Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90502 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 3: NativeForeigner, talking head
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2011, 12:46:56 am »

Jim, who are your scumpicks and why? How has the list changed over the course of the game?

NativeForeigner, you still here? Anything to say?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2011, 12:49:00 am »

Jim, I was in on the plan along with the person who was PMing you. He's not your enemy, he only claimed to be what I am to see if he would get NKed, resulting in you being scum. You passed.

Vadia got worried when I voted Dariush, who was scum, because he was acting stupid. It may have been a half-assed attempt to save his scumbuddy's life. Keep an eye on him and don't let him get away with "I'm new".

Keep an eye on Kamina as well, Vadia's been trying to pressure him, possibly for distancing purposes. Kamina tutored me the same way when I was scum with him.

That is all I can offer. My views on everyone else are blurry at best, but I feel strongly about those two. Good luck, town. You'll need it.

*Passes away in the most dramatic fashion possible*
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2011, 12:54:43 am »

Jim, I was in on the plan along with the person who was PMing you. He's not your enemy, he only claimed to be what I am to see if he would get NKed, resulting in you being scum. You passed.
Wait, so Jim passed a sorcerer NK sting?

Hrm. What was the stated purpose of the contact?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2011, 12:59:00 am »

NativeForeigner is now well and truly dead.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2011, 12:59:59 am »

And, great, somebody didn't assist again.

Nirur Torir, you did nothing until Dariush self-destructed, at which point you voted him. Since it requires no effort to vote a fake claim as obvious as Dariush's I'm pretty much of the opinion that you still haven't done anything. Who do you suspect? And be quick and detailed about it.

IronyOwl, in this post, you listed Dariush's second level spell as an INCAPACITATION as it actually was instead of an INSPECTION as he claimed. This seems like a slip up. Explain the discrepancy.

Jim, who are your scumpicks and why? How has the list changed over the course of the game?

NativeForeigner, you still here? Anything to say?

You're kidding, right? After Dariush the scum sorcerer suicides himself against me, how do you think I'm scum?

This is fishy.

IronyOwl. Pretty sure you're Dariush's partner.

But then you got nightkilled, instead of him. Not that you'll be able to answer, but why should I trust him? He's the only other link in this chain of information that I'm aware of, and it's awfully convenient that you claimed to him and then suddenly you die. I don't think you'd be that big of a target if you weren't a sorcerer.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2011, 02:41:05 am »

IronyOwl, in this post, you listed Dariush's second level spell as an INCAPACITATION as it actually was instead of an INSPECTION as he claimed. This seems like a slip up. Explain the discrepancy.
Yeah, I knew he was lying at that point, so I got his actual spell crossed with his supposed one. Why didn't you notice that earlier, though?

You're kidding, right? After Dariush the scum sorcerer suicides himself against me, how do you think I'm scum?

This is fishy.
Yes, it is. Key word "suicided."

Dariush's very first act of the game was to randomvote you with no question. Just about every post after that was antagonizing his attackers... plus this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not only does your reaction seem a bit exaggerated, that's what gets your vote off vadia and onto Dariush, where it remained until his demise.

Skip to Day 2: You ask why he kept his vote on you from RVS to the night. A few things are odd about this.

By itself, the fact that he'd kept his vote on you didn't seem tremendously out of place- he was a bad player and, as we now know, scum. On the other hand, it's an awfully convenient conversation piece.

Secondly, it indeed is the excuse for you to jump on him as your first act of D2. For what? Nevermind that "are you planning to NK me" business, he just left his vote on you til the end of the day. He immediately proceeds to not only continue to antagonize everyone asking him anything, but FoS NF for no particular reason- he's trying to draw even more heat.

Not terribly long afterwards, you make a peculiar assumption: It doesn't occur to you that you could revote until it hits the right target. In fact, much later when reminded of that fact, you assume just the opposite. It's not until much, much later that you bother to try it out; again as an exercise against Dariush. Who, by that point, had even gone so far as to run away from you on cue.

So a bit more Dariush-antagonism later, he finally claims Air sorc and claims you're scum. A bit later, he gives his spell list. His blatantly fake spell list, which you call him on not three minutes later.

