Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: American Congresswoman Shot ; 11 others shot, 6 killed, RIP  (Read 23643 times)

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Congresswoman Shot ; 11 others shot, 6 killed, RIP
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2011, 01:22:15 pm »

There are small amounts of people in the Tea Party who would be described as "racist" that is a problem in the Tea Party that needs fixing.  They should distance and even kick out some members. Being a member should be a privilege not a right. 'Cause right now all they do is let more and more people join.

Distance yourselves from the old geezers with tea bags hanging from their hats. In other words, the clowns.

If you get rid of the clowns and racists then you have credibility. And then the Tea Party complaining that everyone says they're racist will be valid.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:59:53 pm by Urist is dead tome »

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2011, 01:40:22 pm »

You guys won, I'm resorting to sarcasm.
The country will be in civil war within 5 years or so.

I, for one, encourage the rhetoric.  Let's get this over with rather then let it linger around forever.

Are you that myopic (or young, or foolish) that you think things have never been this bad before, and that they're so much worse that civil war within five years is inevitable? To the point where you're encouraging violent behavior?
The same kind of people that yell OMGZ! World War III! after any diplomatic escalation due to military exercises.

And by the way, its the other side that is most violent in its rhetoric and actions: (i know you wont like who the link is to, but the facts listed are irrefutable, because they are just facts, not commentary)

Am not,
Are too,
Am not,
Are too...

I bet you'll be able to find a lot of sites showing the exact opposite of what that links implies.  But, that's not your opinion, right?  So it's probably all fake, manipulated and part of the hate speech, right?
So... mostly legitimate acts of protest by isolated people, a few promotional posters of George Bush pointing a gun at his own head, and some admittedly tasteless attacks on conservatives by random members of the public?  I mean, the grasping at straws in that article is incredible is incredible.
Shut up, commie.
That ad is stupid. Comparing hunting to murder is stupid also.
Unless you hunt people.   ;D  (harmless joke to ease the tension)

Wow, that was an eye-opener, I hadn't even heard of most of that stuff.  In light of the accusations against Palin and Tea Partyers, it's pretty shameful/hypocritical of them.
Which, of course, makes violent rhetoric ok and absolves everyone.

Oh, and this one is good too.  WOW!
Wow! Random people over the internet saying whatever crap they like because they feel safe behind a computer!  That has NEVER happened before.
Wow, that was an eye-opener, I hadn't even heard of most of that stuff.  In light of the accusations against Palin and Tea Partyers, it's pretty shameful/hypocritical of them.
Did you actually read it, or just glance at it, saw it affirmed your views and said "yeah, all good"?  I mean, most of it seems to be "left wing people perform protests!  Zomg!".
Considering that the links he did post are a youtube video of twitter messages from random users and a Daily Mail Article that has REVENGE on it's title and never justifies the title, I don't think he checked his own links either.

Everyone can start posting selective comments of random trolls to explain how THE OTHER SIDE is evil.  But most people understand how flawed that is.

also, the link the first guy provided starts like this:
"The Tucson massacre ghouls who are now trying to criminalize conservatism have forced our hand."  Wait, what? 
Spoiler: "Really?" (click to show/hide)

And I absolutely love ANTI-TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE HATE.  (was ANTI-ANTI-GAY MARRIAGE HATE too convoluted?)
As for anyone who keeps trying to pin the killer on the oher team...

---

Imagine a soccer stadium, look at the most extreme fanatics, see how stupid, irrational and mass-following they are.  Now look at the internet.  There's a big section that acts so similarly it's funny.  You can't use hooligans to define soccer enthusiasts.  Don't try that on the internet either.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2011, 02:36:09 pm »

There are small amounts of people in the Tea Party who would be described as "racist" that is a problem in the Tea Party that needs fixing.  They should distance and even kick out some members. Being a member should be a privilege not a right. 'Cause right now all they do is let more and more people join.

Distance yourselves from the old geezers with tea bags hanging from their hats. In other words, the clowns.

If you get rid of the clowns and racists then you have credibility. And then the Tea Party complaining that everyone says they're racist will be valid.

There are small amounts of people on Stormfront.org who would be described as "racist" that is a problem on Stormfront that needs fixing. They should distance and even kick out some members. Being a member should be a privilege not a right. 'Cause right now all they do is let more and more people join.

Distance yourself from old geezers with minorities hanging off their trees. In other words, the clowns.

If you get rid of the clowns and racists then you have credibility. And then Stormfront.org complaining that everyone says they're racist will be valid.

There are small amounts of people in FIFA who would be described as "enjoying soccer" that is a problem in FIFA that needs fixing.  They should distance and even kick out some members. Being a member should be a privilege not a right. 'Cause right now all they do is let more and more people join.

Distance yourselves from the old geezers with team logos hanging from their hats. In other words, the clowns.

If you get rid of the clowns and soccer enthusiasts then you have credibility. And then FIFA complaining that everyone says they're soccer enthusiasts will be valid.

