Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90612 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 4: Silent Night
« Reply #450 on: February 05, 2011, 02:23:29 pm »

Ok then, so Vadia:  Does that discrepancy convince you?  Irony, what's your take on it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 05, 2011, 07:05:45 pm »

Irony, what's your take on it?
I would somewhat expect all the PMs to be copy+pasted from the same source anyway, so the notion that they'd be different strikes me as odd.

Trouble is, the two people we have trying to confirm that are obviously working as a team, which I greatly dislike for obvious reasons.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 05, 2011, 08:04:02 pm »

And the sudden switch from
The PM mentioned nothing about nightkills. It simply says "if you were killed." That's something of a disconnect and this just adds on to my suspicions of him.

to

I'm surprised Jim caught it so fast, but yes, I was lying to see what Nirur said. My PM (without quoting it directly) does mention being killed in the night, very specifically.
  Seems beyond suspicious.  "Nothing" in itallics from the original post.  to "very specifically"  And that we who have not seen it wouldn't get confused at the very least.  Well I'm willing to lose on that point because such a lie is either a: scummy or b: stupid.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 05, 2011, 10:02:58 pm »

And the sudden switch from
The PM mentioned nothing about nightkills. It simply says "if you were killed." That's something of a disconnect and this just adds on to my suspicions of him.

to

I'm surprised Jim caught it so fast, but yes, I was lying to see what Nirur said. My PM (without quoting it directly) does mention being killed in the night, very specifically.
  Seems beyond suspicious.  "Nothing" in itallics from the original post.  to "very specifically"  And that we who have not seen it wouldn't get confused at the very least.  Well I'm willing to lose on that point because such a lie is either a: scummy or b: stupid.

My God, you seemed to have completely missed the whole point.

Jokerman-EXE willfully lied to test Nirur Torir's knowledge of the Water Assist that he claimed he made. Nirur Torir failed the test.

Failing tests of knowledge is far scummier than implementing them. I do not understand why you have a problem with this.

Notice how Nirur Torir has completely disappeared. If Jokerman-EXE is wrong, why isn't Nirur Torir showing up to defend himself? Because he can't, because he is scum, and because he lied, and because he was caught.

Irony, what's your take on it?
I would somewhat expect all the PMs to be copy+pasted from the same source anyway, so the notion that they'd be different strikes me as odd.

Trouble is, the two people we have trying to confirm that are obviously working as a team, which I greatly dislike for obvious reasons.

This is a pathetic take.

What's your opinion on Nirur Torir's inference? He shouldn't have needed to do that, since yours, mine, and Jokerman-EXE's Water Assists, which have no differences, explicitly mentioned being killed in the night. Not to mention that the PM he sent to Toaster mentions NKs.

What do you think about that, huh? Trying to ignore your scum buddy as much as possible in milo, I see.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 06, 2011, 09:36:43 am »

If there was outside proof without buddying sure, I'd believe J-man. 

You guys have been buddying for the whole day (i.e. scummy)
A lie occurred -- generally a tool of scum.

Unless Irony says "Oh, he told me it was a trap yesterday" I don't buy the trap theory.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #455 on: February 06, 2011, 12:28:44 pm »

Day Ends: ~11.5 hours
6 Feb 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST

Notes
There are no remaining Sorcerers.
If a vote ends in a tie, No Lynch will occur.
There will be no more extensions
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 06, 2011, 12:46:04 pm »

If there was outside proof without buddying sure, I'd believe J-man. 

You guys have been buddying for the whole day (i.e. scummy)
A lie occurred -- generally a tool of scum.

Unless Irony says "Oh, he told me it was a trap yesterday" I don't buy the trap theory.

...Do you know what buddying is?  It is when scum acts friendly toward a townie in order to ingratiate himself and curry favor with said townie.  This is completely unrelated.

You need to decide for yourself without looking for others to decide for you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 06, 2011, 04:50:09 pm »

This is a pathetic take.

What's your opinion on Nirur Torir's inference? He shouldn't have needed to do that, since yours, mine, and Jokerman-EXE's Water Assists, which have no differences, explicitly mentioned being killed in the night. Not to mention that the PM he sent to Toaster mentions NKs.

What do you think about that, huh? Trying to ignore your scum buddy as much as possible in milo, I see.
Bolded problem. How do we know yours and Joker's PMs explicitly mentioned NKs? Because you said so. After Joker lied to say they didn't. After you both sent in PMs not mentioning that they did. There's really nothing tying you to either answer except each other.

