Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

John Hinckley Jr. Was Completely Insane

Jodie Foster is not responsible for him shooting Reagan.
- 11 (47.8%)
Jodie Foster is responsible for him shooting Reagan.
- 12 (52.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Jared Lee Loughner Was Completely Insane  (Read 3143 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Jared Lee Loughner Was Completely Insane
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 06:05:11 pm »

But there was his talk about the use of fiat money versus gold or commodity backed currency.  That just seems too convenient given the heavy criticism of fiscal and monetary policy.  So I think this guy is a plant an agent of the CIA or Powers That Be.
You're actually able to say that seriously?  I mean, I thought it was a joke at first, but you seem to be pretty consistent with it.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 06:06:33 pm »

While I admire your tenacity, I should point out that John Hinckley, Jr. attempted to assassinate Reagan specifically to impress Jodie Foster due to her role in Taxi Driver. By comparing John Hinckley & Jodie Foster to Jared Loughner & Sarah Palin/Glenn Beck, you're actually strengthening the idea that the shooting was motivated by political views due to the narrow focus in ways one can become obssessed with Palin or Beck.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 06:07:55 pm »

But there was his talk about the use of fiat money versus gold or commodity backed currency.  That just seems too convenient given the heavy criticism of fiscal and monetary policy.  So I think this guy is a plant an agent of the CIA or Powers That Be.
You're actually able to say that seriously?  I mean, I thought it was a joke at first, but you seem to be pretty consistent with it.

Remember that the people in power "would never let a crisis go to waste" to quote Rahm Emmanuel.  I don't trust the snakes in charge.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 06:12:12 pm »

Nah, you're clearly just a plant set by the government.  Noone would suspect them over reasons that tenuous.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 06:15:10 pm »

Nah, you're clearly just a plant set by the government.  Noone would suspect them over reasons that tenuous.
It is quite clear you are planted here by Jared who was a sleeper cell agent for the government who was working on a mandate set up by his alternate ego who was mind washed by his current ego that was raised by the government which was instructed to do so by his time-traveling son who is actually him due to time loops.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 06:21:47 pm »

I am a plant here to divert attention away from the intricate web of spies, double agents, triple agents, two-bits-for-an-ale agents, and regular agents.
Shoes...

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 06:29:09 pm »

::)

My Masters don't need to exert special effort to make you guys look like kooks, Bouchart. You do that all on your own.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 06:29:32 pm »

Cthulhu is an evil spy.

Goverments are unconstitutional.

Therefore, Cthulhu is an evil spy.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 06:49:29 pm »

Jared Lee Loughner was completely insane and thus speculating as to his political affiliations in an attempt to paint one party as responsible for his actions and is entirely a cynical exercise in exploiting tragedy for a fallacious rhetorical argument.

Jared Lee Loughner was completely insane.

Speculating as to an insane person's political affiliations is an attempt to pain one party as responsible for his actions.

To paint one party as responsible for an insane person's actions is entirely a cynical exercise in exploiting tragedy for a fallacious rhetorical argument.

Therefore blah blah blah.  We can all agree on two things though.  That Pima Community College can safely be blamed entirely for fostering his radical worldviews by refusing to devote classtime to his wordsalad manifestos and charging him unconstitutional tuition for an education on the politics of Loughner-world, which he wouldn't have shut up long enough to receive.  And that one thread is enough.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 06:55:52 pm »

Noooo, Aquizzar have succumbed, too.
Now everyone will erupt from his house spouting three sentences slogan and gunning down liberals.

Somehow it's your fault Nikov.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:04 pm »

Jared Lee Loughner was completely insane.

I don't get the poll. It don't make sense. John Hinckley JR. was absolutely to blame.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 06:59:23 pm »

It depends on if you mean the first, second or third times he was assassinated.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 07:42:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aqizzar and I agree on something.

Everyone, mark your calendar. A year from now, we're having a parade.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 07:51:04 pm »

Actually, we really don't on the exterior stuff, but I wanted to be magnanimous instead of crass.  We do agree on Loughner being crazy.

Jared Lee Loughner's acidtrip worldview is a classical rightist one, with his fixation on a gold-backed treasury and some indefinable sense of concrete constitutionality, and drifts into old school winger paranoia with his ramblings about government mind control.  But reading about statements from people who knew him, that he had become increasingly withdrawn and obsessed with sleeping and dreams over the past few years, it's a bit clearer what was going through his mind, not that those YouTube videos weren't proof enough.  Loughner was crazy at base, and as mentally disassociated people do, he needed something to be crazy about.  He found rightwing verbiage to make a candy coating around his pathology, but he was indisputably living in his own world.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 07:54:33 pm »

... and thus speculating as to his political affiliations in an attempt to paint one party as responsible for his actions is entirely a cynical exercise in exploiting tradgedy for a fallacious rhetorical argument. There was no more influence upon his man and Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin than upon John Hinckley Jr. by Jodie Foster.

To support the notion he is insane, here is a link to his Youtube manifestos on mind control.

Can we please stop taking cheap shots now?

It's not about "cheap shots". I'll crosspost something I said in the other topic:

This whole thing is so garbled and corrupt that I'm just done watching it. Both parties are attempting to use a murder of six as a method to get more registrants. And I don't like it.

Here's the thing.

Even if he had no direct links to the Tea Party movement, it still highlights how atrocious that movement's rhetoric is: The violent imagery, revolutionary dog-whistle political talk, gun imagery, "watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants", etc. This event highlights how seriously we should take such matters, instead of using revolutionary and violent speech for petty political gains. And when you try to normalize that kind of speech and thought as if it's nothing to even be concerned about, as if "second amendment remedies" are to be spoken of casually as if we're in the middle of a goddamn civil war or insurrection... then how can you be surprised when a violent wingnut on either side of the aisle (or neither) actually shoots someone?

Yes, he's insane, but it's still important to talk about how we should be responsible in our political rhetoric, and shouldn't take talk about violence, gun use, or "revolution" lightly in the slightest.

I also find it kind of disingenuous that instead of replying to an existing thread on this topic, you started your own redundant one solely for the purpose of political grandstanding. I know it grants you a more prominent soapbox, but it's unnecessary and ridiculous.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 [2] 3