Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90489 times)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: Zathras has no manner of luck
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »

Irony why'd you switch your vote from me (towards end) to Taco dan?  Isn't that kinda like double bandwaggoning?
It could be considered vote-hopping from one bandwagon to another, but that would require I join one or both for no/flimsy reasons. Perhaps you shouldn't constantly reference scumtells if you don't know what makes them scummy.

In any case, something you pointed out struck me as clever townie thought more than scum thought, so I began to rethink whether you were scum. Suffice to say you're far from out of the woods, however.

sure I am, the sorceres prolly all scryed me ;P

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2011, 10:31:07 pm »

Jim: Vadia was still on my radar as possible scum, and I also was having trouble being comfortable with Dariush's use of meta. I hadn't yet decided which I wanted to vote for, and then I was gone all day. Sort of like today.

PFP
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2011, 10:32:17 pm »

sure I am, the sorceres prolly all scryed me ;P
PLEASE tell me you don't think a sorcerer would claim to deliver a verdict on you either way?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »

Perhaps you shouldn't constantly reference scumtells if you don't know what makes them scummy.

Just because you have ostensibly a reason doesn't mean it couldn't be scummy.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2011, 10:35:25 pm »

[STUPID JOKE]sure I am, the sorceres prolly all scryed me ;P
[/STUPID JOKE]
PLEASE tell me you don't think a sorcerer would claim to deliver a verdict on you either way?

fixes

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2011, 10:38:02 pm »

Oh, did I say Moyl?  I meant MLoyl.

(maybe Lynch or you lose)

Assuming that 1 town vote goes to scum and scum has instakill. 

Which I do assume.

So this is (I assume) our last day,

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2011, 10:43:40 pm »

Could somebody (MOD?) let me know if the vote count is chronological so that I can ask about bandwagoning for me and Taco?
Vote counts list voters alphabetically. Those voted for are listed by descending number of votes with ties also broken alphabetically.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2011, 10:49:25 pm »

Squirtle why'd you bother voting a 5th time on TD?  He was as good as lynched, wouldn't a newer vote bring mopre reactions?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2011, 10:50:20 pm »

Perhaps you shouldn't constantly reference scumtells if you don't know what makes them scummy.

vadia. I'm beginning to suspect you don't have to be this spastic, but find it convenient.

So, which is it? Are you calling it a double bandwagon, or asking if it was one? If it's the former, please explain; if it's the latter, please explain how "it could be scummy even if you have a reason" means anything at all.

Ninja'd:

This is more of that spastic strangeness. Are you trying to say that if one townie votes the wrong way the scum can hammer the target, or is "1 town vote goes to scum" your way of saying "if we lynch a townie?" If it's the former, no. If it's the latter, you can't honestly tell me you have to be this hard to understand. Why are you intentionally being incoherent?

No and not quite. Unless scum get a second NK, lylo is tomorrow- today a mislynch leaves 3 scum out of 7 town. Secondly, this game doesn't end when scum equals town, but when town can no longer win; so even if we do pass lylo, assuming a sorcerer is still alive it's likely we have a chance.

More to the point, though, why is any of this relevant? You've been going on and on about how today is lylo and scum have three NKs and we'll lose a sorcerer, but it's never really been tied into anything. You don't seem to have been encouraging scumhunting or trying to remind everyone to be careful, so what is it? Why keep bringing it up out of nowhere?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2011, 10:57:11 pm »

vadia. I'm beginning to suspect you don't have to be this spastic, but find it convenient.

So, which is it? Are you calling it a double bandwagon, or asking if it was one? If it's the former, please explain; if it's the latter, please explain how "it could be scummy even if you have a reason" means anything at all.

Ninja'd:

This is more of that spastic strangeness. Are you trying to say that if one townie votes the wrong way the scum can hammer the target, or is "1 town vote goes to scum" your way of saying "if we lynch a townie?" If it's the former, no. If it's the latter, you can't honestly tell me you have to be this hard to understand. Why are you intentionally being incoherent?

No and not quite. Unless scum get a second NK, lylo is tomorrow- today a mislynch leaves 3 scum out of 7 town. Secondly, this game doesn't end when scum equals town, but when town can no longer win; so even if we do pass lylo, assuming a sorcerer is still alive it's likely we have a chance.

More to the point, though, why is any of this relevant? You've been going on and on about how today is lylo and scum have three NKs and we'll lose a sorcerer, but it's never really been tied into anything. You don't seem to have been encouraging scumhunting or trying to remind everyone to be careful, so what is it? Why keep bringing it up out of nowhere?
I'm more pointing out to others that it looks a bit suspicious to me -- should we investigate more?

I meant that votes for house spells.  if 3 (a reasonable number for it) gives a N/k then it's a done deal with one town vote for that house.

Trying to figure out which house to vote so we don't lose.  but to be careful ain't bad.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2011, 11:32:53 pm »

Irony why'd you switch your vote from me (towards end) to Taco dan?  Isn't that kinda like double bandwaggoning?

unvote Dariush (as a placeholder for Jim until his vote works  I'm not voting yet because I don't know.)

I would vote the crap out of you for this, but I obviously can't. I can manage without a useful vote because I can scumhunt without one.

So why are you piggybacking onto the way I intend to vote? So that you can avoid making one yourself?

Here: I really want to vote you. How about you be a doll and vote yourself? Would you do that for meeee? I mean it really shouldn't be too much trouble since you did it yesterday.

Jim: Vadia was still on my radar as possible scum, and I also was having trouble being comfortable with Dariush's use of meta. I hadn't yet decided which I wanted to vote for, and then I was gone all day. Sort of like today.

PFP

Bah.

So, who do you want to vote today?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2011, 12:28:29 am »

unvote Dariush (as a placeholder for Jim until his vote works  I'm not voting yet because I don't know.)

I would vote the crap out of you for this, but I obviously can't. I can manage without a useful vote because I can scumhunt without one.

So why are you piggybacking onto the way I intend to vote? So that you can avoid making one yourself?

Here: I really want to vote you. How about you be a doll and vote yourself? Would you do that for meeee? I mean it really shouldn't be too much trouble since you did it yesterday.

PFP

Bah.

So, who do you want to vote today?

Oh, wait -- I just realized; it's a spell -- I thought it was an error through the system (like Z's program was not working)unvote

That's scummy but if it's random, just have Twoface count it a bunch and eventually you'd get your vote back, no?
If it's via control see when the change happens and you've got the scum, no?

This may tell us which school it came from -- it feels like a 2nd level and the effect seems like air or water also -- so I think earth sounds safe to vote for.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2011, 02:56:19 am »

Boy, you know all about it, don't you? It's almost like you did it yourself.

That's scummy but if it's random, just have Twoface count it a bunch and eventually you'd get your vote back, no?
If it's via control see when the change happens and you've got the scum, no?

There's no guarantee it just doesn't randomly change between votecounts to mock me. And I don't intend to put JTF through that kind of work just to get my vote where I want it.

And it's not by control. It would be a bit more constant than what it is if it were.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2011, 04:19:49 am »

Jim: ...shit, still vadia and Dariush. There's really nothing I can gather from the NightKill, and their D1 play was unsatisfactory. I'd need to see more out of Dariush before I reach a decision.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2011, 05:22:46 am »

Jim: ...shit, still vadia and Dariush. There's really nothing I can gather from the NightKill, and their D1 play was unsatisfactory. I'd need to see more out of Dariush before I reach a decision.
And you feel your own D1 play was? Which questions are you waiting on Dariush to answer, since you haven't asked any of your own?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37