Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90499 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: Zathras has no manner of luck
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2011, 07:48:26 am »

First of all, vadia, do you fully comprehend what you're doing? You voted Jim, FoSed me, then unvoted me, then FoSed 'no lynch', then unvoted. I am awed.
Dariush, I've got questions I want answered. Primarily: Why did you let your RVS vote on me stick through the end of the day?
Put simply, there was no one scummier than you. Also, if that's the only reason, OMGUS isn't helping your case.

What case? I don't see you continuing your vote on me from yesterday.

And if nobody was scummier than me, which is pretty hard to believe, how was I scummy? You asked me one question the whole of the day and otherwise said I was an asshole. This sounds like a bunch of crap to justify your laziness with your vote.
'Not helping your case' is a popular idiom, y'know. And I thought you were scum because you OMGUSed me and policy voted vadia, an action which I usually despise since it gives an opportunity to lynch someone without providing proper explanations.

Dariush: I don't see you doing much other then defending yourself. Please state a clear case against your top three scum picks.
If by 'not doing anything expect defending' you mean 'not asking useless questions Toaster-style', then yes, I'm a total lazyass. When I have something to ask, I do that. My pick:
1) Kamina, for tunneling me and accusing me of not scumhunting despite being guilty of the same thing.
2) Toaster, for asking questions that contribute exactly nothing to the process and accusing me over the most idio minor things.
3) Hard to tell, but I'd say Jokerman, for utter passiveness.
Vadia may as well be scum, but it's extremely hard to say since he's clearly new.
By the way, Jokerman, are you directly admitting to being passive and trying to 'see more' of me (fucking innuendo) without asking any questions yourself?

Dariush, I've got questions I want answered. Primarily: Why did you let your RVS vote on me stick through the end of the day?
Put simply, there was no one scummier than you. Also, if that's the only reason, OMGUS isn't helping your case.
So you don't think vadia or Taco Dan were scummier? Why not?
Vadia is clearly new and I didn't feel that Taco Dan's bandwagoning was vote-worthy - he could have thought that his reasons were obvious. I demanded to know those reasons to know whether he indeed had them or was indeed bandwagoning.
You, NativeForeigner, are scum because I don't like your avatar. And now I want to see you defending against this accusation.
You think Kamina is scum and I don't see anything Jim would have done to clear himself from yesterday. Why, with two suspicions, are you doing RVS shit with someone instead of following your leads?
He demanded to see my defence against an accusation based on my response to an idio baseless accusation. I wanted to see the same from him. Where did that prevent me from following my leads?
If you're town, please tell me who you think the scum are.
It's kinda hard to tell with so many players inactive, but Kamina definitely tops the list for reasons I stated earlier and you come a close second for similar baseless voting. Yes, I know, OMGUS and all that, but that doesn't change a thing.
I'm sorry, with three suspicions, why are you FoSing a random person with a meaningless question?
Why did you feel the need to ask the same question two times, one after another, with different wording?

Nirur, why are you being so passive and ignoring everyone except me (well, not counting a short question to NF in your last post)? It looks like you're bandwagoning.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2011, 08:33:08 am »

Jim you’ve sounded more angry this game than in previous games, therefore I feel it’s fake.  You knew it was a spell immediately – which seems odd to me. 
Your switch to Dariush also seemed odd after

(blabla Quote blabla)

vadia, since you've voted yourself, I'm going to vote you as a matter of policy. If you want to be lynched, then I am going to do everything I can to get there[/u]. If you don't want to play, ask for a replacement. Until then, go hang.

Jim you’re acting like a jerk
(Not that it takes much work)
You are hiding
While I’m chiding
You’re scum who’s gone berserk

I’m going to further my statements in spoilers in that I’m probably overanalyzing

On Anger:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the spell:

How I think it’s been going on:

If you’re still reading:
[spoiler] Dariush had a reasonable, though unhelpful defense of his reason
as far as I can tell from his post he just feels that you’re scummy – while that doesn’t convince anybody [bussing?] and you can’t explain your positions to him.  But if he means his gut says you’re scummy – well that’s a legit reason.  And then; I’ve acted scummier than him [from what I can see from everybody else’s posts] and yet you didn’t seem to want to change your vote when he explained that [as he was your third test].

