Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90628 times)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 5: Jimicide
« Reply #510 on: February 10, 2011, 11:12:13 pm »

Irony's counter is pretty strong I'll novote unless I hear something -- (my sauce took much longer than I expected to cook)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 10, 2011, 11:51:24 pm »

Cancel shorten and Extend.  I'm not losing to an utterly scummy 11th hour vote change.  Vadia, if you don't want scum to win, you better vote Irony and/or extend.

Full post coming- need this first.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #512 on: February 10, 2011, 11:54:26 pm »

Day Ends: ~10 minutes
10 Feb 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST

Notes
There are no remaining Sorcerers.
On a tie, No Lynch will occur.
Extension 2/3: IronyOwl, Toaster

Toaster (2) - IronyOwl, Jokerman-EXE
IronyOwl (1) - Toaster
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
vadia (0) -

Not Voting (0) -
No Lynch (1) - vadia

Let me know if I missed anything.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 11, 2011, 12:00:03 am »

D1 Irony completely ignored Dariush and Nirur.  Irony and Nirur spent much of the day on vadia- presumably to force through a mislynch on a newbie.  Nirur switches to Dariush after I catch him on a slip, and Irony moves his vote to Taco Dan when the vadia wagon loses steam- note his weak vote reasoning. 
This is a lie. At the time, vadia had one more vote than Taco Dan- in fact, you pointed this very fact out in those scum notes you dumped. Which is funny, because you found that scummy also.

Yes, but people were swinging to Taco Dan, hence my comment.

D2 Irony questions Dariush early on, but doesn't vote him.  He then moves back on to vadia.  He votes Dariush only after his fakeclaim, same as Nirur.  Nirur finally posts his read, where he gives a generic read on Irony.  (Yes, I'm aware that he gives the same read on me- see later.)  Irony gets through D2 without mentioning Nirur once.
Near as I can tell, most of the people on Dariush were pissed at him, rather than absolutely convinced he was scum. If you've got any specific scumslips of his that I refused to acknowledge, please link them; otherwise, you're just trying to incriminate me with something that was only obvious after the fact.

You're also cherry-picking my lack of interaction with Nirur- I don't remember any questions to or from you that day either.

Finally, you seem to be implying that Nirur's voting Dariush only after his fakeclaim incriminates me because I did it too. Not only was Nirur on him earlier, it was for the same reason as you- this doesn't seem to indicate scum was hell-bent on not bussing him, nor does it explain how I'm scummier in that regard than you are.

Yes, this one here I called him on early.

You mean to him or to you?  To you would be irrelevant- to him wrong- see me and him during RV.

The trick on Nirur voting Dariush is that he didn't renew it D2- he went soft on him at the start of D2.

D3 Nirur finally addresses Irony directly with a generic "give me your scumpicks" question, after declaring us both "too townie."  I think this was done without force on either of us (he backs off me quickly) so as to create a bit of distancing.  Irony comes back with a neutral read on Nirur, for his first comment on Nirur of the game.  Nirur's attack on Irony (remember, he gave the same reason for me) has vasnished, replaced by attacking me for garbage reasoning.  Irony never comments on Nirur's "too townie" attack on him.
Once again, you fail to explain how Nirur using the same attack on both of us is a distancing move for me and not you, especially since he also then abandoned the attack he replaced it with.

The difference is I called him on it and you ignored it.

D4 rolls around, and it's a bit before Irony's first question to Nirur of the game.  It's the same generic "what's your read on everyone?"  Nirur responds with his reasons that he's leaving Irony alone.  There was a quick exchange between them in the next two posts, then silence.  Irony then mostly ignores this discussion until I directly question him on it.  He gives a non-answer.  Jim tries to get more out of him, but it's like pulling teeth.
"This discussion" was completely unrelated to that; you're not outright lying, but you're obviously trying to deceive. You're correct that I wasn't paying nearly as much attention as I should have; by that point, I was pretty sure I already knew who the scumteam was. It wasn't until rereading that I realized there was an issue, however, which I proceeded to ask about.

On D5, Irony is in defeatist mode.
I'd been critically wrong about everything and looked like scum to boot; I'm not sure how being as confident as ever would have been a towntell.

It's fine if you've been wrong- shit happens.  The problem is you didn't even try to do any scum hunting until this post happened- an easy way for you to reverse things.

So, yeah. You're trying to pick out specific examples to suit your purposes, even when you have to lie to make them work. And even if you weren't, "he wasn't going after the right people" is not what I would call shorten-at-lylo reasoning.

