, im  not sure what the cap is) that gives stacks of 25-40+ leaves.  The only filler i know of that will exceed this is meat butchered from large animals.  Forgotten beasts, elephants and the like.  (if you like modding elephants to leave a pile of 1k+ meat as a baby, as I do, you get super happy meals)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 06:13:18 pm »

How many units of syrup are gained per unit of plant?  I know with quarcain that you get 5 leaves per plant.  When you can easily get stacks of 5 plants and even stacks of 8 (possibly more, im  not sure what the cap is) that gives stacks of 25-40+ leaves.  The only filler i know of that will exceed this is meat butchered from large animals.  Forgotten beasts, elephants and the like.  (if you like modding elephants to leave a pile of 1k+ meat as a baby, as I do, you get super happy meals)

Dwarven syrup is pretty stupid. You get 5 units per plant, like with leaves, yet the value is 20 or 25 per unit, like sugar/flour. This makes it something like 4-6 times as valuable as any other plant in the game.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 06:26:56 pm »

Dwarven syrup is pretty stupid. You get 5 units per plant, like with leaves, yet the value is 20 or 25 per unit, like sugar/flour. This makes it something like 4-6 times as valuable as any other plant in the game.

That's because its liquid dwarf-crack.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 09:46:39 pm »

Dwarven syrup and quarry bush leaf roasts are hands down the most valuable food item.  However, I have noticed a bug of sorts where, if there are quarry bush leaves available to be cooked, your chef will cook ONLY the leaves, regardless of how far away from the kitchen they are stored while ignoring any and all liquid ingredients.  To alleviate this, I have turned to using whip vine flour instead, as it has the same value as quarry bush leaves, but if I store my dwarven syrup right bside the kitchen, and the flour further away, the chef will correctly grab one whip flour and 3 syrups for a lavish meal.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 09:52:55 pm »

Dwarven syrup and quarry bush leaf roasts are hands down the most valuable food item.

Not quite. Quarry bush leaves aren't valuable, you just get big stacks, and flour and sugar are competitive with syrup as far as per-unit price is concerned.

What you mean to say is that the stacks of roasts are most valuable. The individual roasts aren't so muchc.

penco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 09:55:59 pm »

How is the value of a meal calculated? What is the most valuable meal?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 09:58:54 pm »

Good question! I'm not entirely sure myself.

However, the most valuable meal would be a lavish meal (four ingredients), where the total and per-ingredient quality of the meal is all "masterpiece" and nothing but. It would also need the most valuable per-unit food in the game. It seems to me that whip vine flour is (or is at least a tie for) the most valuable ingredient in the game, but I'm only looking at crops here; some animal meat might get higher. However, Forgotten Beasts (and probably randomly generated Titans) are bad candidates, because they have the default (i.e. lowest possible) body materials value.

penco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 10:03:52 pm »

The most valuable ingredient is purring maggot cheese at 100, followed by other cheeses at 50.

So would a meal of 4 purring maggot cheeses be best? Or does variety add to the actual value of a meal? Basically I am trying to decide whether it is worth my while to bother fishing or growing crops to be cooked, since the value is so much lower than cheese/flour/syrup.

I'm starting to think quarry bushes are worthless end-game where you want quality over quantity (quantity = bad fps, lower happiness). I am thinking I need to just make syrup, flour, and cheese, and then use plump helmets and strawberries to make booze only.

It would help if the value of fish and meat was given somewhere...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 10:15:47 pm »

Variety doesn't add to actual value, but it might still matter since dwarves have varied tastes. A meal with four different ingredients might have a better chance of satisfying a particular dwarf's tastes, for obvious reasons.

But in terms of trade value, yeah, variety makes no difference.
Pages: [1] 2