Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Colonizer.net  (Read 21788 times)

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
Re: Colonizer.net
« Reply #270 on: January 26, 2011, 06:56:04 pm »

Use the satellite for a survey of the land from above.  Make a few communication/spy satellites for good measure. 
On any future missions to the jungle, we should have one of the comm-sats keep an eye on things and ensure communications with the troops.

In the meantime we should have our current satellite perform radio-spectroscopy on the surface of the planet to get a rough idea of what lies beneath.  We should probably give the satellite a name.  I propose it be named after one of our fallen soldiers. "Pos'Hum-1","PH-1" for short.

Our engineers should figure out how to make space-based lasers or ion cannons or some kind of weapon that makes pretty explosions/fire from high-orbit.  ("Pos'Hum's Revenge" as a possible name?)
Quote from: The Codex Astartes, Warhammer 40000
In war, one should seek to take and hold the high ground. From there, the enemy's movements are clearly visible, and he will struggle just to reach you, let alone fight you. High orbit is the highest ground there is.

We should also work on creating flying autonomous drones to scout the rest of the world for usable resources.  However, we may not have the resources to create such drones so we should quickly put together a sensor-suite suitable for mapping geography and possible mineral deposits.  Then we should attach the sensor suite to our remaining drop-ship and have it do a fly-over of the less hostile areas of the planet.  The sensors should flag any sites with potential iron, copper, uranium, plutonium, lithium, silicon, or other deposits valuable to heavy or tech industries.

As for more domestic affairs, we should get to work building more permanent tenements and the infrastructure needed to support our population.  We need to have a sit down with this Lord Luki'Tune and tune him into the fact that the Ghants are now valuable members of our society and shall be treated as such.  Create more greenhouses and water purifiers.  Build a few rain collectors and create a reservoir to store excess water.

Bring up the mind control fungus with the president.  Try to get a research initiative going on finding a way to kill the fungus.

Spoiler: I support this. (click to show/hide)
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 26, 2011, 07:40:46 pm »

((Sorry about that, but Random.org did it, and i'm not just saying that.))

You decided to talk with Lor'ica and you are about to discuss ways to deal with Luki'Tune when he bursts into your office. He is followed by Plop.
Luki'Tune sits down arrogantly and puts his boots up on the metal thingy you use for a desk.
The Ghant stands Tiredly after a bit of a salute.
"Hello Tye, remeber me?" Luki'Tune asked cheerily.
You resist the urge to punch him. The jerk ripped you off when you had that old smuggling ring set up, but he went by a differnt name then.
The Ghant stands by Lor'ica and looks a bit angry.
"Would you like some Liquer?" you reply calmy.
"Is it made by those furry little green bastards?"
"No, its made by the Ghants."
"Same thing, so no. I'm actually surprised you let one into your nice,shiny office.By the way are you ever going to give me and my people what they ask?"

What do you do?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:47:37 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 26, 2011, 07:54:59 pm »

"No, now get the hell out of my office.  I will not suffer this kind of indignity, and keep your so called followers in line, or they'll soon find themselves in the military."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 26, 2011, 08:40:23 pm »

Call in Lori'ca to dispose of this traitor, making sure that only war or tremor veterans are allowed into office
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:09:45 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 26, 2011, 08:51:43 pm »

"Get the hell out of my office you despicable racist!  You and your ilk can expect to soon find yourselves delivering fungicide to the Tremor Hivemind, BY HAND if you keep up with this disgusting behaviour concerning the Ghants!" 
Add spittle, red-face, and hand motions for extra effect.  Throw Luki'Tune out the door if necessary.

Re-dub Luki'Tune's position as "Lord" to "Lord of Ass-Hole-ery"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:54:20 pm by xtank5 »
Can't get enough Bolo.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 26, 2011, 10:41:08 pm »

"Get the hell out of my office you despicable racist!  You and your ilk can expect to soon find yourselves delivering fungicide to the Tremor Hivemind, BY HAND if you keep up with this disgusting behaviour concerning the Ghants!" 
Add spittle, red-face, and hand motions for extra effect.  Throw Luki'Tune out the door if necessary.

Re-dub Luki'Tune's position as "Lord" to "Lord of Ass-Hole-ery"
"No, now get the hell out of my office.  I will not suffer this kind of indignity, and keep your so called followers in line, or they'll soon find themselves in the military."

We shouldn't do this. We have no clue how much sway this guy has. I'd shrug him off and patronize him, but I wouldn't explode or insult his face. I'd leave that to our distinguished war hero friend.

"You can have all the land you want, Luki'Tune. But it will be without food or utilities until we can get some traders to this colony. You may not care for the Ghants or their products, but trust me; a drunk trader is an easy trader. It is in your best interest to keep the Ghants around. Just remember, our hero Lori'ca owes his life to plop here. I wouln't want to be on Lori'ca's bad side, I've heard what happens when he flips his lid..."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 26, 2011, 10:51:03 pm »

No Negotiating with the race-traitor.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:53 pm »

We make him suffer after we contain his followers then. If a significant amount of our population is loyal to him, we cannot afford to piss him off. Lori'ca can kick his ass later, he has to be beloved by the people for his heroics at this point: Nobody will call for him to be removed if he is rude or violent towards the Ghant hater. Mr. President should keep his hands clean.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 26, 2011, 11:23:29 pm »

Guys, the talking isn't necessary. Why? Because there's a much, much easier way to express our opinion: Walk up to Luki'Tune and punch him out cold.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2011, 11:25:42 pm »

Guys, the talking isn't necessary. Why? Because there's a much, much easier way to express our opinion: Walk up to Luki'Tune and punch him out cold.

You forgot stripping him of office, other then that I wholeheatedly accept this plan.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2011, 11:27:15 pm »

This. Have any recordings/transcripts of the incident purged. Call Lori'ca and claim he assaulted you. I'm sure the Ghant would lie for you at this point.

Save the game beforehand however...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:28:57 pm by Weirdsound »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2011, 11:28:55 pm »

This. Have any recordings/transcripts of the incident purged. Call Lori'ca and claim he assaulted you. I'm sure the Ghant would lie for you at this point.

Politics at it's finest

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2011, 11:29:58 pm »

Make sure he at least knows why you punched him first.
Can't get enough Bolo.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 26, 2011, 11:33:31 pm »

Make sure he at least knows why you punched him first.

Nah. Let him assume it was over the past. Punching out a popular leader because you love a minority group is a good way to get removed from power in a violent fashion. Punching out a popular leader because he ripped you off in the past is a good way to come across as a total badass.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2011, 07:00:40 pm »

((Lori’ca is standing right beside you.))

The lightning storm is still going ON!?!?

Spoiler: Shar'yar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Findings (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

What do you do?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22