Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Colonizer.net  (Read 21806 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Colonizer.net
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2011, 01:33:04 pm »

Lor'ica: Quickly check on the wounded, and request the correct medical supplies to tend to their needs. Request some anti-psychotics for yourself; you don't like their side effects but taking them probely beats getting shot by your own people. Get the ETA on the completion of the two way landers and thus the medical delivery. Offer any wounded unlikely to last that long a quick death. Return to supervise the construction, focus on the western wall.

Ship: Power up the shields and make contact with whatever the heck made that rupture. If no hostilities are likely, continue working on the landers. Also modify a probe with a self destruct mechanism so it can research the civilized planet without risking capture.
If the ship dosn't seem all that friendly calculate how long your shields can last against it.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2011, 03:47:05 pm »

experiment with weedkiller on the monsters. see what hurts them.

and as weed killers, i mean any chemical or substance dubbed lethal
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2011, 04:59:16 pm »

experiment with weedkiller on the monsters. see what hurts them.

and as weed killers, i mean any chemical or substance dubbed lethal
As all the ones around us are already dead, I'm pretty sure that would require a live one. So I veto this.

Lor'ica: Quickly set up the rest of the walls. They don't have to be pretty, they just have to make noise if they are ever broken.

Colony ship: Get everyone to battle stations, shields on, power to weapons and shields, and try to make contact with the other ship and ask them of their intentions.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2011, 07:09:20 pm »

I agree with Weirdsound and Tarran.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 07:13:01 pm »

((@USEC_OFFICER you use an old hydrogen powered radius engine. Imagine a small sun put into an engine and fueled using hydrogen then the radiation/energy is vented out the back giving thrust. Its pretty complicated. But a Slingspace is way more complicated...))

You work on the western wall and put in a request for the ETA of the two ways and order some medical supplies.
The things don't attack tonight.
Three of your people succumb to their wounds.
She'ish is starting to look tired and bored.

You command all people to man the battle stations when you realize you don't have any.
Crap. You turn on the basic atmospheric shield when the ship appears.
It seems to freeze when it notices you. Then slowly it arrives alongside you.
Crap nebula.
The boarding dock latches onto the port.
You stand up and walk to the port fixing your clothes and fur as you go.
You stand in the port, with a few more experienced warriors who stand around with guns and look tough.
When suddenly the door opens.
A tall female Darlat walks through with a grin on her face.
"Hello. My, My what a nice welcome party."

((You are only in control of The Colony guy whose name is Tye-Fe since no one named him or Tye for short..))
So what do you say or do?

((So do you like the game?))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 07:19:46 pm »

The game is great. :D

Tye:
"So Ms...?  To what do we owe the pleasure?"
Inquire if they know anything about the planet.
Order that battle stations be built.
Can't get enough Bolo.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 07:25:23 pm »

This game is certainly interesting. What I like most about it is that it's not too hard to keep track with or falling into stupidity.

Order our warriors to lower their weapons.
Ask the darlat her name and apologize for the armed welcoming party.
Ask if she sells fuel.
Ask her if there's anything interesting going on in the galaxy.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 07:40:37 pm »

"Drop weapons and sorry about that Ms...?"
"Leeela Bloodvayne, secondary captain of the... Pirate ship Deathblow."
And with that she lunges forward and draws a pistol. The suddenly puts it back into her belt and then falls on the floor and curls up laughing.
Another Darlat walks through. This one a male.
"I am utterly sorry for that. We...Uh...recently aquired some booze from the master brewers known as The Ghants, and some of her crew laced her caoff with it.
I’m Johnny Arma, I'm full captain of the Ship called The Deathrip. You wouldn't have any ammo to trade would you? That battle was pretty heated...and our magazine was destroyed.
I'd be happy to trade some Ghant brew or something else of value."
Oh crap pirates or privateers...bad news if you piss them off. But Darlat pirates are a lot nicer then most.

What do you do?

((Oh and sorry but random.org is pretty wierd. It makes them Darlats, then pirates, then nice...))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2011, 07:43:15 pm »

What kind of ammo do they need? (Would be wise to check first.)

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2011, 07:47:57 pm »

Trade extra ammo for fuel.
See if they have any knowledge of the planet or if they have any two-way transports that they may be willing to trade for some of our more exotic weapons (don't reveal that we have those yet).
Can't get enough Bolo.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2011, 07:48:23 pm »

See if they have any knowledge of the planet or if they have any two-way transports that they may be willing to trade for some of our more exotic weapons (don't reveal that we have those yet).

This.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2011, 07:49:49 pm »

Good read. Digging the fast updates.

Lor'ica: Tell She'ish to go to bed and pick another soldier to keep an eye on you till she wakes up. Use some stimulants (Caffeine, speed, or some scifi equivalent) to keep alert and continue the construction. If you have no stimulants, go to sleep.

Tye: Offer 50% of your ammo reserves for fuel and probes. Make it 51% if they want to throw in a small amount of booze for you and the other officers to enjoy. Invite Johnny and Leeela to the bridge for a drink from your personal stash while the crews of both ships handle the transfer.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2011, 07:54:46 pm »

No one ever posted in my forum game this much :smith:
Also,

This.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2011, 07:57:19 pm »

Inquire about raw materials that they might have on hand.
We might need them to build a proper colony that can defend against the tremors.  I also motion that we call the creatures that attacked us from under the ground be called tremors or carnivorous roots.  Whatever sounds cooler.
Can't get enough Bolo.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2011, 09:14:39 pm »

"We have chaingun ammo, energy packs and two fusion bombs-"
"Fusion bombs? They are hard to find these days. Ever since the Fieres have declared war with the warsmiths of Gith. What would you like for them?"
"How about a unit of hydrogen fuel,two two-way transports and any info on that planet down there?"
"How about all that for %70 percent of your chaingun ammo,energy packs, and those two fusion bombs and I might throw in some brew..."

What do you say?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22