Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90479 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: Zathras has no manner of luck
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2011, 03:44:23 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:50:03 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2011, 03:46:38 pm »

Oh, come on.

I was targeted by the Water and Air schools last night. I have no idea what for, since there was no indication of what happened.

This is going to be incredibly annoying.

Let's see. Unvote Jokerman-EXE. Dariush.

Mod: Vote count, please.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2011, 04:27:59 pm »

I'll post something more relevant tomorrow, but I'm low on time right now.

Dariush: I don't see you doing much other then defending yourself. Please state a clear case against your top three scum picks.

NF: You've been quiet. What are your thoughts? Scum picks?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2011, 05:52:23 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:48:58 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2011, 05:55:23 pm »

Great, my vote is random.

Since I can't count on my vote being where I want it to be I guess I'll just have to unvote.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2011, 07:00:43 pm »

Dariush, I've got questions I want answered. Primarily: Why did you let your RVS vote on me stick through the end of the day?
Put simply, there was no one scummier than you. Also, if that's the only reason, OMGUS isn't helping your case.
So you don't think vadia or Taco Dan were scummier? Why not?

You, NativeForeigner, are scum because I don't like your avatar. And now I want to see you defending against this accusation.
You think Kamina is scum and I don't see anything Jim would have done to clear himself from yesterday. Why, with two suspicions, are you doing RVS shit with someone instead of following your leads?

If you're town, please tell me who you think the scum are.
It's kinda hard to tell with so many players inactive, but Kamina definitely tops the list for reasons I stated earlier and you come a close second for similar baseless voting. Yes, I know, OMGUS and all that, but that doesn't change a thing.
I'm sorry, with three suspicions, why are you FoSing a random person with a meaningless question?

vadia, why do you think you shouldn't assist today?  As in, why you specifically?
I'm 90% sure you're either scum or a sorcerer.  (Or both.)

And finally, no one is a guaranteed townie, no matter how townie they may have seemed.  It was like everyone had written me off as a townie.  Obviously, I wasn't one.
Firstly, unvote.  I don't think vadia is scum, and here is my reasoning:
What's getting vadia in trouble is his big mouth, mentioning every plan he comes up with, however crazy.  I don't think scum would do that.  They would be more cautious.  Not to mention his scumbuddies would try to coach him, and so he would improve.  This has not happened.
He has also done the vote myself because I'm such a failure thing, which I have never once seen a scum do, however much it may seem scummy.
These make me conclude that he is town, even though he looks scummy.  I have seen games go through this process with new people all the time, and they almost never are scum.  So yeah, not going to vote him.
I'm curious what changed between these two, and your third post later.

First of all, you say scum wouldn't run their mouths off like that; but you voted and suspected him for basically just that, his insistence on plans that saw him not assisting.

Secondly, you initially rightly point out that nobody's ever really confirmed; but then you say vadia's almost certainly not scum. I realize you're not saying he's above suspicion, but you seemed pretty confident that scum just wouldn't do that. This wavered again later when you said you were "uncertain" of his scumminess. Which is it and why?

Great, my vote is random.

Since I can't count on my vote being where I want it to be I guess I'll just have to unvote.
I should probably feel bad about finding this amusing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2011, 08:27:44 pm »

I supposed I haven't been replaced. 
 >:(

Dariush you seem to be very defensive.  Isn't that a scum tell?
I suppose about all those who could check checked me and I checked out.

We are (as far as I can tell) a MMOL depending if the scum get 3 votes.  Jim Why didn't you set up a plan for voting magic schools?  You mentioned it before play. 

Could somebody (MOD?) let me know if the vote count is chronological so that I can ask about bandwagoning for me and Taco?

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2011, 08:32:01 pm »

After the game ends if the scum could let me know how they chose Zath I'd be curious.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2011, 08:43:25 pm »

So what if I mentioned it before play? As I recall, I said I may or may not enact a plan. I did not. What of it? That's no reason to vote me.

If you want a replace you have to request it.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2011, 08:44:33 pm »

So what if I mentioned it before play? As I recall, I said I may or may not enact a plan. I did not. What of it? That's no reason to vote me.

If you want a replace you have to request it.
been requested.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2011, 09:29:21 pm »

Dariush:
Dariush:  You continue to act like it is known fact that there is exactly one scum sorc.  Only the scum know how many scum sorcs there are.  I think you slipped, and I intend to nail you to the wall for it.
And you continue tunneling me. If I state that out of nine remaining players less than nine are scum, will you consider that also something only scum would know?

How am I tunnelling you?  I didn't even vote you yesterday.  If you don't want to be attacked, stop being so scummy.

We had five assists yesterday.  With four sorcs and ten players at the start of the night, that means one person didn't assist.  I think I can guess who didn't...

vadia:  Did you assist yesterday?  If you did, please do not say which school you supported.

More in a sec
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »

Ok, maybe not.  I had to change computers before I was done proofreading that post, but it looks OK, and I have nothing more for now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2011, 09:52:55 pm »

How am I tunnelling you?  I didn't even vote you yesterday.  If you don't want to be attacked, stop being so scummy.

We had five assists yesterday.  With four sorcs and ten players at the start of the night, that means one person didn't assist.  I think I can guess who didn't...

vadia:  Did you assist yesterday?  If you did, please do not say which school you supported.

More in a sec

Nope.  I fear giving the dark more power than vgiving an extra assist to the non-dark

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2011, 10:00:15 pm »

Irony why'd you switch your vote from me (towards end) to Taco dan?  Isn't that kinda like double bandwaggoning?

unvote Dariush (as a placeholder for Jim until his vote works  I'm not voting yet because I don't know.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2011, 10:13:54 pm »

Irony why'd you switch your vote from me (towards end) to Taco dan?  Isn't that kinda like double bandwaggoning?
It could be considered vote-hopping from one bandwagon to another, but that would require I join one or both for no/flimsy reasons. Perhaps you shouldn't constantly reference scumtells if you don't know what makes them scummy.

In any case, something you pointed out struck me as clever townie thought more than scum thought, so I began to rethink whether you were scum. Suffice to say you're far from out of the woods, however.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37