Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: American Congresswoman Shot ; 11 others shot, 6 killed, RIP  (Read 23626 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: American Congresswoman Shot ; 11 others shot, 6 killed, RIP
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2011, 01:57:53 pm »

It will only become a meme if we keep on doing that.
No, really.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2011, 02:00:10 pm »

No, really.

It will only become a meme if we keep talking like that.

We keep talking like that.

Therefore, it will become a meme.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2011, 02:08:10 pm »

No, really.

It will only become a meme if we keep talking like that. And we keep talking like that. Therefore, it will become a meme. it implys that we have the same mindset.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2011, 02:35:44 pm »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/09/gabrielle-giffords-shooting-rightwing-rhetoric

More controversy.

I may be wrong but I think  there were accusations of this guy being a right wing gun nut. Turns out he's a registered Democrat and was described as a "left-wing pothead".
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:49:51 pm by Urist is dead tome »

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2011, 02:52:54 pm »

Oh my Armok you really will believe everything you hear, won't you?

Quote from: The Arizona Daily Star
Loughner registered to vote for the first time in 2006, said Chris Roads, Pima County's registrar of voters. He registered as an independent and last voted in the 2008 general election.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_78272a23-fe75-5bee-ba38-f8171cda3fb7.html

Next time, try actual sources.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »

hes getting info from England, not a very good source for information in Arizona.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2011, 02:58:35 pm »

That Guardian article didn't mention anything about his voter registration.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2011, 03:02:09 pm »

English news should do the research. Which means reading from american news and all that.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2011, 03:15:05 pm »

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/01/jared-loughners-behavior-recor.html?hpid=topnews

Hears some good ol' American news. Doesn't say anything about his political choices though.

Oh my Armok you really will believe everything you hear, won't you?
Next time, try actual sources.

Hmmmm....
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:22:50 pm by Urist is dead tome »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2011, 03:45:24 pm »

The guardian article never said he was a registered democrat.
They are just echoing the fact many link the murder and tea party rhetorics.

Now redking, you are a bit wrong, the bad thing isn't standing up against one's government, it's call for violence.
Pacifist aren't dirty hippies, and violence make poeple suffer. Maybe this death can serve to remind that.

Edit, now they said he is antisemitic. Giffords was Jewish. They said he may be linked with American renaissance. 
Warning, nauseating link : http://www.amren.com/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:51:14 pm by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2011, 04:06:36 pm »

This whole thing is so garbled and corrupt that I'm just done watching it. Both parties are attempting to use a murder of six as a method to get more registrants. And I don't like it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2011, 04:32:51 pm »

hes getting info from England, not a very good source for information in Arizona.
To be fair, the Guardian didn't actually say what Urist attached to them.  Anywhere in that article.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2011, 04:40:56 pm »

This whole thing is so garbled and corrupt that I'm just done watching it. Both parties are attempting to use a murder of six as a method to get more registrants. And I don't like it.

Here's the thing.

Even if he had no direct links to the Tea Party movement, it still highlights how atrocious that movement's rhetoric is: The violent imagery, revolutionary dog-whistle political talk, gun imagery, "watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants", etc. This event highlights how seriously we should take such matters, instead of using revolutionary and violent speech for petty political gains. And when you try to normalize that kind of speech and thought as if it's nothing to even be concerned about, as if "second amendment remedies" are to be spoken of casually as if we're in the middle of a goddamn civil war or insurrection... then how can you be surprised when a violent wingnut on either side of the aisle (or neither) actually shoots someone?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2011, 04:43:25 pm »

Here's the thing.

Even if he had no direct links to the Tea Party movement, it still highlights how atrocious that movement's rhetoric is: The violent imagery, revolutionary dog-whistle political talk, gun imagery, "watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants", etc. This event highlights how seriously we should take such matters, instead of using revolutionary and violent speech for petty political gains. And when you try to normalize that kind of speech and thought as if it's nothing to even be concerned about, as if "second amendment remedies" are to be spoken of casually as if we're in the middle of a goddamn civil war or insurrection... then how can you be surprised when a violent wingnut on either side of the aisle (or neither) actually shoots someone?

Thanks for reminding me how much I hate both parties.

I don't know. I think I'm to extreme for a political party.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2011, 06:01:54 pm »

You can't be too extreme to identify with one of the parties, you'd have to be too moderate.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31