Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90467 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: 1 Replacement still needed, PM me
« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2011, 08:51:07 pm »

I have no idea what you're doing, but whatever.

I thought I was scum for being a big dumb jerk. Change your mind at all on that? Or is KaminaSquirtle more scum now, for some reason?

do other people find the posts vs. squirtle and jim so oblique.  Or is Jim being (purposefully?) stupid?

fixed
What posts? You mean Jim's posts about Squirtle, or everyone's posts about Jim and/or Squirtle, or what?

I don't get it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:24 pm »

I have no idea what you're doing, but whatever.

I thought I was scum for being a big dumb jerk. Change your mind at all on that? Or is KaminaSquirtle more scum now, for some reason?

do other people find the posts vs. squirtle and jim so oblique.  Or is Jim being (purposefully?) stupid?

fixed
What posts? You mean Jim's posts about Squirtle, or everyone's posts about Jim and/or Squirtle, or what?

I don't get it.

The posts I wrote about JIm and squirtle and had them in red.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2011, 09:12:33 pm »

You need to justify your vote swap from myself to KaminaSquirtle.

Why did you change your vote?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2011, 09:26:46 pm »

Meanwhile Squirtle is looking too suspicious in his silence.  While it is very possible stupidity I'm going to need a good explanation from the one who stated this:

is that not a reason? 

He hasn't posted in a while and he said that killed town, so he's -- trying to kill town?  I kept the whole quote so that we could evaluate the validity of this argument, but I think the fact that he said "Scum shouldn't lurk [I'm going to lurk now]" Is quite suspicious.  Was this not clear -- I thought it as obvious as the grimace on your face.

I thought my voting for you was clear too.

You don't seem to be writing like Jim did in the past two sorcerers.  More like Jim trying to write like Jim at times.  You're too angry (then the "(probably not)" seemed too much on the other side.  While I haven't had much experience with your writing it seems different.  If it IS different Then there is no bigger scumtell in the world.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2011, 11:02:05 pm »

Dariush has gone from scumslips to Refuge in Audacity.

I owe this game more, but I need to do a full reread which is out for tonight.  Question in the interim:

Vadia:
stupid does not (neccesarily) = scum.  But Dariush has been acting somewhat stupid -- I think it's the paranoia thing it makes us all act stupid to different levels.

Assuming you're still playing when you see this:  Why did you post this at all?  I don't see the point.

Also, your case on Kamina is nothing but WIFOM, and it's not even good WIFOM. 

Kamina hasn't logged onto the forum for over 48 hours.  He may need a replace if he doesn't show up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2011, 11:30:16 pm »

Assuming you're still playing when you see this:  Why did you post this at all?  I don't see the point.

Also, your case on Kamina is nothing but WIFOM, and it's not even good WIFOM. 

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wine_In_Front_Of_Me  I don't see ANY similarity between his absence seems very suspicious and that article.  try explaining your point better.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2011, 11:45:14 pm »

Sorry for being useless for day 2. I'm not used to being in multiple games, and got them confused last time I tried. I joined this thinking I'd switch play styles a bit, and take careful notes trying to analyze suspicions for every post.

I kept procrastinating for various reasons. Here we are almost to the end of day 2. My text file is blank, and I've done almost nothing for the day but lurk and make excuses. I'll re-read the thread tomorrow, and use my usual, more casual method of playing, then post my analysis of everybody. For now, sleep.

Extension request.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2011, 12:18:09 am »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:26:15 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2011, 01:09:19 am »

You don't seem to be writing like Jim did in the past two sorcerers.  More like Jim trying to write like Jim at times.  You're too angry (then the "(probably not)" seemed too much on the other side.  While I haven't had much experience with your writing it seems different.  If it IS different Then there is no bigger scumtell in the world.

This is a smoldering heap of bullshit.

I'm pretty sure if you type that in the search engine it will link you to a mafia game, to a post of mine. And, it, in fact, does.

