Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90485 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 1: Revenge of the Limerick
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2011, 11:33:50 am »

Extension request

Unvote Zathras, although I'd still like to see your response.
Dariush has slipped up.

In any case, I should know the powers to judge the priorities.
Now, why do you keep asking those useless questions? What are you going to deduce from them?
You seem very reluctant to answer the question.
One strategy for RVS stage - Ask people simple questions, see who gets worked up or refuses to answer simple questions. Like you.

Also, what is the reasoning beyond your Nirur vote?
I can't actually tell if you're trying to go after somebody questioning me as an attempt to look like your scum hunting, or if it's a failed buddying attempt.

It isn't.  Unless, of course, you're scum and you know that you only have one sorc scum buddy.  Your knowledge of this is noted.
Are you kidding me? Isn't it fucking LOGICAL to guess that four town sorcs or two scum ones would be too many?
I ask questions so I get a better read on people.  Sometimes I get juicy scumslips like this one!
Are you kidding me?
A suspiciously emotional response, as though Toaster struck too close to home.

Three scum in a 9p game isn't strange. Two scum sorcerers out of four total is.

And don't you go all psychoanalytical on me. You know as well as anyone that I go like that when faced with sheer stupidity.
You're the one who jumped in fear when questioned, rather then jumping at Toaster for "sheer stupidity."

If you believe that Toaster is being stupid, why aren't you attacking him?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2011, 12:53:22 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:48:53 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2011, 03:42:40 pm »

Warning: wall of text ahead. Summary at the bottom.

NativeForeigner:
There once was a man from the stix,
Who liked to write limerics.
      But he failed at the sport,
      Because he wrote them too short.
This one is beautiful. Made me laugh.   8-)

Vadia:
You are dripping with scumtells. Since it's your first game I'm having a hard time deciding if this is just noobiness or a scum act/RIA. I tend to think you'd be more careful if you were noobscum, but you are saying things that are hard to ignore, like these:

Quote from: Vadia
how would you mislead me to act against my fellow townies?
I said it was a stupid idea, but I can't for the life of me see why.
I'm sorry that vadia the not fond of mafia player distracted y'all

Dude, don't friggin' give up so easily! This helps no one. This is either a bold move by a noobscum or you're being a spineless townie. Man up and finish what you started, dammit!

The rhyming was fun though, Zath the first poem's for you
Yeah, it is loads of fun, but so is the mafia part. Don't give up. And yeah, I like that thread. 8-)

Toaster:
Quote from: Toaster
Jim and Zath:  Let's assume no FGDP was put in motion on D1.  What would your reactions be to a D2:
1:  Request for mass-assist-claim?
2:  Unprovoked assist claim?
3:  Claim that someone knew someone else's assist?
1. D2 mass assist claim would probably be unnecessary or premature; asking for it may be scummy, but not too much.
2. Depending on how useful/visible the assist-perks are, I think it's likely we'll be able to deduce who assisted what to some extent. In any case, an unprovoked assist claim would be fine in my book, as it may give useful information about N1 events.
3. Hmmm... I don't think that'll happen; how would one know? A sorcerer with powers like Jim in SA2 would, but wouldn't say because he'd be outing himself; anyone else would have no way of knowing... except PMs, maybe, but outing PMs is a different issue.

Nirur:
Zathras, since you asked me about a plan: Do you feel that the risk of the plan-coordinater being scum is worth it?
Depends on the plan, of course, and the coordinator's scumminess is part of the factors to consider whether to go along with it or not. In general, I'm surprised that no plan has been proposed (I don't have a good plan, and suggest the default option of everyone supporting randomly, as being the statistically safest, but probably won't give much useful information for tomorrow).

Dariush:
...you are saying here that you'd kill him even if he were your scumbuddy. That's... weird. If you were town with a daykill, would you use it on him at your first opportunity? If you were scum would you like him as scumbuddy, or would you truly try to kill him? (I don't think that's even allowed!)
Er, I meant I would kill him if he's town and attack him at day if he's scum. When I was rhyming my failoetry, some of the meaning got... lost from it.
To find how your mind is aligned
all these questions are surely designed.
         If as scum you emerge,
         the cancer we'll purge,
the path is inclined to be mined.
Isn't meta knowledge sufficient for you? And do the latter three rows have any meaning beyond making the limerick rhyme?
Now seriously, what are you intending to get from my answer? What would be your reaction if Jim is indeed NKed/not NKed?
Meta knowledge is never sufficient. It can help, but it must be supported by in-game reads. What I was trying to get was your reaction, and it was informative. As to my reaction to a NK, that'd depend on many factors, and it's useless to speculate at this point.

Toaster:
Quote from: Toaster
Zathras:  Whose playstyle here (of the ones you know) do you find hardest to read?  Easiest?  If you were scum, would that affect your choice of NK target?
Of the ones I know, probably IronyOwl or Nirur would be the hardest, but that doesn't mean I read the rest like an open book... rather I'd say they're equally opaque, none are easy or easiest. No, it wouldn't affect my NK choice, as I'd know their alignment; at most, I'd try to off someone who can read me, not the other way around.