I didn't bring up that reasoning D4 because I hadn't seen Nirur's flip.  I was damn sure, but it wasn't 100% until I saw his flip.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 11, 2011, 12:01:16 am »

Anyway, since vadia unvoted like a fool, you've successfully suckered your way into a scum win unless Joker or Vadia come in with a vote on you or an extend.  Sucks to lose to a sucker punch like that, but I'm not surprised.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!
« Reply #515 on: February 11, 2011, 12:02:01 am »

>>> End of Day 5 <<<

And down until the 11th hour
When the scum revealed their greatest power
Control heart and mind
To truth, go blind
Kill Toaster and before the Owl cower

Toaster has been lynched!
Toaster was an Innocent Apprentice.

DARK SORCERERS WIN!

Toaster (2) - IronyOwl, Jokerman-EXE
IronyOwl (1) - Toaster
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
vadia (0) -

Not Voting (0) -
No Lynch (1) - vadia

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #516 on: February 11, 2011, 12:02:18 am »

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Assists (click to show/hide)

Dead Chat
Dark Magi Chat
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:06:22 am by JanusTwoface »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 11, 2011, 12:03:35 am »

[rage]Well done on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, Joker and vadia.[/rage]

Well done Irony- I saw it coming, but there wasn't a thing I can do about it.  Who would you have killed if the game had gone to night?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #518 on: February 11, 2011, 12:05:31 am »

Part of me wanted to wait to see if someone would show and Extend the, but I've lost as scum before for exactly that reason (the day didn't end on time), so I wouldn't have felt right about it.

It was definitely an interesting game between loosing all of the Sorcerers by Day 3 and last minute vote changes having such a large effect the last two days.

Thoughts?

[rage]Well done on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, Joker and vadia.[/rage]
Well deserved rage. So it goes though. Jokerman-EXE had half a good point in that you are hard to read. On the other hand, relying on a gut feeling at MYLO/LYLO tends to be a bad idea.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 11, 2011, 12:06:36 am »

You fucking pieces of shit.

Not you, Toaster. You did fine.

You had the fucking game in hand.

WHY

WHY

Goodness grief.

I'm not really all that angry. But come on!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 11, 2011, 12:12:07 am »

Yeah dudes, come on! It was clearly laid out for you, and you messed it up at the last minute. Booos on vadia and Jokerman.

But a very fun game nonetheless. Though I was feeling very hurt N1 when no one of you BASTARDS supported Fire... and then I was night killed. By spiders. I hate spiders.

Oh well. Such is life. Good show, scum. I thought you were hosed for sure, but you pulled it off with the help of Jokerman.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 11, 2011, 12:36:38 am »

IronyOwl     79
02-04-2011 05:44 PM ET (US)

Leaning towards Toaster. He's fairly adamant about NKs being WIFOM incarnate, so I don't think he'd be especially swayed by vadia vanishing. vadia, on the other hand, seems strangely pro-us for some reason; it wouldn't be terribly hard to convince him of something, I think.

And that's why!

At least I was right about Nirur D1- he was getting in on the ground floor of a Dariush bus- something I've done before as scum (Super 2).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 11, 2011, 12:39:24 am »

Part of me wanted to wait to see if someone would show and Extend the, but I've lost as scum before for exactly that reason (the day didn't end on time), so I wouldn't have felt right about it.

It was definitely an interesting game between loosing all of the Sorcerers by Day 3 and last minute vote changes having such a large effect the last two days.

Thoughts?

I had the same issue in Beginner's XVII- the scum won because no town was around at day end to vote them.  You have to be impartial- follow the rules you set down.

That said, needing three out of four people for an extension seems excessive- that's why I go with 33% in my games.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 11, 2011, 01:01:24 am »

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Can't believe I actually wriggled out of that. Bussing scumbuddies remains my critical weakness for some reason, but this is a good example of why you should never give up, ever, for any reason.

I do feel bad whenever someone gets punished for not taking the obvious, simple answer though, so my condolences to Jokerman. Did the NK help with your decision?

Who would you have killed if the game had gone to night?
Jokerman. "Yeah, it's clearly Toaster. Think carefully because it's lylo, vadia."

Also vadia, you said way earlier that you wanted to know why scum had chosen Zathras for the N1 kill. The answer is simple- he's a very good player, so we wanted him gone.

Very interesting playing a sorcerer's apprentice game with so few sorcerers: Zathras N1, Dariush D2, NF N2, and Kamina never did anything.

Even though it didn't work, I'm still very proud of my attack on Jim for obviously having the Dariush thing set up. Sure, I could have just poked away at a lurker or something, but this took style.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 11, 2011, 01:08:51 am »

Quote from: Dariush in Dead Chat
What the hell, seriously. Nobody believed me just because I don't know the meta for the spells' power... :( That's simply unfair.
Must... not... strangle... own dark master....
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37