Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90511 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 1: Revenge of the Limerick
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2011, 08:02:59 pm »

Okay...wait. What?

You voted me, then someone else (without unvoting, but that's a technical mistake and not necessarily a scummy one). But beyond that, your strategy seems sort of weak. You thought you would "soft-ball" me? In this game, there is no soft-ball. There is hard-ball, and there is harder-ball. Don't make that mistake.

Expand on your reasons for voting Nirur, please.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2011, 08:36:41 pm »

Stupid idea, but I'm brainstorming; we all reveal our roles.  then we vote for benevolent spell levels only. 
side positive; If we quote our pms then we could figure out a scum who miswords the quote.  [don't know if this is a no-no.)
non-negative:  I'm 100% positive that if the scum are any good they know 1 sorcerer.

Absolutely not. Day 1 RVS is not the time for a mass role claim.

Besides, those benevolent looking spells might belong to the scum team.

You're ticking on my scummeter something fierce but I'm wondering if I have a false positive because you're new.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2011, 08:43:24 pm »

I thought if I soft-balled the first question somebody might make a mistake; thinking I'm a lighter lightweight than I actually am.

Like Jim, I'm going to switch my vote a bit in order to try to shake things up.  My first vote was because I rolled a 3.  After that I'm not going to change a vote until an answer has been given.  So I don't need a firm reason to vote someone.  I feel odd about his attack on Z.  So deal.

Though now that I think about it.

Jokerman am I insane,
but are you playing this game
you're on the fence
then on defense.
Then more and more of the same.

I've seen a couple of times in previous Sorcerers that people didn't say unvote, so I thought it was a matter of preference. 

Your only questions are towards me.  In about 10 hours of play. 

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2011, 08:44:36 pm »

Stupid idea, but I'm brainstorming; we all reveal our roles.  then we vote for benevolent spell levels only. 
side positive; If we quote our pms then we could figure out a scum who miswords the quote.  [don't know if this is a no-no.)
non-negative:  I'm 100% positive that if the scum are any good they know 1 sorcerer.

Absolutely not. Day 1 RVS is not the time for a mass role claim.

Besides, those benevolent looking spells might belong to the scum team.

You're ticking on my scummeter something fierce but I'm wondering if I have a false positive because you're new.

I said it was a stupid idea, but I can't for the life of me see why.  If you don't want to explain it here you could note me [just make sure that twoface is bcced]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2011, 08:45:53 pm »

I'm suspicious of nirur for his question about Zathras's limerics in that he limiriced through sorcerer 1 and even here mentioned it.
I said I haven't read it. Did you not read my response, or are you unsubtly trying to get me to remove my vote? Perhaps Zathras is your scumbuddy?

So nirur how would you mislead me to act against my fellow townies?
Be careful with your wording. Too much saying that you're one of the townies is suspicious.

To answer your question: Were I a scum trying to mislead you into helping with lynches of townies, I'd be looking for scummy behaviors, then attacking people for them until enough of the town was sufficiently convinced in them being scum for a lynch. Basically, scum hunting, but looking for scummy townies instead of scummy possible-scum.

This plan is stupid; I know,
So Y'all will tell me so
I cannot scry
the reason why:
but our roles we could show.

Aside from the standard no PM quoting, there are at least two big problems with that:
1) The scum apprentices would just claim to be townie apprentices. At least in Sorcerer's Apprentice 2, the scum spells weren't obviousscum spells like "Dark Tidings of Ultimate Painful Death by Bad Poetry: Pick a townie. He dies after six excruciating hours."
2) The scum would know the identities of all sorcerers and their powers. This ... would be a major advantage for the scum, but the benefit to the town would be questionable.

Basically, the town would get a minimal benefit, at best, relative to the major benefit to the scum. This is why mass roleclaiming early is usually a bad idea.

I thought if I soft-balled the first question somebody might make a mistake; thinking I'm a lighter lightweight than I actually am.
Don't do that. There's no pressure on a vote if the defender thinks you're weak.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2011, 08:57:36 pm »

So nirur how would you mislead me to act against my fellow townies?
Be careful with your wording. Too much saying that you're one of the townies is suspicious.
Good point, I guess you're right.