Taco Dan:
I'm voting vadia if only because the limericks are annoying.
Also I have nothing on anyone else so far.
Blatant bandwagon vote, with no reason. This on top of lurkiness and uselessness (not that I'm one to talk about that this game, but it's still bad).

Limericks are not annoying.
On you, my scumradar's deploying.
         Your bandwagon vote
         puts a rope 'round your throat,
Your squirming I'll be enjoying.

That's it for answers. My current scumpicks and a couple of questions:

Quite scummy:
Taco Dan: He posted his bandwagon vote with no reasons, and then promptly disappeared, hasn't done anything else but dropping that major tell. I'm thinking he's scum, and I'll vote him. Unfortunately, this ties the vote, so I hope the extension goes through. Since a no-lynch isn't helpful, if the tie is still in place by the end of day, I may change it. Question for you: do you think vadia is scum? Why? Who else do you suspect? Why shouldn't we lynch you?

Dariush: He's quite scummy, and my second choice to hang. Question: what is your read of Nirur and IronyOwl? Do you think Jim is scum? If so, why? If not, why are you voting him?

vadia: Dropped a number of major tells, but reads too much like a newbie town. I am disappointed that he disappeared after his self-vote, and unless he changes that he's a perfectly valid choice to hang today. If he's not going to be useful or is not interested, then we're better off without him, but I have a bad feeling that it'd be a mislynch.

Jokerman: Why haven't you placed a vote? RVS is over, why aren't you hunting? Who are your scumpicks and why? What's your read of Jim and Kamina?

Jim Groovester: Your thoughts on IronyOwl and Toaster, please. Also, I'm surprised at your lack of a plan, do you have any suggestions on how people should play their assists today?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2011, 03:43:58 pm »

Correction: my vote for Taco Dan does not tie the vote, as I was already voting him from RVS.... one less thing to worry about then.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2011, 04:09:33 pm »

Jim, why aren't you answering my questions?

What questions? If you did ask questions and I didn't answer them then I honestly missed them.

Like I said, I've been preoccupied with other games.

Jim Groovester: Your thoughts on IronyOwl and Toaster, please. Also, I'm surprised at your lack of a plan, do you have any suggestions on how people should play their assists today?

I don't have a read on them. I've been busy. Play this sloppy is uncharacteristic of me, I know, but I'm in three games right now and one of them is extremely demanding. I'll work on doing a better read of this game and answers to everybody's questions if I get time enough.

My suggestion on how to assist: Just get them in. I didn't want to go through with making a plan for a third time in a row, and I'm not sure they're even necessary so long as everybody gets their assists in. Since there is intrinsic value to making an assist now, I don't think that will be a problem anymore.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2011, 04:54:32 pm »

Unvote vadia, Vote Taco Dan. I'm less certain vadia is scum, and I'd like to hear from Taco Dan.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2011, 05:58:52 pm »

It isn't.  Unless, of course, you're scum and you know that you only have one sorc scum buddy.  Your knowledge of this is noted.
Are you kidding me? Isn't it fucking LOGICAL to guess that four town sorcs or two scum ones would be too many?
I ask questions so I get a better read on people.  Sometimes I get juicy scumslips like this one!
Are you kidding me?

This is an interesting reaction, Dariush! How about instead of insulting your attacker, you defend yourself? You perhaps scumhunt? What a thought!

NativeForeigner:
There once was a man from the stix,
Who liked to write limerics.
      But he failed at the sport,
      Because he wrote them too short.
This one is beautiful. Made me laugh.   8-)

I thought it was pretty clever. :P
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2011, 06:01:13 pm »

Oh, right. Extension, please.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2011, 08:21:36 pm »

Day Ends: ~3.75 hours

Extension (4/6): Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, Toaster, Zathras

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2011, 08:56:15 pm »

Extension, then.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2011, 09:29:29 pm »

(adjusted to show Irony's vote change, and the clock)

Day Ends: ~2.5 hours
20 Jan 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST
vadia (3) - Jim Groovester, Taco Dan, vadia
Taco Dan (4) - IronyOwl, NativeForeigner, Toaster, Zathras

I originally requested an extension because I hadn't caught up, but I have now. It seems to me that one of these two is going to hang even if the day is extended (everyone else has zero or one vote), so unless people think we really need to hear from someone else I'll withdraw my extension request.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2011, 10:28:54 pm »

Now, Nirur, how did your last post help you find scum?
Taco Dan's bandwagon with no question makes me suspicious, as it looks to me like an intend-to-lynch-vote, with the day less then half over. I intend to either make him scum hunt, or figure out why he's not looking for scum.
Unvote, good answer.
Kamina:
What's getting vadia in trouble is his big mouth, mentioning every plan he comes up with, however crazy.  I don't think scum would do that.  They would be more cautious.  Not to mention his scumbuddies would try to coach him, and so he would improve.  This has not happened.
He has also done the vote myself because I'm such a failure thing, which I have never once seen a scum do, however much it may seem scummy.
These make me conclude that he is town, even though he looks scummy.  I have seen games go through this process with new people all the time, and they almost never are scum.  So yeah, not going to vote him.
A major pile of WIFOM. Also, what is the reasoning beyond your Nirur vote?
I voted Nirur because his post referenced in my last post didn't seem very oriented towards scumhunting.  It was a semi-RVS vote, it was the most relevant RVS question I could think of at the time.

