Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: American Congresswoman Shot ; 11 others shot, 6 killed, RIP  (Read 23699 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: American Congresswoman Shot ; 11 others shot, 6 killed, RIP
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2011, 12:48:46 pm »

Yes, this kind of stuff happens so much that people did not feel the need to make a thread talking about it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2011, 12:48:57 pm »

Well, violence does happen in france, but a madman taking a gun and going on a rampage is a very rare events. Not like in the US.
If it wasn't rare in the US then it wouldn't be such shocking international news.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2011, 12:56:18 pm »

This kind of thing has happened far too often in my memory. Just off the top of my head- Crazy guy shoots up church. Crazy guy shoots up college. Crazy guy shoots up mall. Maybe there isn't a gun problem, but there certainly is a crazy guy problem.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2011, 12:59:11 pm »

In fairness you don't hear a whole lot in the news in the States about the mass riots that go on in many European countries like Greece.  I think we're just violent in different ways.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2011, 01:02:28 pm »

This kind of thing has happened far too often in my memory. Just off the top of my head- Crazy guy shoots up church. Crazy guy shoots up college. Crazy guy shoots up mall. Maybe there isn't a gun problem, but there certainly is a crazy guy problem.

There are a lot of people in the world. Inevitably, some of them will turn out both crazy and homoicidal. That's not really a problem we can solve, just try to limit.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2011, 01:03:44 pm »

People like Keith Obermann, Bill O' Reilly, and Glenn Beck need to TONE IT DOWN. We're members of the same nation, don't act like you're bitter enemies fighting over land.

You mean this Keith Olbermann?

Your false equivocation is noted with extreme detestation. The "lefties" have spoken out against Right-Wing politics but they have constantly spoken out against violence at the same time. You will not find liberal pundits or politicians liberally using violent rhetoric for political gain.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2011, 01:17:09 pm »

Would you quit whining about guns? It's not like violence never happens in France.
I didn't aim to attack the second amendment this time, just the second amendment "solution".
But you could compare the violent death rate in France and in America. http://www.guncite.com/cnngunde.html
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2011, 01:20:11 pm »

There are a lot of people in the world. Inevitably, some of them will turn out both crazy and homoicidal. That's not really a problem we can solve, just try to limit.

For exemple by limiting crazy guys' access to guns.

As for the mass riots in Greece and others, you cannot compare it with the state. If the US governments suddenly announce that pension will be lowered, wages too, taxes will raises, government workers will be laid off, etc tc all at the same time, then I'm sure there will be riots in the States as well.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2011, 01:21:45 pm »

I am convinced that this attack was politically motivated. All people hurt or killed in the attack were politically important.

Well, violence does happen in france, but a madman taking a gun and going on a rampage is a very rare events. Not like in the US.

I would rather have the occasional shooting over mass riots with looting, violence, murder, and vandalism that is incredibly expensive to clean up. And do you even live here? Cause the stereotypical gun toting American doesn't exist.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2011, 01:25:29 pm »

I live in Europe. And well, if you'd rather have innocents dying than cars burned, it's your choice.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2011, 01:28:27 pm »

I live in Europe. And well, if you'd rather have innocents dying than cars burned, it's your choice.

Do you really think that no one would be killed in a mass riot? Really? When you think mass riots do you think people just go to a car dealership and burn the cars? Mass riots are far more deadly than shootings which aren't very common in America. Don't say something about this situation if you don't know for sure.

If more people carried guns then these shootings wouldn't be so deadly. Least in my opinion.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2011, 01:29:24 pm »

It's important to be able to defend yourself, against others, and more importantly from the state. Guns are the weapons of our time, so that is what people must have.

And, I might add, riots are just as prone to killing innocents.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2011, 01:30:20 pm »

Cause the stereotypical gun toting American doesn't exist.
It does, but in such small numbers and in isolated areas that makes them irrelevant in arguments where they are brought up.

If more people carried guns then these shootings wouldn't be so deadly. Least in my opinion.
Alright, leaving the thread. The opponents to this are too annoying to deal with.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2011, 01:41:58 pm »

Mass riots don't kill that many people. The greek riots, that went on and off for months, killed 4 people as far as I can find. And those were the worst in years in Europe.

Four people. That's less than the rampage we're talking about. And that doesn't even take in account the murder rate in the US.

P.S. And that Congresswomen had a gun. Never prevented her from getting shot.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2011, 01:44:21 pm »

I didn't say that guns will stop bullets I'm saying that if she protected herself correctly than she would still be alive.

And don't try to act knowledgeable about a problem you don't know anything about.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31