Don't do that. There's no pressure on a vote if the defender thinks you're weak.
[/quote]

I hadn't thought of that.
unvote

Attempt at hardball question coming up when I reread stuff.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2011, 08:59:00 pm »

I said it was a stupid idea, but I can't for the life of me see why.  If you don't want to explain it here you could note me [just make sure that twoface is bcced]

Why would I want to PM you with the explanation?

It's mostly what Nirur Torir said, although the benefit to the town (being able to organize themselves perfectly) would be more advantageous than he indicates, it's still not worth it, since the scum can just work around the town's plan rather easily.

Like Jim,

Don't use me as an excuse and a justification for whatever you're doing. I don't like it and it makes me suspicious that you tried.

So deal.

*sniff*

You sound like Zathras. Is he coaching you? Seems like it to me. This is something I feel like he'd say.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2011, 09:04:06 pm »

Here's looking at taco dan
Is quiet your scummy plan
Your post was weak
[Though] who am I to speak
Are you truly a scum hit man?

How are you going to improve yourself having read the advice the others gave me?  Why are you so quiet?

Tune in next day same bat time same bat channel!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2011, 09:05:00 pm »

Unvote KaminaSquirtle.

vadia. Dropping too many scum vibes in too short a time.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2011, 09:10:42 pm »

Why would I want to PM you with the explanation?

It's mostly what Nirur Torir said, although the benefit to the town (being able to organize themselves perfectly) would be more advantageous than he indicates, it's still not worth it, since the scum can just work around the town's plan rather easily.

It was an idea -- mostly brainstorming aloud, but if we have no plan the scum wins.
Like Jim,

Don't use me as an excuse and a justification for whatever you're doing. I don't like it and it makes me suspicious that you tried.

[/quote] Like how I misunderstand how Jim works from Sorcerer 1 &2

So deal.

*sniff*

You sound like Zathras. Is he coaching you? Seems like it to me. This is something I feel like he'd say.
[/quote]

I liked his style other than tunneling from 1

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 09:13:15 pm »

I meant

[/unquote]
Like how I muisunderstood how Jim works from Sorcerer 1 and 2

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 09:18:38 pm »

*sniff*

I liked his style other than tunneling from 1

Hmmm.

This is still fishy.

It was an idea -- mostly brainstorming aloud, but if we have no plan the scum wins.

This isn't even true. Stupid Fucking Goddamned Plans are supposed to help, but not having one isn't going to make the town insta-lose.

Why are you pushing a plan?

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2011, 09:23:22 pm »

One sorcerer outed him/herself.  Then first day = almost certainly a townie/no lynch.
three votes for a instakill (very possible as it was for the first game)
three losses by tomorrow.

5 town 3 scum

That is my math.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2011, 09:28:35 pm »

Or it could be 6 town with 3 scum who can kill 2 people on round 2.

By then we're down a sorcerer.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2011, 09:35:04 pm »

Like Jim, I'm going to switch my vote a bit in order to try to shake things up.  My first vote was because I rolled a 3.  After that I'm not going to change a vote until an answer has been given.  So I don't need a firm reason to vote someone.  I feel odd about his attack on Z.  So deal.

Though now that I think about it.

Jokerman am I insane,
but are you playing this game
you're on the fence
then on defense.
Then more and more of the same.

I've seen a couple of times in previous Sorcerers that people didn't say unvote, so I thought it was a matter of preference. 

Your only questions are towards me.  In about 10 hours of play.

Wait, is this supposed to be an accusation? I sort of lost track when my eyes glazed over from reading it.

Seriously though; I've posted two or three times, and yes, they're all directed at you. Want to know why? Because you RV'd me, and aside from the fact that I hate the RVS, that gave me a reason to respond to you. Then you replied, and I found a problem in it. Would you prefer if I didn't acknowledge your mistakes?

I'd also like to ask that you don't assume I'm only looking at you because you're the only one I've addressed. That's a foolish mistake and you have no idea what else I'm looking at on my end, now do you.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37