Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90581 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 1: Revenge of the Limerick
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2011, 09:26:12 pm »

Not voting you.

You didn't give anything original. Toaster pointed out the blatant bandwagoning, and asked for his reasoning. You...did basically the same thing.

What makes you suspicious of Taco Dan? Is it simply the bandwagoning? If so, do you feel that that's a good enough reason to vote for someone during the first half of D1?

Fair enough.

What makes me suspicious of him is that he has literally only made on previous post way back on page 4 or 5. Then he hops in long enough to hop on the most promising bandwagon without giving an explanation other than "annoying limericks" and "nothing else" to go on with anyone else. If you don't have anyone else to go on, you ask questions and get something else, you don't hop on a bandwagon. Certainly not without asking questions or giving an original reason.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2011, 10:41:48 pm »

Apologies for lack of posting. I've been away, but I'll catch up and post something useful soon.

Ahem...
I'm sorry I have not been here,
I didn't meant to disappear.
         Up, I will catch;
         deep deductions I'll hatch.
My opinions you later will hear.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2011, 10:52:44 pm »

I'm voting vadia if only because the limericks are annoying.
Also I have nothing on anyone else so far.
So you don't consider anything vadia's done to be scummy? Are you voting vadia for having the most limericks, or the most annoying ones?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2011, 10:59:38 pm »

Native:  Do you suspect anyone else?

Dariush:  Let's assume three of the sorcs are town.  Would you rather see each get two assists or two get three assists?

Zathras:  Whose playstyle here (of the ones you know) do you find hardest to read?  Easiest?  If you were scum, would that affect your choice of NK target?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2011, 11:31:36 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:48:31 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2011, 11:38:58 pm »

Vadia's still up there, but I want to make sure it's scumtells rather than noobtells. Who are your scumpicks?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2011, 01:39:10 am »

Day Ends: ~24.5 hours
20 Jan 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST
I request an extension, please.

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.
Rule change: Lynched Apprentices' assists will *NOT* count for that night.

Oh, I didn't realise they used to count before. It makes sense. Question about the assists: you said that there'd be a perk given to an apprentice for assisting a school; is that active as soon as the assist is sent, or is it a night ability, or is it for the next day period? (or does it depend on the specific school?) If it's immediate, what happens if they change their assist later during the same day?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2011, 01:42:39 am »

I think I'll go ahead and second that extension.

I've been preoccupied with other games, haven't been able to give this one complete attention.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2011, 06:34:21 am »

Jim, why aren't you answering my questions?
Toaster:
Dariush:  Let's assume three of the sorcs are town.  Would you rather see each get two assists or two get three assists?
Isn't it known for sure that three out of four are town? In any case, I should know the powers to judge the priorities.
Now, why do you keep asking those useless questions? What are you going to deduce from them?
Kamina:
What's getting vadia in trouble is his big mouth, mentioning every plan he comes up with, however crazy.  I don't think scum would do that.  They would be more cautious.  Not to mention his scumbuddies would try to coach him, and so he would improve.  This has not happened.
He has also done the vote myself because I'm such a failure thing, which I have never once seen a scum do, however much it may seem scummy.
These make me conclude that he is town, even though he looks scummy.  I have seen games go through this process with new people all the time, and they almost never are scum.  So yeah, not going to vote him.
A major pile of WIFOM. Also, what is the reasoning beyond your Nirur vote?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2011, 08:55:55 am »

Native:

Vadia's still up there, but I want to make sure it's scumtells rather than noobtells. Who are your scumpicks?

Chiefly Taco Dan, for reasons stated in the post I voted him.  I'm currently waiting for his reply.  Other than that, I don't have anything else, so that is why I ask questions.  For more, see below.

Dariush:
Toaster:
Isn't it known for sure that three out of four are town? In any case, I should know the powers to judge the priorities.
Now, why do you keep asking those useless questions? What are you going to deduce from them?

It isn't.  Unless, of course, you're scum and you know that you only have one sorc scum buddy.  Your knowledge of this is noted.

I ask questions so I get a better read on people.  Sometimes I get juicy scumslips like this one!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2011, 08:56:41 am »

Oh right- I'm also for the extension- another 24 hours would be nice.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2011, 09:26:33 am »

It isn't.  Unless, of course, you're scum and you know that you only have one sorc scum buddy.  Your knowledge of this is noted.
Are you kidding me? Isn't it fucking LOGICAL to guess that four town sorcs or two scum ones would be too many?
I ask questions so I get a better read on people.  Sometimes I get juicy scumslips like this one!
Are you kidding me?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2011, 09:30:26 am »

Are you kidding me? Isn't it fucking LOGICAL to guess that four town sorcs or two scum ones would be too many?

It is logical to guess that, yes.  However, it is not...
... known for sure that three out of four are town?

See Sorc1- there were three scum in a 9p game- not logical to assume that!  You can make an educated guess, but that does not make it fact.

The fact that you responded with RAGE is pretty interesting.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2011, 10:50:27 am »

Three scum in a 9p game isn't strange. Two scum sorcerers out of four total is.

And don't you go all psychoanalytical on me. You know as well as anyone that I go like that when faced with sheer stupidity.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2011, 10:58:58 am »

You think LYLO on day 2 after a mislynch isn't strange?  In an 11 man game, I'd rather face three scum with two sorcs than four scum with one sorc- same as in 9 man where I'd rather face two scum, both sorcs than three scum with one sorc.

I'll psychoanalyze whenever I feel like it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37