There are small amounts of people in the army who would be described as "professional soldiers" that is a problem in the army that needs fixing.  They should distance and even kick out some members. Being a member should be a privilege not a right. 'Cause right now all they do is let more and more people join.

Distance yourselves from the old geezers with dog tags hanging from their throats. In other words, the clowns.

If you get rid of the clowns and professional soldiers then you have credibility. And then the army complaining that everyone says they're professional soldiers will be valid.

There are small amounts of people in the Mafia who would be described as "criminal" that is a problem in the Mafia that needs fixing.  They should distance and even kick out some members. Being a member should be a privilege not a right. 'Cause right now all they do is let more and more people join.

Distance yourselves from the old geezers with this thing of ours. In other words, the clowns.

If you get rid of the clowns and criminals then you have credibility. And then the Mafia complaining that everyone says they're criminals will be valid.

There are small amounts of people in the Circus who would be described as "clowns" that is a problem in the Circus that needs fixing.  They should distance and even kick out some members. Being a member should be a privilege not a right. 'Cause right now all they do is let more and more people join.

Distance yourselves from the old geezers with red noses hanging from their hats. In other words, the clowns.

If you get rid of the clowns and clowns then you have credibility. And then the Circus complaining that everyone says they're clowns will be valid.

There are small amounts of people in the Republican Party who would be described as "right wing" that is a problem in the Republican Party that needs fixing.  They should distance and even kick out some members. Being a member should be a privilege not a right. 'Cause right now all they do is let more and more people join.

Distance yourselves from the old geezers with donkies hanging from their hats. In other words, the clowns.

If you get rid of the clowns and right-wingers then you have credibility. And then the Republican Party complaining that everyone says they're right wing will be valid.

There are small amounts of people in University who would be described as "student" that is a problem in University that needs fixing.  They should distance and even kick out some members. Being a member should be a privilege not a right. 'Cause right now all they do is let more and more people join.

Distance yourselves from the old geezers with tassels hanging from their hats. In other words, the clowns.

If you get rid of the clowns and students then you have credibility. And then the University complaining that everyone says they're students will be valid.

I hope I have made my point clear.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:48:00 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2011, 03:00:22 pm »

The only point you've made is that you don't like the Tea Party.

This whole thing was a waste of your time.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2011, 03:22:59 pm »

Imagine a soccer stadium, look at the most extreme fanatics, see how stupid, irrational and mass-following they are.  Now look at the internet.  There's a big section that acts so similarly it's funny.  You can't use hooligans to define soccer enthusiasts.  Don't try that on the internet either.
Only it's easier to fake being a hooligan on the internet and there's almost certainly gonna be no consequence for it :/.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2011, 04:25:18 pm »

No, his point is that taking all the racists out of the Tea Party is like trying to take all the sand off the beach and still call it a beach.

But is it true to say the majority of Tea Party members are racists? No of course not. It's simply not true.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2011, 04:30:33 pm »

Sure, but their rhetoric certainly attracts them. Why else would they have hopped on the "Obama is a secret Kenyan Muslim" bandwagon?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2011, 04:31:52 pm »

And that's why Sarah Paling shouldn't lead the Tea Party.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2011, 05:06:42 pm »

The Tea Party isn't even one organized mass. It's just a collection of right-wing groups that was originally started among Ron Paul supporting Libertarians and it only really began collecting mass once McCain lost to Obama in the 2008 election.

The Tea Party can't just decide that Sarah Palin isn't its leader anymore or that it can eject the racists from the group. The USA's white racists will always be there because those groups are attracted to right-wing messages, especially anti-government messages when that government opposes their racism.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:20:29 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2011, 05:54:54 pm »

Am I the only one who noticed that the "whether or not the Tea Party is racist" thing got brought up as a counter to "the Tea Party uses batshit insane revolutionary rhetoric"?

It was literally:
Various people in various words: "The Tea Party calls for armed revolt and assassination, unlike any but the most obscure and alienated leftists."
Urist is dead tome: "The Tea Party isn't racist!"

::)
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2011, 06:12:54 pm »

The Tea Party isn't racist.  They don't discriminate at all.

They want to kill everyone who disagrees with them.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2011, 06:42:16 pm »

I would like to point out that I am not for the Tea Party.

The Tea Party isn't racist.  They don't discriminate at all.

They want to kill everyone who disagrees with them.

...Except that they never said they would kill anyone...

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2011, 06:55:26 pm »

Except Julian Assange.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2011, 07:00:37 pm »

My point was to point out that it was a trollish, random non-sequitur. "Group X says Y, unlike group Z" "group X is totally not [controversial quality completely unrelated to anything anyone else is saying]".
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2011, 07:40:09 pm »

You guys won, I'm resorting to sarcasm.
And by the way, its the other side that is most violent in its rhetoric and actions: (i know you wont like who the link is to, but the facts listed are irrefutable, because they are just facts, not commentary)

Am not,
Are too,
Am not,
Are too...

well, ok, ya, ya'got me there.        But they said! ...........nm   :)
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31