To Dariush, on voting – thought that there was an error in program or something; not spell.
I wanted the count to be right; therefore I voted so the count would be right – then unvoted when I realized it was a spell because I didn’t feel confident enough about any clues at the time.  Now after obsessing all night I feel confident enough

Which brings me to the next point Mod Ineed[/u] out of this game with a clear conscience.  I’m obsessing about it [It’s kinda like thinking about a girl who dumped you]  I’m losing sleep over this $%^#$!^ game.  I’m going to have to quit if you don’t replace me anyway.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2011, 02:56:21 pm »

Everybody who complains that I'm a jerk can shut up and go cry in a corner. It's not a fucking scum tell, and I don't care.

crappy arguments

So, if you think I'm scum, why aren't you voting me?

This is why I think you're scum.

'Not helping your case' is a popular idiom, y'know. And I thought you were scum because you OMGUSed me and policy voted vadia, an action which I usually despise since it gives an opportunity to lynch someone without providing proper explanations.

It's not an OMGUS if you leave your random vote on me through the end of the day without justification.

And voting all self-voters is an excellent policy lynch to subscribe to. Nobody ever does it, and when they do, they're up to something. So who cares what they're up to, just vote them for it. See? It's brilliant.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2011, 03:16:52 pm »

And voting all self-voters is an excellent policy lynch to subscribe to. Nobody ever does it, and when they do, they're up to something. So who cares what they're up to, just vote them for it. See? It's brilliant.
This seems oddly indiscriminate. Should we lynch everyone who looks like they're "up to something?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2011, 03:49:08 pm »

Only if they're voting themselves.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2011, 07:20:24 pm »

Jim: ...shit, still vadia and Dariush. There's really nothing I can gather from the NightKill, and their D1 play was unsatisfactory. I'd need to see more out of Dariush before I reach a decision.
And you feel your own D1 play was? Which questions are you waiting on Dariush to answer, since you haven't asked any of your own?

My D1 play was a bit above vadia's, thanks; and like I said before, I got sucked away by classes for the majority of the day. I was hoping that Extension was going to go through, but I didn't have a chance to vote to help it.

Haven't asked Dariush any questions yet because this weekend has also been very busy for me; popping in to post and satisfy my requirements so I can do some of this homework I've got piled up. I'll be back tomorrow, if not later tonight, with some questions and observations.

To contribute to the latest discussion: there's a huge difference between looking like you're up to something, and voting yourself. When you're voting yourself, you're up to something, whether it's trying to get out of the game (and I'd be more than happy to help you at that point) or it's a scum move (and you should hang for that). Either way, there's no reason for town to do it at all. That's a policy lynch I can abide.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2011, 07:58:18 pm »

Everybody who complains that I'm a jerk can shut up and go cry in a corner. It's not a fucking scum tell, and I don't care.

crappy arguments

This is why I think you're scum.

It's not an OMGUS if you leave your random vote on me through the end of the day without justification.

I forgot to make Jim red 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2011, 09:46:32 pm »

I'll post something more relevant tomorrow, but I'm low on time right now.

We're almost out of tomorrow!

Jokerman:
To contribute to the latest discussion: there's a huge difference between looking like you're up to something, and voting yourself. When you're voting yourself, you're up to something, whether it's trying to get out of the game (and I'd be more than happy to help you at that point) or it's a scum move (and you should hang for that). Either way, there's no reason for town to do it at all. That's a policy lynch I can abide.