So, let me just ask you: What would have happened if Nirur had responded with "Of course it does, lying scum!" Would you have concluded Jokerman was lying, or jumped in to say he was clearly just testing him? What would have stopped you from agreeing with him no matter what happened?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 06, 2011, 04:52:27 pm »

Quit dodging the fucking question.

Nirur Torir's inference.

Tell me what you think.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 06, 2011, 05:35:50 pm »

Look, if it wasn't glaringly obvious already, I was the connection between Jim and Native. Native and I decided to set up the operation where I would pretend to be the Water Sorcerer and bait who we thought was scum into trying to kill me. Unfortunately, it appears that scum targeted Native on the night that we got it all set up. Hooray for them, but I still managed to mostly confirm Jim.

At this point, he's one of the only people I trust to be town without them being dead. We've been exchanging PMs since yesterday, and we both decided to assist Water, so naturally we both have the same goddam PM. I didn't tell Jim that I would be lying to Nirur Torir, but he caught on so there's no point in hiding that either. If I could quote the PM to you, I would. The fact that Nirur Torir had to make up an inference about it is complete bullshit, because it is blatantly goddam in there. He made it up because he didn't actually get the PM.

Now, as Jim said so eloquently, "Quit dodging the fucking question." You're either Nirur's scumbuddy or you're an idiot that's refusing to let town continue through the day. So which is it?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 06, 2011, 05:44:13 pm »

Not that it's necessary, I can confirm Jokerman-EXE is the contact.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 06, 2011, 05:50:38 pm »

Here's the PM Jokerman-EXE is talking about.

I think we should just claim our interactions and post all the PMs we've exchanged.

That would make Nirur Torir look full of shit. The problem is that the only person we need to convince to change his vote is vadia, and well. Yeah.

How long does the day last? I might be able to swing this for us. If that fails, I'm willing.

The day ends tomorrow at midnight.

Probably enough time. It's a minor chance, probably nothing....urgh. I won't be on much, if at all tomorrow. Can you handle posting everything?

He didn't say what his plan was for catching Nirur Torir was, but once I saw the post it was easy enough to put two and two together.

I didn't post the PMs like I suggested because it was no longer necessary with Nirur Torir lying his ass off. I can still post them, of course, but I'm not going to until I hear from IronyOwl about Nirur Torir's inference first. I want that question answered.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #462 on: February 06, 2011, 07:34:16 pm »

Day Ends: ~4.5 hours
6 Feb 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST

Notes
There are no remaining Sorcerers.
If a vote ends in a tie, No Lynch will occur.
There will be no more extensions
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 06, 2011, 07:47:04 pm »

Nirur Torir's inference.

Tell me what you think.
On rereading, it seems a bit convoluted. Easy fix to that, though.

Nirur, when did your PM say Word of Healing wore off? Did it mention duration?

Look, if it wasn't glaringly obvious already, I was the connection between Jim and Native. Native and I decided to set up the operation where I would pretend to be the Water Sorcerer and bait who we thought was scum into trying to kill me. Unfortunately, it appears that scum targeted Native on the night that we got it all set up. Hooray for them, but I still managed to mostly confirm Jim.
So, why were you so defensive about it? Why would scum have cared? Why doesn't this implicate you instead? These questions have been around forever, but you never bothered to answer them. Why?

We've been exchanging PMs since yesterday, and we both decided to assist Water, so naturally we both have the same goddam PM. I didn't tell Jim that I would be lying to Nirur Torir, but he caught on so there's no point in hiding that either. If I could quote the PM to you, I would. The fact that Nirur Torir had to make up an inference about it is complete bullshit, because it is blatantly goddam in there. He made it up because he didn't actually get the PM.
I know you've been working together. This makes me more suspicious, not less. I don't know that you've got the same PMs, because there's nothing implying you do.

Now, as Jim said so eloquently, "Quit dodging the fucking question." You're either Nirur's scumbuddy or you're an idiot that's refusing to let town continue through the day. So which is it?
You and Jim should take your own advice. Why don't you explain what would have happened if Nirur had called you out for lying? How would you have gotten out of that?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 06, 2011, 07:52:34 pm »

Nirur Torir's inference.

Tell me what you think.
On rereading, it seems a bit convoluted. Easy fix to that, though.

Nirur, when did your PM say Word of Healing wore off? Did it mention duration?

Oh, a bit convoluted. That's a candy ass admission if I ever heard one.

Is that all you think? You don't think he's lying at all?

Why'd it take you so long to make this utterly pathetic admission?

And way to ask questions to stall through the deadline. Nice move, coward scum.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37