Now, here's the thing. It turns out he's actually the Air Sorc. This has two connotations to it.

First of all, he had a spell list to look at while making his fake one. This is absolute bullshit. Even if his existing list was too scummy to use (and you tell me if he would have been clever enough to make that distinction), there is zero chance someone who could look at an example list would fail that fucking hard at making a new one. This was staged.

Secondly, he claimed what he actually was. Why? He would have known he wasn't going to live past tomorrow when you flipped town, right? If he'd claimed Water instead, he'd have lived just as long but with a slight chance of getting the real Water Sorc to claim, or at least give a tell.

Finally, for a healthy dose of WIFOM, we have the night. Jim Groovester, townie, the guy scum was afraid of enough to disable N1, calls out the Dark Sorcerer D2. Is scum scared now? Apparently not, because they off NativeForeigner that night. Why? They were clever enough to murder Zathras N1, then NF N2? He wasn't exactly an obvious target. I tend to find that when scum knock off mediocre targets, they're either afraid of protects or they need some living good players because they'd look suspicious alone.

So, here we have the life and times of Dariush, Dark Sorcerer:

-Vote Jim
-Piss off everyone he can
-Use incapacitating, annoying, verifiable spell on Jim, who correctly assumes just how it works
-Claim he inspected Jim and found him to be scum
-Deliver a laughably bad fakeclaim

Now I ask you: Is there ANYTHING else he could have done to make you seem not on his side while getting himself killed?

But wait, it gets better. Who have you been going after the whole game? Dariush? No, not exclusively... there's also vadia, the obvious noob, and lurkers. What are your opinions on the other players of the game? When asked, you have no opinion. Dariush is scum, lurkers need to get in here, vadia what the fuck, no comment anywhere else. Until you OMGUS me, of course; you've even refused to answer any of the questions I posed.

You're scum, Jim. You knew Dariush was a weak player, and you knew bussing him would make you seem incredibly townlike- after all, what scum busses their own power role? So you had him hurry the process along, voting you to give you an excuse, antagonizing everyone to get himself in trouble, casting a spell on and calling you out as scum to clear you, and then scuttling his own fakeclaim as hard as he possibly could.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:59 am »

So, I'm scum because of a long series of unprovable speculation and an utterly farcical scenario you just came up with.

How much wishful thinking did you have to put into that to even make it work?

The idea that I pulled a, sort of, double reverse bus on the scum sorcerer is not only patently ridiculous but was completely unnecessary. Why the hell would I want to do something so incredibly stupid like that? Since bussing is a desperate move, double reverse bussing must be an incredibly, horribly desperate move. But I wouldn't have needed to do any of that because I was doing perfectly fine. Even Dariush wasn't doing irrecoverably. Why would I tell him to go be a dumbass idiot like he's never been before, and then claim that I'm scum (apparently truthfully, and because the scum's only power role isn't worth keeping), but so horridly that it backfires against him, which is all according to plan, apparently? That's ridiculous. There are better moves for a scum team of me and Dariush to make instead of the stupidest one imaginable.

But thanks for giving it your best try. You look really desperate trying to sell that load of WIFOM laden horseshit.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2011, 05:51:16 am »

So, not only have I failed my plan so utterly, I've also written myself off as the worst Mafia player there ever was. Totally awesome. *sigh*

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2011, 11:28:58 am »

Huh.  Dariush had seven names by him, but only 6 counted votes.  Mod, is that correct?

Clearly he was bussed, but when?

I rather think at least one of his scumbuddies got on before his fakeclaim, but I don't have any verdict on whom yet.

Anyway,  reread's done, but it was less enlightening than I hoped.  Question time!

Nincompoop:  Welcome!  Few questions to you:

I assume Janus sent you any old PMs vadia got.  Did he assist either of the first two days?  If so, don't tell us what school- just if he assisted.
Who are your top two scumpicks and why?  What is your opinion of Irony's case on Jim?

Kamina hasn't logged on to the forum in 5 days.  He needs a replacement.