Wrong- you're not contributing.  You're analyzing it, without contributing anything new.   Again, looking forward to seeing something real out of you.

vadia:  You're jumpy.  However, this in particular bugs me:

crappy arguments

I forgot to make Jim red 

Bullshit.  You didn't forget- you just didn't.  When he pointed that out, you corrected it.  Changing your play in response to someone else calling you out is a scum move, especially in a case like that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2011, 09:55:10 pm »

NirurTorir, KaminaSquirtle, and NativeForeigner are lurking something fierce. Hey, look! Three lurkers. And there's three scum! Is it a coincidence? (Probably.)

I want you all to comment on recent events, and tell me who you think is scum, because you haven't in a while. In a while being based on the completely arbitrary rubric that you have not posted within the last two pages of this thread, and that I can't remember you contributing in recent memory either.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2011, 10:01:25 pm »

Jokerman:
Wrong- you're not contributing.  You're analyzing it, without contributing anything new.   Again, looking forward to seeing something real out of you.

Wrong - I am contributing. Knowing where someone stands on an issue like this is better than assuming. You now know that I would vote someone simply because they vote themselves, and it will be a lot harder for scum to turn that against me now that I've made my ideals clear from the start. kthxbai.

Now, things I've seen in my reread:

Still waiting on KaminaSquirtle to post, especially after he hilariously calls me out for not being useful. It stinks of scum trying to force activity to cover themselves, though that would be far more effective if Kamina actually came in to vote.

Dariush, you've been incredibly defensive and really sort of a jerk, though that last part's not a scumtell at all. However, Native had a point when he said that you were only insulting your attackers and not really doing much else. Tell me your top four picks, with reasons, and then explain why you haven't pursued them yet, that I've seen.

Vadia is giving off a lot of noobtells/scumtells, and I'm deciding on my own that they are, but recent posts have made it seem like Toaster might be pulling the old "veteran scum jumps on a noob for a 'tell'" move that we've all seen. Toaster, who are you most suspicious of?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2011, 10:50:48 pm »

Right now, Dariush.  I really think he slipped.  My read on Vadia will be clearer when he responds.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2011, 11:52:25 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:40:06 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2011, 05:52:51 am »

vadia:  You're jumpy.  However, this in particular bugs me:

crappy arguments

I forgot to make Jim red 

Bullshit.  You didn't forget- you just didn't.  When he pointed that out, you corrected it.  Changing your play in response to someone else calling you out is a scum move, especially in a case like that.
I put that post into word (as you can see it's spellchecked and less typos most code was easy enough (spoiler)(b) But font color is harder to put in.  I checked that the formatting with the qutotes was right and it wasn't I had to wwork on that about three times and the forgot to make jim red. Believe it or not.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 24, 2011, 10:00:10 am »

This seems oddly indiscriminate. Should we lynch everyone who looks like they're "up to something?"
I was just shaping up the exactly same response when I saw your post. Damn ninjas.
If a player votes himself, especially such a new one as vadia, I really think it's better simply to replace him than lose a potentially powerful role (or any at all). Jim's willingness to do this sacrifice certainly tells something about his intentions...
crappy arguments

I forgot to make Jim red 

Bullshit. Notice my summary of vadia's actions - after someone FoSes fucking 'no lynch', you don't go at them for forgetting to make their vote red...

NirurTorir, KaminaSquirtle, and NativeForeigner are lurking something fierce. Hey, look! Three lurkers. And there's three scum! Is it a coincidence? (Probably.)
Well, this is about as far-fetched as I saw you go. Everyone lurking is scum? What kind of thought is that?

Dariush, you've been incredibly defensive and really sort of a jerk, though that last part's not a scumtell at all. However, Native had a point when he said that you were only insulting your attackers and not really doing much else. Tell me your top four picks, with reasons, and then explain why you haven't pursued them yet, that I've seen.
Are you fucking blind or just ignore my posts? I've stated my scumpick in my last post. I am doing 'much else', it's just instead of asking random people like most people do I prefer to wait for a slip and call people out on it. And in any case you are really not in position to throw stones on this matter... Now, why does it look like you're intentionally making me vote you for ignoring my posts to declare it an OMGUS?

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37