Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: The Engineer Asylum [Community Engineering Game]  (Read 9698 times)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
Re: The Engineer Asylum [Community Engineering Game]
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 09:14:12 pm »

wood, lots of wood
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 04:25:54 am »

Well I'm getting started now.
MagmaMcFry, I gave you woodcutting and carpentry too because we need those and they have at least something to do with pumps.
Baron, I had to give you some needed skills for the fortress to have any hope of survival with the madness to come. You got mining, farming and butchery.
Urist I, You are the expedition leader, and the only female.
Our expedition was so big that we got 2 wagons!
It took me forever to get this screenshot. And it's still not exactly how I want it. There is 1 layer missing from the bottom and the rotation is wrong. But I don't want to do everything again.
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4751/soon2bvolcano.png
Should I set up the basic stuff: bedrooms, workshops, dining room, storage, farm etc by myself? Or do you have some special ideas?
I want to repeat again that anything I can provide, I will, when asked. Like character sheets, deities, relationships.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:46:51 am by ottottott »

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 04:49:59 am »

I think we should make our bedrooms in a manner of apartment, only balancing on a single support as a true marvel of dwarven engineering.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 05:35:55 am »

I don't get it... Build the houses outside? And what do you mean by manner of apartment?

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 05:51:39 am »

I mean that we make this multi-level building where all the dwarves live. We might do it outside... Or make artificial cave and carve the whole thing from stone.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 06:20:45 am »

I'm gonna repeat mine:
Name: MagmaMcFry
Prof.: Pump Operator
Custom Prof.: Professional Screw-up
2nd skill?
Brewer. I like liquids.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 07:35:34 am »

I mean that we make this multi-level building where all the dwarves live. We might do it outside... Or make artificial cave and carve the whole thing from stone.
I'll do part-part. Who wants to live above ground and who wants to live below?
I'm gonna repeat mine:
Name: MagmaMcFry
Prof.: Pump Operator
Custom Prof.: Professional Screw-up
2nd skill?
Brewer. I like liquids.
Sry... I already embarked and you got 3 in carpentry and 2 in woodcutting. But I can still enable brewing if you want?

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 07:54:00 am »

I'll book an underground housing, because who doesn't like GCS:s climbing trough your windows? Also, could I see my character sheet?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 09:27:34 am »

I see a volcano and know that we need to submerge a clear glass entrance hallway in it.

After getting the basics set up, of course.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 09:51:19 am »

I'll book an underground housing, because who doesn't like GCSs climbing trough your windows? Also, could I see my character sheet?
Updated the 1st post with a list of characters and their sheets and a building queue too.
I see a volcano and know that we need to submerge a clear glass entrance hallway in it.
Mind filling me in on how to get a clear glass entrance hallway in magma? Would be fun though!
Name: Urist the Yellow
Profession: The Dariush
Skills:
Proficient mechanic
Novice judge of intent
Novice persuader
Competent liar
Wishes to be a bookkeeper and to build a magma trap. Until then, a cave-in trap similar to what I did in New Eternal Halls.
Spoiler: Design (click to show/hide)
Sry! Your a tad late. All open spots have been taken. I'll get you a migrant in the 1st wave that comes. One that matches your suggested skills the most. I can get started with the project earlier though. If migrants come late.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:04:33 am by ottottott »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 10:09:50 am »

Mind filling me in on how to get a clear glass entrance hallway in magma? Would be fun though!

Drain magma.
Build hallway.
Let magma refill.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 10:17:51 am »

Drain magma.
Build hallway.
Let magma refill.

Die trying, laugh afterwards!

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 12:33:20 pm »

So this has started! w00t!      I say we build a jacuzzi with massage pumps
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »

Name: Urist the Yellow
Profession: The Dariush
Skills:
Proficient mechanic
Novice judge of intent
Novice persuader
Competent liar
Wishes to be a bookkeeper and to build a magma trap. Until then, a cave-in trap similar to what I did in New Eternal Halls.
Spoiler: Design (click to show/hide)
Sry! Your a tad late. All open spots have been taken. I'll get you a migrant in the 1st wave that comes. One that matches your suggested skills the most. I can get started with the project earlier though. If migrants come late.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 01:28:29 pm »

we need a long series of long bridges to the entrance of the fort, with a balista at every corner.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13