Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Ronin's Lets Play [X-COM: UFO Defense]  (Read 3987 times)

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
Re: A Ronin's Lets Play [X-COM: UFO Defense]
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 01:49:46 am »

Callsign: Able1
Equipment: laser or plasma pistol, grenades, and a stun rod.
Male

Bio: Goals are to keep these lunatic assholes from blowing up every piece of important technology that R&D wants to research. Why they formed the elite fighting force against an unknown menace with superior technology that we desperately need to understand chiefly from pyromaniacs, I will never know.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 02:38:58 am »

I warned all of you regarding my tactical incompetence! I'm going to ask that you please draw as many people as you can to sign up to this thread as best you can because without fresh soldiers for the meat-grinder I will pretty much kill all of us off in less than half a dozen missions...

First update imminent.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 04:51:16 am »

FIRST UPDATE: THE BEGINNING

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:51:31 am by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 08:10:46 am »

Call Sign: Doc
Bio: Once a civlian member of a military research team, Doc was nearly discharged for using an unauthorized experimental weapon in a combat situation while on tour in the middle east. Rather than fire him however they gave him a choice, either pack his bags and face a lifetime in a secret prison, or blindly sign up for a ultra-classified mission where there was a good chance he'd get more chances to use state-of-the-art weaponry on moving targets. He spends his off-hours in the labs.

Weapon Preferences: The Most Advanced weapons he can get his hands on (Standard>Laser>Plasma>Small Launchers>Blaster Bombs). If given a choice he will take a Laser Pistol and Medi-kit along with his primary. Grenades are optional, but recommended.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 01:29:21 pm »

I lol'd at the summary of my char. The ironic thing? I'm the fastest dude on the team, and I got the strength to carry all my nades. Also, damn Fluffy came out with fuckin' nice aim.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 01:39:22 pm »

Wow, only two soldiers with good firearms abilities and a few mediocre. And a lot under 50, which just sucks. Make good use of grenades, I guess.

Fluffy has the makings of an awesome support sniper, and IT would make a good covering sniper (great reactions and good aim will let him shoot aliens that wander into range reliably).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 04:26:01 pm »

Second Update: Baptism of Fire

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:50:54 am by The13thRonin »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 04:54:08 pm »

There should be a medal for that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 05:04:43 pm »

Somehow I knew that Digger was going to die. Now when you say one operative per person, does that mean we can't send in a new guy when ours dies?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 05:12:00 pm »

Somehow I knew that Digger was going to die. Now when you say one operative per person, does that mean we can't send in a new guy when ours dies?

I think I'm going to remove that rule because at the rate I kill soldiers we'll have none after four or so missions and the other Lets Plays allow it so haha why not!

So yeah, if you'd like you can make a new soldier... Anyone who dies can make a totally new soldier from now on. Including the other guy who died twice :\.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 05:34:15 pm »

Call sign: Aniki
Equipment Preference: Precision weapons, preferably rifles and its more advanced forms.
Bio: A friend of deceased X-COM operative Digger, Aniki grew up on the other side of the rural town he grew up in. One of seven brothers, Aniki, known by his real name Beck to his friends, was the only one to join the military. The two were extremely close, and after the death of Digger's family Aniki remained the only one within his will. Within said will was a code that Aniki de-coded with his brothers, revealing the existence of X-COM. Aniki demanded a transfer to it to honor his dead friend.
Sex: Male
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 05:40:51 pm »

Oh... FUCK YEAH! NADE MAN FTW!

But Mississippi gets an achievement for managing to die twice. As a reference, you should always set it for a 1 turn duration if not longer, and always throw it, don't plant it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 05:55:33 pm »

So, uh, did the English Police Constable do anything?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 06:16:45 pm »

You helped me sweep the Southern fields. We didn't see much action... Apart from that you did a good job at holding the perimeter though!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 06:23:01 pm »

You helped me sweep the Southern fields. We didn't see much action... Apart from that you did a good job at holding the perimeter though!
Bah, Police Constable Briar had better action in London. Wait, I AM Briar. Oh well. At least I have the most bravery now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3