Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Foothold -- A Succession Invasion!  (Read 19789 times)

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Foothold -- A Succession Fortress!
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2011, 07:04:26 pm »

I'll take a migrant, and turn 8 if that's what add ins is.
Name:DevilEd
Profession:Metalsmith
Custom Title(if it'll fit):Inventor of the Highest Bread
You'll get turn 9! Welcome
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2011, 10:48:39 am »

First Update:
Sorry for the lack of images, i'm not very good with screenshots.

First of Granite:
So here we are, in the middle of nowhere, right nex to those pointy eared elves... This is what I like... This looks as a good place for starting our fort...

First of all, the leader, Mr Blackhat, asked me to design our new home... I started with a little hall for us, and with two storages zones. One for our food, and one for everything else. And I also designed a zone for the workshops. After that, seeing the lack of stone in that area, I order the other miner, Branded or something like that, to help to mine down. We found some stone. The leader also ordered the other woodcuter to chop down some trees.

First of Slate:
Well, the thing is going well. We have already struck some limonite and some gems. And I'm plannig to create a dinnig hall and some bedrooms. The leader has given me a lot of independence.

Fith of Slate:
We have started the construccion of a complex for our underground farms. I think it's more important than the bedrooms, so I haven't started them yet.
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2011, 08:06:51 pm »

oops!
Forgot character!
Name: Icee
Profession: Wrestler
Custom title: Serial Killer

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 04:24:47 am »

Sorry, but I think you'll have to skip me. I'm going to a burial and i won't be able to finish my turn.
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2011, 04:38:50 am »

u uploading, or shall i go straight from the begining?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:42:54 am by Brandedahall »
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2011, 06:09:45 am »

Well, this is going to be embarrassing... I got confused, the burial is tomorrow, not today, sorry... I'll finish my turn and i'll upload it by tonight

PS: When I say tonight I mean here in Spain.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 06:20:01 am »

damn :) was looking forward to it.

dw, only a mistake.

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 04:37:57 pm »

Ok, this is bad... I have some problems with my computer to run the game, so i can do two things, I can upload the save now (it's almost winter) or I can upload it tomorrow before I go to the burial with the year completed (And, please, whoever that goes next, please, respect my mausoleum.)

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »

Ok, this is bad... I have some problems with my computer to run the game, so i can do two things, I can upload the save now (it's almost winter) or I can upload it tomorrow before I go to the burial with the year completed (And, please, whoever that goes next, please, respect my mausoleum.)

I say we give you the extra time and then we'll continue. If you cannot play tomorrow, upload what you currently have and the next person will finish your year and have his own.
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »

mausoleum, of course i will respect it, unless it's full of gobblins and elves :) i jk, i'll respect.

i also like critisism

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2011, 10:58:38 am »

27th Slate:
Rentorian has created a door masterpiece. To the dinning room you go.

13th Felsite:
We have found a cavern. I'm using to mine gold and silver and for havig water indoors.

20th Hematite:
3 migrants. I'm starting to build tombs for everyone and a little thing for me...

5th Malachite:
Rentorian has created another masterpiece. A coffin. That's for my tomb!

9th Malachite:
3 cats adopt me, almost at the same time.

21st Galena:
A kobold thief appears and hurts a dog. Two dogs kill him.

28th Galena:
I kill the injured dog. We need food...

9th Limestone:
A war dog gave birth to puppies. I think I know what to do with them...

23rd Limestone:
Ten migrants, a bit more useful than the firsts ones.

18th Timber:
Merchants!! I traded two bins of crafts for food, booze and an anvil. (Somehow I used the first charcoal to create iron. Big fail... Now we have to wait until the next caravan bring us charcoal) They want crafts, ammo, meat, crosbows and hammers and they'll pay for them.

5th Moonstone:
We have seen a forgotten beast made out of salt in the caverns, but there is no way that it get to us... By now.

5th Opal:
Crocatowa has created a masterpiece... A mechanism... I'm using it for the cage and stone fall trap system.

18th Obsidian:
Rentorian has created another door of great quality... For his bedroom now.

25th Obsidian:
Looking to a hill in the west, i think that the next one should remove the ramps, create an only enter using bridges and build a temple for the god of blood.

Ok, first year finished. I'm uploading it to Megaupload (a spanish server. It's just i'm too lazy for creating a new account... You don't have to sign, just input the four letters and/or numbers in the box and wait until the 45 seconds for the "Descarga Normal" button are over.
Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=86FJSRUO

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2011, 01:37:09 pm »

Downloaded the file to take a look around, everything looks like it's going pretty smoothly...
So that means Fun should be well on it's way.
On another note...
Fear my stoneworking prowess!
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2011, 01:37:32 pm »

the file is unavailiable

i also like critisism

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2011, 01:55:09 pm »

Really?  I didn't have any problems downloading it...
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2011, 02:09:49 pm »

"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

sucks for me, can you upload it somewhere? if blue cant

EDIT: nvm works now, dont know what i did wrong
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:23:12 pm by Brandedahall »

i also like critisism

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13