Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90483 times)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 1: Revenge of the Limerick
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2011, 06:29:24 am »

I found out I'm not having fun
On me the scum have won
I've made mistakes
The game is the stakes
And I don't know how to find scum

An off rhyme, I know.  I'm sorry that vadia the not fond of mafia player distracted y'all
Good luck (you'll probably need it)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2011, 06:33:25 am »

The rhyming was fun though, Zath the first poem's for you -- I hope you take it well http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=75452.0

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2011, 08:50:09 am »

I'm voting vadia if only because the limericks are annoying.
Also I have nothing on anyone else so far.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2011, 09:40:38 am »

Unvote Nirur.

Taco Dan, that is very blatant bandwagoning.  Do you have a real reason to vote him, or do you just want to lynch the first possibility that shows up?

Vadia:  Don't give up just because you got a few votes.  It's early in the day still- plenty of time for you to redeem yourself.  All giving up does is hurt the team you're on.  Come up with a post with either an insightful observation or clever questions, and you'll find suspicion melting away.  The best way to help the town is to hunt scum.

Jim:  I suppose that's true.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2011, 09:52:10 am »

Taco Dan, why are you bandwagoning?
Jim,
If the scum apprentices assisted randomly, and you end up with a situation where they were the only one to assist a particular school, and then somebody else claims to have assisted it, they've just found a town sorcerer. It would have to be a pretty damn good reason, like the promise of extremely useful information.
How would someone claiming to assist a school reveal the sorcerer's aligment? Elaborate please.

...you are saying here that you'd kill him even if he were your scumbuddy. That's... weird. If you were town with a daykill, would you use it on him at your first opportunity? If you were scum would you like him as scumbuddy, or would you truly try to kill him? (I don't think that's even allowed!)
Er, I meant I would kill him if he's town and attack him at day if he's scum. When I was rhyming my failoetry, some of the meaning got... lost from it.
To find how your mind is aligned
all these questions are surely designed.
         If as scum you emerge,
         the cancer we'll purge,
the path is inclined to be mined.
Isn't meta knowledge sufficient for you? And do the latter three rows have any meaning beyond making the limerick rhyme?

Now seriously, what are you intending to get from my answer? What would be your reaction if Jim is indeed NKed/not NKed?

vadia, are you seriously forfeiting the game or is that just playing on WIFOM?
PPE: ninja'd about Taco Dan.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:10 am »

Interesting ... What's your overall strategy for finding scum?

In. Let's have another limericky game, I say. Haikus are boring.

btw nirur this was for our game so either you didn't pay attention -- a problem -- or you misdirect.

nirur said there should be no expectation for zath to make limerics.  But Page 1 Zath was gung ho for limerics.  Is Nirur unobservant/bad memory?  or scum?  [probably the first but thats bad too.
I admit to not having paid much attention to the sign-up posts. Your reference to it was rather vague, would have benefited from a quote.

Nirur:  Noted.  How do you pronounce your name?
Nir-ur. Except that ner-er sounds strange, so I tend to subvocalize it as ner-ear tore-ear, for the ... something. (Name came from the DF raws, "Unseen Void," as I expected to be a heavy lurker when I created the account.)

An off rhyme, I know.  I'm sorry that vadia the not fond of mafia player distracted y'all
Voting yourself solves absolutely nothing other then hurting your own team. (Or WIFOM, which frequently gets you lynched.) If you truly don't want to play anymore, then ask for a replace.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2011, 11:23:14 am »

Sorry for not posting last night, things got busy.  And now this is pretty much the only free time I'll have today.  So I'll do what I can.

Firstly, unvote.  I don't think vadia is scum, and here is my reasoning:
What's getting vadia in trouble is his big mouth, mentioning every plan he comes up with, however crazy.  I don't think scum would do that.  They would be more cautious.  Not to mention his scumbuddies would try to coach him, and so he would improve.  This has not happened.
He has also done the vote myself because I'm such a failure thing, which I have never once seen a scum do, however much it may seem scummy.
These make me conclude that he is town, even though he looks scummy.  I have seen games go through this process with new people all the time, and they almost never are scum.  So yeah, not going to vote him.

Now, Nirur, how did your last post help you find scum?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2011, 11:59:50 am »

Now, Nirur, how did your last post help you find scum?
Taco Dan's bandwagon with no question makes me suspicious, as it looks to me like an intend-to-lynch-vote, with the day less then half over. I intend to either make him scum hunt, or figure out why he's not looking for scum.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2011, 12:32:25 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:48:17 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2011, 03:40:05 pm »

Voting yourself solves absolutely nothing other then hurting your own team. (Or WIFOM, which frequently gets you lynched.) If you truly don't want to play anymore, then ask for a replace.

I'm going to echo this, because it's very true.

vadia, since you've voted yourself, I'm going to vote you as a matter of policy. If you want to be lynched, then I am going to do everything I can to get there. If you don't want to play, ask for a replacement. Until then, go hang.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2011, 04:18:54 pm »

Unvote. Taco Dan, you were a little eager to jump on that bandwagon there. Why aren't you asking any questions? At least offer a reason if you're bandwagoning.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2011, 04:26:18 pm »

Unvote. Taco Dan, you were a little eager to jump on that bandwagon there. Why aren't you asking any questions? At least offer a reason if you're bandwagoning.

I'm going to use this post of yours.

Now change Taco Dan to NativeForeigner.

Continue.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2011, 05:32:33 pm »

I'm going to use this post of yours.

Now change Taco Dan to NativeForeigner.

Continue.

In reference to the Vadia bandwagon, I was never a part of it. Regarding what's turning into the Taco Dan bandwagon and responding to your pirated post, I am asking questions and I offered my reason. Now do you have anything original to ask me?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2011, 05:35:29 pm »

Also, you should red my name if you're voting me, I can't really tell if you are or not.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2011, 09:17:23 pm »

Not voting you.

You didn't give anything original. Toaster pointed out the blatant bandwagoning, and asked for his reasoning. You...did basically the same thing.

What makes you suspicious of Taco Dan? Is it simply the bandwagoning? If so, do you feel that that's a good enough reason to vote for someone during the first half of D1?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37