I am dying of laughter about it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: Zathras has no manner of luck
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:11 am »

Jim, when I look at your posts I facepalm because there's such an avatar of idiocy upon the face of Earth as you are.
I know there are three scum because JTF SAID THERE WAS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME!!!!

Seriously, you are a stupid sack of shit, and you're voting me for the most fucking retarded reason in this game.
Are you blind or what? I said that I COULD call you out, but I didn't because I knew it as well. (If you fail to realize that,) you're idiot.
who gives a flying fuck if I lump three lurkers together and call them all scum? It's an obvious attempt to get them talking, so WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT I CALL THEM TO GET THEM TALKING?? Apparently you do, for God knows what reason.
I tried to carry this thought to your brain twice, and it didn't work. Let's hope things will change on the third attempt:
You called all three scum because there were three of lurkers and three of scum. AND ONLY BECAUSE OF THAT. I don't know how else to explain it.
You fucker, sure, just run as soon as I point out what a goddamn idiot you've just been.
Some people need SLEEP. Never guessed that, did you?

...Now, this insult exchange is getting nowhere. Fine, you don't get my logic about '3 lurkers = 3 scum'. Now, is there some other reason I'm 'complete idiot'?

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2011, 11:45:50 am »

This is a smoldering heap of bullshit.

I'm pretty sure if you type that in the search engine it will link you to a mafia game, to a post of mine. And, it, in fact, does.

I am dying of laughter about it.

Look I can cut and paste from sorcere too.

This is a fantastic response. You are a fantastic person.

So.... anything more specific than standard town strategy?
[/quote]

^^  This is the sarcasm and intellegence that's been mostly lacking.  Were I a qualified pro at literary forgery I could get off te fence.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2011, 12:47:03 pm »

Day Ends: ~11.25 hours
25 Jan 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.
Extension (1/5): Nirur Torir
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: Zathras has no manner of luck
« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2011, 01:47:48 pm »

Jim, when I look at your posts I facepalm because there's such an avatar of idiocy upon the face of Earth as you are.
I know there are three scum because JTF SAID THERE WAS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME!!!!

Seriously, you are a stupid sack of shit, and you're voting me for the most fucking retarded reason in this game.
Are you blind or what? I said that I COULD call you out, but I didn't because I knew it as well. (If you fail to realize that,) you're idiot.
who gives a flying fuck if I lump three lurkers together and call them all scum? It's an obvious attempt to get them talking, so WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT I CALL THEM TO GET THEM TALKING?? Apparently you do, for God knows what reason.
I tried to carry this thought to your brain twice, and it didn't work. Let's hope things will change on the third attempt:
You called all three scum because there were three of lurkers and three of scum. AND ONLY BECAUSE OF THAT. I don't know how else to explain it.
You fucker, sure, just run as soon as I point out what a goddamn idiot you've just been.
Some people need SLEEP. Never guessed that, did you?

...Now, this insult exchange is getting nowhere. Fine, you don't get my logic about '3 lurkers = 3 scum'. Now, is there some other reason I'm 'complete idiot'?

Why are you only focusing on Jim? There's other people that suspect you, you know.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2011, 02:26:44 pm »

*sigh*
Well, it seems I have no choice.
I'm an Air Sorcerer and I used my second-level spell to reveal Jim's aligment. He is scum. I haven't attacked him at the start of the day because I wanted to find his partners, but later I grew desperate and now I don't have any choice except to state this. Now, it's up to you, guys.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2011, 02:54:08 pm »

*sigh*
Well, it seems I have no choice.
I'm an Air Sorcerer and I used my second-level spell to reveal Jim's aligment. He is scum. I haven't attacked him at the start of the day because I wanted to find his partners, but later I grew desperate and now I don't have any choice except to state this. Now, it's up to you, guys.

Bull fucking shit.

There aren't any millers in this setup, so the only way you could get scum on me is if you're lying your ass off.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37