Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: American Congresswoman Shot ; 11 others shot, 6 killed, RIP  (Read 23642 times)

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Congresswoman Shot, killed; 12 others shot
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 03:24:35 pm »

For a moment, I thought this might have had something do with immigration laws, seeing as that's raising such a massive stink there. Except this woman was rather moderate on immigration reform... she wanted to increase border patrols, but also increase the number of visas. So I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 03:25:52 pm »

Sarah Palin told her supporters to shoot her.  They shot her.  I don't think it runs any deeper than that.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 03:28:48 pm »

Hey, it's the second amendment solution in action. Isn't it he purpose of all these guns around.
You know "never trust a government that try to take away your weapons".
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 03:30:34 pm »

leave the second amendment out of this....

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 03:33:56 pm »

Why? Whoever did it was able to do it because of all these hight qualities gun lying around everywhere.
And that kind of murder is exactly the "solution" they bring to you should you be unhappy with your government.
This is your second amendment in action.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 03:36:04 pm »

its only meant for protecting are selves in case the government went overboard and takes our rights or protection from invasion.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 03:37:23 pm »

This is an isolated incident, blaming the ownership of guns on the whole debacle is both, shallow, and insignificant.
If he really had eyes on killing her, not even making guns illegal would have helped. You'd still be able to get your hands on weapons, and do the deed.

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 03:37:30 pm »

This isn't a matter of the availability of guns. Someone who is both crazy and determined will always find a way.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 03:37:35 pm »

Guys.  Drop the after-action gun control shit.  Okay?  Okay.

Let's get some facts going here.  Apparently there was also a federal judge among those killed.  I'll get some proper quotes, but there will be like fifteen more posts by the time I do.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 03:38:41 pm »

It's not the fucking guns, people. She was shot point-blank to the head. At that range you don't need a fucking gun. Besides, Americans have had the things for centuries.

What is new is the teabagger Glenn Beck extremism, even worse than it was in the mid-nineties with Clinton, a whole fucking cable TV network encouraging these nutbags to start shooting anyone with a D next to their name.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 03:40:06 pm »

And Sarah Palin basically TELLING HER SUPPORTERS TO SHOOT HER.

Along with 16 others...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 03:44:18 pm »

Another point of order.  This wasn't a Democratic party meeting, apparently.  It was a meeting held by and for the Congresswoman, there were several minor Republican politicians at the even, at least two of whom were also wounded.  The gunman wasn't exactly picky, after the key target I guess, but probably had no idea, since these guys tend to be very ill-informed.

I remember the Virginia Tech shooting, and that it took about two days before any really clear and fully understood reporting came out of the event.  The full details of the story, especially the identity of the gunman, are likely to change a bit very quickly.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 03:48:31 pm »

Washington Post reports that she is alive in critical condition. she was responsive in the hospital.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 03:50:01 pm »

Washington Post reports that she is alive in critical condition. she was responsive in the hospital.

Yeah, KVOA and NBC are reporting that live now.  Probably true?  Yep, live feed from the hospital spokesman.  She was shot in the head, but is alive and expected to stay that way.  I guess he just winged her.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/08/gabrielle-giffords-shot-tucson-arizona

The guardian article : "The event, called "Congress on Your Corner", allowed members of her district to meet her."
"An eyewitness told ABC News he heard 15 to 20 gunshots and saw people running and screaming." 15 to 20 bullet in the charger?
A good gun.

"Another witness, Steven Rayle, who was on the scene at the time of the shooting and helped pin the suspect down until the police arrived, said: "The event was very informal. Giffords had set up a table outside the Safeway and about 20 or 30 people were gathered to talk to her. The gunman, who may have come from inside the Safeway, walked up and shot Giffords in the head first.""

"Giffords's Tuscon constituency office was vandalised last March after she voted in favour of Barack Obama's controversial health bill, which has been bitterly opposed by the American right. "

"Although a Democrat, Giffords was a strong supporter of the right to bear arms"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us/politics/09giffords.html?_r=2
At a news conference several hours later, an official with the Pima County Sheriff’s Department said that six people had been killed and 18 wounded in the shooting. Among the six dead was a child, but officials did not comment on Ms. Giffords’s condition.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:03:00 pm by Phmcw »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31