Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: imported tigermen tame (herbalist) died in cage due to thrist?  (Read 393 times)

silversurfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
imported tigermen tame (herbalist) died in cage due to thrist?
« on: January 07, 2011, 07:56:41 pm »

Elves brought me something cool I thought... So I was waiting to figure out what to do with this guy and bam he/she dies... The cage has a dead body in it and its in my stocks...  How do I move the item or body?  Also if the animal is tame from the elves could I have just freed him? 

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: imported tigermen tame (herbalist) died in cage due to thrist?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 08:01:48 pm »

Intelligent creatures which are part of your fortress need to eat and drink.  This includes tigermen, which start needing to eat and drink as soon as you purchase them from the elves.

You could have freed him by either building the cage he's in and then unassigning him from the elves, or building an empty cage, assigning him to it, and then unassigning him.

Note that tigermen will not drink alcohol, and won't use wells.  They need a water source zone designated over fresh water in order to survive.

To remove his body from the cage, try viewing the contents of the cage and designating his body for dumping.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 08:05:31 pm »

Intelligent creatures which are part of your fortress need to eat and drink.  This includes tigermen, which start needing to eat and drink as soon as you purchase them from the elves.

You could have freed him by either building the cage he's in and then unassigning him from the elves, or building an empty cage, assigning him to it, and then unassigning him.

Note that tigermen will not drink alcohol, and won't use wells.  They need a water source zone designated over fresh water in order to survive.

To remove his body from the cage, try viewing the contents of the cage and designating his body for dumping.

Also, they will only eat meat. ('[CARNIVORE]') If it has to be raw or cooked I have no idea.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:45:16 pm »

They'll eat prepared meat from your butcher, and I'm pretty sure they'll eat prepared meals that contain at least one meat ingredient.  Not sure if they'll eat cheese or raw fish.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.