Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: American Congresswoman Shot ; 11 others shot, 6 killed, RIP  (Read 23659 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: American Congresswoman Shot ; 11 others shot, 6 killed, RIP
« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2011, 08:00:58 am »

I can only imagine what that protest is going to look like. The thing is, the WBC has been shrinking; the ratio is something like 5 protestors to thousands of counter-protestors, depending on venue. Fred can't have more than a handful of followers left.

It went from being about one-for-one, to a couple dead-eyed people behind a wall of mourners, thanks to the Patriot Guard Riders.  Because it's hard to scream "God kills soldiers because God hates fags" over the din of a few dozen Harleys, and it's hard to get your sign to the fence through a wall of pissed off VFA bikers.

Since none of Loughner's victims were actually soldiers, it's unlikely the Patriot Guard would make themselves involved, since they only attend by invitation.  But since they were founded specifically to ruin Phelp's party, I'd expect to hear something from them.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2011, 08:43:08 am »

No one else is thunderstruck that there is actually a crazy grammarian movement who actually agree with this guy's rhetoric over grammar?
I mean did you look at this guys claim for royalty? Or his view on the constitution?
This guys make the tea party look sane.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2011, 08:49:02 am »

Phmcw, he makes you look sane. Because he's insane. That's how it works.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2011, 10:04:22 am »

Yes, but the tea party is already insane, they just out-insaned them.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2011, 11:06:22 am »

Then you obviously dont know a damned thing about the tea party, instead believing just what you were told by its adversaries.

And by the way, its the other side that is most violent in its rhetoric and actions: (i know you wont like who the link is to, but the facts listed are irrefutable, because they are just facts, not commentary)

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/10/the-progressive-climate-of-hate-an-illustrated-primer-2000-2010/
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2011, 11:27:16 am »

So people are using this as a way to get political power or whatever. Let me show them a thing or two.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2011, 11:37:01 am »

So... mostly legitimate acts of protest by isolated people, a few promotional posters of George Bush pointing a gun at his own head, and some admittedly tasteless attacks on conservatives by random members of the public?  I mean, the grasping at straws in that article is incredible is incredible.

In May 2005, police arrested Ajai Raj and charged him with disorderly conduct after he asked a vulgar question and made lewd hand gestures after a speech by conservative author Ann Coulter at the University of Texas at Austin. Read the arrest report here. (Credit: The Smoking Gun.)
Oh my god.  A man swore and stuck his middle finger up at Ann Coulter!  Terrorist!

Police arrested Corey Robert Cooke of Ellicott City, Md., in September 2004 and charged him with malicious destruction of property after he allegedly used a power tool to cut down a Bush-Cheney sign.
Damn, clearly violence on an unimaginable scale there.

In April 2005, Earlham College suspended Josh Medlin after he threw an ice cream pie at Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol. Medlin pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor battery charge two weeks ago.
Hehe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Omg!  Saying that Sarah Palin kills animals!  Truly a horrible act of slander.

I mean, damn.  Maybe there's some legitimate complaint in that article, but it's buried by mounds and mounds of missing the joke or blowing things way out of proportion.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:46 am »

That ad is stupid. Comparing hunting to murder is stupid also.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2011, 11:56:29 am »

Yeah, fine, a silly comparison.  Probably made by and for animal lovers.

On the other hand, does it promote "second amendment solutions"?  No.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2011, 11:57:18 am »

Stupid, yes, but if that's the best they can come up with for examples of 'hate' from liberals over a 10 year period, they're going to have to do better than that. You see, violent rhetoric doesn't exactly fit with the whole 'bleeding heart librul' stereotype. Talk about armed rebellion and gun control don't get along very well. :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:01:03 pm by alway »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2011, 12:18:28 pm »

Stupid, yes, but if that's the best they can come up with for examples of 'hate' from liberals over a 10 year period, they're going to have to do better than that. You see, violent rhetoric doesn't exactly fit with the whole 'bleeding heart librul' stereotype. Talk about armed rebellion and gun control don't get along very well. :P

I've also heard whining about liberals who call certain people 'evil' or 'Nazis', as if a Godwin or taking a moral stand was the equivalent of urging violent revolution.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2011, 12:39:49 pm »

Then you obviously dont know a damned thing about the tea party, instead believing just what you were told by its adversaries.

And by the way, its the other side that is most violent in its rhetoric and actions: (i know you wont like who the link is to, but the facts listed are irrefutable, because they are just facts, not commentary)

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/10/the-progressive-climate-of-hate-an-illustrated-primer-2000-2010/

Wow, that was an eye-opener, I hadn't even heard of most of that stuff.  In light of the accusations against Palin and Tea Partyers, it's pretty shameful/hypocritical of them.

Thanks for the link.

Edit: I also saw this link in there as well. 
But those lessons from ­history won’t stop some Democrats exploiting the shooting of a nine-year-old girl and five others at the weekend with precisely the sort of foam-flecked over-reaction for which they love to condemn their opponents on the Right.

Well said.

Oh, and this one is good too.  WOW!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:47:05 pm by lumin »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2011, 12:52:20 pm »

Wow, that was an eye-opener, I hadn't even heard of most of that stuff.  In light of the accusations against Palin and Tea Partyers, it's pretty shameful/hypocritical of them.
Did you actually read it, or just glance at it, saw it affirmed your views and said "yeah, all good"?  I mean, most of it seems to be "left wing people perform protests!  Zomg!".

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2011, 12:56:02 pm »

Gasp, left wing does not like right wing.

And yet there are no outright calls by leaders for armed revolts and murder like the Teabaggers have repeated over and over again.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31