Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Tasty drinks while sick.  (Read 6210 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Tasty drinks while sick.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 01:18:44 pm »

Tea is very good for when I'm sick and generally makes me feel alot better, and with types of tea umm just the normal kind? Sorry I'm English so dont know what you yanks have :D we just have normal tea here never heard of green tea O.o. But also cause tea is just water and the leaf stuff you can then put sugar or milk in in depending on how your feeling, if your quite ill and sicky I suggest black tea (no milk) and no sugar.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 01:19:40 pm »

It probably won't do much to help you get better, but I find that Sprite has weird properties when it comes to sick people. It certainly seems to make throwing up less likely whenever that's a posibility, and it does indeed remain tasty even while you are sick. Then again, you said soda reacted with the mucus in your throat, so I can give no promises on this.
I always thought ginger ale did that...
Real men drink Reed's Extra Ginger Brew.
I'm also going to recommend Emergen-C.
Gotta get that vitamin C and electrolytes.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 01:55:39 pm »

It probably won't do much to help you get better, but I find that Sprite has weird properties when it comes to sick people. It certainly seems to make throwing up less likely whenever that's a posibility, and it does indeed remain tasty even while you are sick. Then again, you said soda reacted with the mucus in your throat, so I can give no promises on this.
I always thought ginger ale did that...

That's what I thought, but they have similar taste and carbonation...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 02:41:47 pm »

Juice, many many kinds.
I was wondering, how would V8 juice do? Or would that be a really bad idea?

Don't drink that.  It's full of tomatoes and very acidic, which many people have trouble with even when they're feeling well.

When I'm sick, I usually drink tea full of chopped up raw garlic, lemon, and honey.  The garlic might be too much for your stomach if you're feeling so ill, though =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 03:13:07 pm »

Juice, many many kinds.
I was wondering, how would V8 juice do? Or would that be a really bad idea?

Don't drink that.  It's full of tomatoes and very acidic, which many people have trouble with even when they're feeling well.

When I'm sick, I usually drink tea full of chopped up raw garlic, lemon, and honey.  The garlic might be too much for your stomach if you're feeling so ill, though =/

What

Raw garlic? Really?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 03:13:48 pm »

Yeah, it's really tasty and heals you up fast :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 03:16:02 pm »

Hmm. I ought to try that next time.

Thanks, Vector!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 03:46:47 pm »

When you say tasty how are you eating it?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 03:49:31 pm »

When you say tasty how are you eating it?
Raw of course! :3
How else are you supposed to eat garlic?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 03:50:10 pm »

Boil water, put in cup, put in chopped up raw garlic, add some honey and lemon to taste (it actually tastes much worse if you're heavy on the honey).  Stir a little.

I drink/eat it all, with a spoon if necessary.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 03:51:08 pm »

Would sugar work too?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 03:52:32 pm »

I really don't like sugar in this tea, but I also don't drink honey in my chai, either.

Honey helps with sore throats and diseases, whereas sugar actually causes inflammation.  For medicinal purposes, you'd better have honey, but if you can't get any I guess sugar could work.

Mazonas

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »

Depends what you're ill with.  Herbal teas I would recommend, but not the rubbish fruit ones that taste of nothing.

Hot ginger tea - take some ground ginger, honey, lemon juice and add to boiling water, stir.  Great for preventing nausea.  Add a tiny drop or 2 of chilli if you're sniffly to help burn out what ails you.

Sweet Fennel tea - can buy nettle and sweet fennel teabags, make double strong (2 bags) and add a generous amount of honey or sugar - tastes like licqourice

Hibiscus and Rosehip - again you should be able ot buy it ready mixed - again needs lots of sugar.  Make it extra strong.  Great for all sorts of illnesses.

Ginger beer - again, great for nausea and the bubbles are refreshing

As for galric, yeah that is very good for you.  If raw garlic is too much, take a whole bulb, chip of the top 1cm, but bulb in tin foil with a thick slice of lemon and cook until garlic is softened.  Pop cooked cloves out and eat with lashings of good olive oil and soft bread.

Sorry I'm English so dont know what you yanks have :D we just have normal tea here never heard of green tea O.o.

???  I'm English and last time I checked, the tea section of most supermarkets had green tea, as well as many more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eELH0ivexKA

You're letting the side down, old boy!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:01:55 pm by Mazonas »
All is gems and pregnancy
All is gems and pregnancy
All is gems and pregnancy and apes!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 04:03:06 pm »

Peppermint tea and orange juice.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 05:06:48 pm »

Tap water, mixed with honey and a bit of lemon juice, is always a good choice.
It's a good summer drink, as well, if you consume it cooled.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6