Whether you may call it WIFOM or not, it's right.  I'm using a combination of statistics and psychology to predict a result (whether vadia is scum or not).  I concluded that he is likely not scum.  If you have a problem with my reason, point out exactly your issue with it, instead of just throwing around buzzwords like "WIFOM".  That doesn't help anyone.  In particular, it doesn't help find scum.  If you disagree, point out exactly why.

Since we seem stuck with a choice between Taco Dan and vadia, I'm going to have to go with Taco Dan, seeing as I find vadia's scumminess questionable.  I'm not going to over why Taco Dan is scummy, since he hasn't made a post recently, and so his scumminess is a tired, exhausted subject.

Tomorrow though, Dariush, you are going to have my full attention.  Your meta may be your current behavior, but honestly, you're acting so scummy I don't even care.
And things like this:
You know as well as anyone that I go like that when faced with sheer stupidity.
Just make me want to lynch you for being an asshole.  From what I've seen, you're a pain to play with.  You make inane statements, and then treat them like some kind of immutable truth.  Whenever anyone disagrees with them or accuses you of anything, you immediately attack them in some kind of frenzy.  When you're called out for it, you claim you're always right, and we're all stupid and insane for disagreeing with you.  Sorry, but I don't like being call stupid by someone so obviously using troll logic.
Isn't it known for sure that three out of four are town? In any case, I should know the powers to judge the priorities.
Now this is extremely interesting.  I made the same exact same slip last game as scum.  Luckily no one noticed, but I doubt I would have mentioned it was I town.  I think this is a scum slip, no matter how FUCKING LOGICAL you may think it is.
Because it's not a logical conclusion you can make at all, actually.  It may be the most likely option, but there is no reason to claim it as a conclusion that we can make.
If you don't scumhunt soon, you're my vote tomorrow.  You have somehow managed to contribute absolutely nothing to the town all day.

I don't like Jokerman's lurkiness.  Contribute, or I'll make you.

I find Zathras removing his extension slightly scummy, but he's right that of those two will be lynched anyway.  If Taco Dan flips town, then I'll think on it more.  For now it seems like it could be a scum move to make sure a townie gets lynched tonight, or it could just be a townie not wanting to have an unfruitful extension since he's already caught up.
My interest has been piqued.  I'll see what comes of it tomorrow.

I'll drop in an extension just in case someone wants to extend, so that they don't need tons more votes if they have a last minute reason.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:43 pm »

Okay, I'm caught up.

You thought you would "soft-ball" me? In this game, there is no soft-ball. There is hard-ball, and there is harder-ball. Don't make that mistake.

This is sig-worthy. I am going to sig it.

Jim,
If the scum apprentices assisted randomly, and you end up with a situation where they were the only one to assist a particular school, and then somebody else claims to have assisted it, they've just found a town sorcerer. It would have to be a pretty damn good reason, like the promise of extremely useful information.
How would someone claiming to assist a school reveal the sorcerer's aligment? Elaborate please.

Oh, this was the question.

Okay, say tomorrow we get something like this for the assists:

Earth 2
Air 1
Fire 1
Water 2

And let's say a scum apprentice assisted for Air. If somebody else claims to have assisted Air, then they are a Sorcerer, because since the scum knows he's the apprentice who assisted Air he knows he's the one responsible for its sole assist. The other person is fake claiming, and the scum team would know who of their members are fakeclaiming, so the other person must be a sorcerer.

What would be your reaction if Jim is indeed NKed/not NKed?

Holy geeze! What are you planning? Also, why are you continuing to vote me from the RVS?

This worries me. Unvote, Dariush.

I don't have a read on them. I've been busy. Play this sloppy is uncharacteristic of me, I know, but I'm in three games right now and one of them is extremely demanding. I'll work on doing a better read of this game and answers to everybody's questions if I get time enough.

I can update my opinion on Toaster and IronyOwl.

I don't really have an opinion. They haven't done anything that jumps out and screams scum and I have no cause to otherwise question them on anything. This means I assume they are town.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2011, 10:49:28 pm »

Mod:  I think Vadia quit playing.  Request prod/replace if needed.  Also, if there's time, please prod Taco.

Zathras:  Noted.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2011, 11:09:21 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:49:13 pm by JanusTwoface »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37