Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90620 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 5: Jimicide
« Reply #480 on: February 08, 2011, 01:53:57 pm »

Damned if I know, but I'll give him a chance.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #481 on: February 08, 2011, 10:49:49 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:17:48 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 08, 2011, 10:50:31 pm »

irony you'd better do some 'splainin'

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 08, 2011, 11:17:27 pm »

irony you'd better do some 'splainin'

I was certain Jim was scum because I just couldn't accept that scum, even Dariush, would do something like that on accident; and because afterwards, he was outright offended that he might not be confirmed town. You can read the discussion we had; as far as I could tell, I explained fairly clearly why he was spouting bullshit as an OMGUS.

Nirur I have less of an excuse on. The very first thing Jim, who I've explained, and Jokerman, who'd been the overly defensive, question-dodging contact the night NF was killed, did when the assist thing came up was to PM each other over it. Their buddying really never ended from there. Then Jokerman stuck his neck out- something that didn't make sense unless he had a backup plan- and it really looked like they were just going to both claim whichever way they needed to to get past MILO. Consequently, Nirur's lurking and assist discrepencies didn't seem important.

So, I relied too much on WIFOM, but otherwise Jim was acting scummy. I got tunnel vision based on that, and ignored something I really shouldn't have.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 08, 2011, 11:20:55 pm »

You would have been more believeable if you had actually accused someone of being scum in your post.

Shorten.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 08, 2011, 11:26:32 pm »

I'm 0 for 2, you'll pardon my hesitance.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 08, 2011, 11:29:55 pm »

shorten

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 08, 2011, 11:31:22 pm »

Oppose shorten.

I'm at least hearing Jokerman's explanation.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 08, 2011, 11:32:44 pm »

You would have been more believeable if you had actually accused someone of being scum in your post.

Shorten.

There are no (reasonable) choices but irony or jokerman because nirur had to have somebody help him with his faked water claim.  If Irony can't see that then either we'd be doomed anyway or (more likely) he's fakin' and doesn't want to look like OMGUS.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 08, 2011, 11:34:40 pm »

There are no (reasonable) choices but irony or jokerman because nirur had to have somebody help him with his faked water claim.  If Irony can't see that then either we'd be doomed anyway or (more likely) he's fakin' and doesn't want to look like OMGUS.
Actually, technically he could have assumed it from NF's ability on death; sorcerers get the same ability as an assisting apprentice.

I still don't think it is you or Toaster, but it's less impossible than we thought.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 08, 2011, 11:36:26 pm »

Actually, technically he could have assumed it from NF's ability on death; sorcerers get the same ability as an assisting apprentice.

I still don't think it is you or Toaster, but it's less impossible than we thought.

I didn't know that.  But I'm clearly innocent because I cast the deciding (unneccesary vote) vs. nirur.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 08, 2011, 11:38:27 pm »

Vadia, if I didn't think you were town, I'd vote the crap out of you for saying that.  You certainly could have bussed him to look that townie- a tie would not have been an instant scum win.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 08, 2011, 11:39:25 pm »

'twould have been pointless for the reason that we're all looking at irony also.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 08, 2011, 11:40:58 pm »

also at lylo one could do the cheap shot of changing one's vote at the last moment to tie/win and game over.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 08, 2011, 11:49:35 pm »

Well, I think IronyOwl is the obvious choice now.
I still want to hear what you would have done if you'd been called on your lie, why NF's death doesn't implicate you as the contact, why you were so defensive about it, and why scum would have cared.

What lie? His death doesn't implicate me because I already explained what happened, and if you don't believe me then damn, that must suck, huh? I wasn't defensive, I was trying to see who I could bait with that knowledge. Aaaaand why would scum care which town was confirming each other? Really? Derp.

Shorten.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37