Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434595 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #3810 on: October 17, 2011, 10:27:02 pm »

Mmm yeah I'm still not buying the "abusive and mean mentor" thing. She was stern, but if she was prone to overreacting with punishments, I don't think she would've tried to be comforting in the library.

"Twilight, you are a wonderful student. I don't need to get a letter every week to know that."

What do people think of a Bay 12 pony mascot?
A dwarf pony would be interesting!

Doeeet

As for the abusive stuff... This is something that is really evil anything. A potion or spell that can take away the will of any pony who so much as looks at it...yeah, not going to argue that could be a good thing.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: October 17, 2011, 10:28:32 pm »

What do people think of a Bay 12 pony mascot?  Considering NeoGAF's Bella Eve...

>.>
Bay 12 has a pony mascot? I MUST SEE THIS!
Scratch that, apparently I can't read.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: October 17, 2011, 10:33:53 pm »

I've heard estimations that the main 6 are at least in their teens, so he's over 10.

Personally, in humans terms, I'd estimate most of them to be in the 16-22 range, except Rarity who is probably late twenties. But then I also think Rarity is a single mother and Rainbow Dash is a boy. As to Spike, I'd say about 15.

Rarity as a single mother leaves the question as to who the father was (Big Macintosh? Does he get around? Maybe he could be Applebloom's father, too.), why they split up (Maybe cultural things?), and why Sweetie Belle looks so much like Rarity.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: October 17, 2011, 10:35:45 pm »

I still think Applejack is the oldest. She's at least on par with Rarity, each owning and operating their own business and largely acting like responsible adults.

Still I doubt there's any canon age for any of them, except Fluttershy being a year older than Pinkie.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: October 17, 2011, 10:53:14 pm »

I opened spoiler expecting Bay12-pony-tan but got spike sad over a gravestone.

:(
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: October 17, 2011, 11:03:01 pm »

When will I ever learn?
I clicked that spoiler expecting something relevant.
Also, the Yogscast got some pony fanart done, and one of those was a dwarf pony. I can't find it now, but hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about here :p

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: October 17, 2011, 11:08:58 pm »

What's this thing you call "relevant"?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: October 17, 2011, 11:11:44 pm »

It's some kind of vague conceptual idea that's being tossed around on some of the fancier online forums. I don't think most people here have heard of it :p

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: October 17, 2011, 11:13:28 pm »

One of those damned hipster expressions, is it?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: October 17, 2011, 11:37:54 pm »

Nah. If you really want to be a good hipster, you're going to post stuff that is relevant, but in a really ironic way, except that as a hipster you don't understand irony, and will just post something stupid. In other words, a picture of a photoshopped Goodyear blimp next to Cloudsdale in response to the earlier discussion of zeppelins. Or worse, a Led Zeppelin album cover.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: October 18, 2011, 12:31:45 am »

Nah. If you really want to be a good hipster, you're going to post stuff that is relevant, but in a really ironic way, except that as a hipster you don't understand irony, and will just post something stupid. In other words, a picture of a photoshopped Goodyear blimp next to Cloudsdale in response to the earlier discussion of zeppelins. Or worse, a Led Zeppelin album cover.

Would people mind not talking about words I don't know? WHAT THE HECK IS THIS WORD "RELEVANT" AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: October 18, 2011, 12:42:35 am »

Anyway.

Next story idea, and feel free to steal this if you want to.

Story starts off as an in-universe story, with author notes to explain certain things.

Turns out that the story is a fanfiction of the show in-universe. The Author notes are the author notes of the writer, in-universe.

However, this in fact turns out to be just the first layer, and it's the story of someone writing that fanfiction above.

This idea has been floating around my head for about two years now, and I've decided to do it this time in the MLP universe.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: October 18, 2011, 12:46:20 am »

So the story might be, for example, starting with a prologue of 'Dear Princess Celestia. Today I found this book! I think you'll like it!', then gets into the book. About halfway through, say, the third chapter, it flips back to (say) Scootaloo, who is trying to write a story and has decided to do it about Twilight Sparkle. However, the story is actually about Twilight writing that story about Scootaloo.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: October 18, 2011, 01:14:37 am »

So... fanfiception?

How many 'layers' of story do you plan to add?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 283