Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lever problems  (Read 543 times)

Xaneous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Lever problems
« on: January 08, 2011, 11:30:51 am »

Hello all,
let me just say i have tried searching for the problem i have using the search engine and i have not been able to find any thread regarding my problem but I can't figure out how to use the search engine properly so it might be my fault. Anyway on to the lever problems.

Dwarf fortress seems to crash(or stop responding as windows would say it)everytime i try to link it to something( doors, floodgates etc.)

Anyone else seem to have the same problem? i'm running on 31.18 with the lazy newb pack. i would appreciate any help or insight into this.

Sorry about the bad English, not my first language.

Update :
It seems that any action that requires the view to be centered at possible target items causes it to crash

Update 2 :
It seems that the problem might lie within the mayday graphic pack. i tried switching to another and the problem goes away. Mighty Moderators, u can lock this thread.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:53:54 pm by Xaneous »

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lever problems
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:04:17 pm »

How long does it stop responding for? The game does this sometimes when it has to calculate a lot in one frame (like a huge cave-in, which could take minutes). Unless you have a massive fort this seems unlikely but try waiting it out

Xaneous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lever problems
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 12:46:34 pm »

It doesn't matter, Windows just shuts it down. i've tried waiting it out before.