Jokerman:  You spent less time yesterday contributing than you did telling us why you couldn't contribute.  Tell us your top two scum picks, and why.  Provide references where appropriate.

Jim:  Are IO's discrepancy you noted and his attack on you the only reasons you're voting him?  If not, why else?

Do you suspect anyone else?

Do you really think Dariush could have saved his case at the time he fakeclaimed?  He had four votes (would have been five with yours) at the time.

Irony:  What does Native's statement do to your suspicion of Jim?  Who else do you suspect?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: 1 Replacement still needed, PM me
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2011, 01:27:46 pm »

Nirur Torir, you did nothing until Dariush self-destructed, at which point you voted him. Since it requires no effort to vote a fake claim as obvious as Dariush's I'm pretty much of the opinion that you still haven't done anything. Who do you suspect? And be quick and detailed about it.

With NF dead, Jokerman inherits the top spot on my scumlist. I feel like he's mostly been active lurking, with a few token semi-useful posts.
KaminaSquirtle is my second scum pick, for not having been modkilled yet.

Lurking Policy
- You must post at least once within each 24 hour period (Saturday & Sunday are a single period)
- After the 1st period without posting, you will recieve a PMed warning
- After the 2nd period without posting, you will recieve a public warning
- After the 3rd period without posting, you will be modkilled
- Warnings *DO NOT* reset, you only have 3 strikes over the entire game
- Only posts in the thread count (not PMs or Scumchat)
- If you have a reasonable excuse, let the mod know ahead of time
Janus: Did he PM you with a reasonable excuse ahead of time?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com

Huh.  Dariush had seven names by him, but only 6 counted votes.  Mod, is that correct?

:-\ Should have been 7 votes. I swear I've had to fix that vote count a half dozen times now. (This is why I have the 'Let me know if I missed anything' disclaimer).

Kamina hasn't logged on to the forum in 5 days.  He needs a replacement.

Janus: Did he PM you with a reasonable excuse ahead of time?

KaminaSquirtle has had 2 Activity Warnings (public warning in the Vote Count). If he misses another 24 hour period, he will be modkilled. If I can find a replacement by then, I'll force replace him, but I don't know how likely that is.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:55:00 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, I'll revoke my FOS. It was a spur of the moment thing, and I'd hit the wrong button while trying to hit preview, to check for new posts. (Trying to read from the mod's decisions isn't a good reason to suspect somebody.)

I feel like something's off about Toaster or IronyOwl (possibly both), as I get too much of a "good townie" impression from them.

Toaster: Why do you think that one of Dariush's buddies got on before the fake claim?

IronyOwl: Please give your read on everyone.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Nirur:  I doubt Dariush would have done that without being prompted, or at least mentioning it in scumchat.  If so, one could have thrown a vote at him so that if he did claim that and it backfired, their vote was already there.  In my mind, that'd be a way to look more townie than "your claim is BS, I'm going to add yet another vote on you, thanks bye."

Plus, if his claim was believed, it'd be simple to A) jump off the Darwagon or B) stay on it despite the claim, saying they don't believe it- free "I told you so" vote for the next day.

Yes, I know this is laden with WIFOM, but the first point is the most important- I'm willing to be scum knew about it ahead of time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

EBWOP:  Wait, your reason for suspecting us is we're too townie?  Surely you have something other than that.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile

Toaster: Are you kidding me? I had easily several times as many posts as you, and spent the entire day attacking Dariush and asking several questions - one of which was directed at you and has still gone unanswered. You even admitted you weren't giving this game much time. So where do you get off thinking you can tell me I'm not being active?

Top two picks: You, because you're honestly just bullshitting now, and you haven't been nearly as useful as you usually are in games. I expect walls of text and analysis from you, and that's been lacking. Second pick would likely be KaminaSquirtle, because I felt like he was avoiding questions and lurking, though that's sort of changing now.

Nirur Torir: Same deal as Toaster, what exactly do you think you're talking about? You admitted to being useless all of yesterday, then came in to request an extension and throw your vote on Dariush along with everyone else. So what have you done that's useful, and do you actually have a good reason to vote me?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37