Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434619 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #3720 on: October 16, 2011, 04:15:48 pm »

A SS13 crossover? I would read it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: October 16, 2011, 04:18:07 pm »

I like thinking it would sort of turn out like District 9.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: October 16, 2011, 05:34:08 pm »

Hey guys, do any of you know some good tearjerking fanfics? 'Cause I'd like to read one and see if I can cry for some fictional ponies, for the better.
Fallout Equestria?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't use The Stare if you like your sanity, Fluttershy.
Fluttershy would never use it for her own sake, not in a situation like that, her alone with that thing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: October 16, 2011, 05:49:31 pm »

I just thought about an Iji/MLP cross.

Why? ???

This thought makes no sense whatsoever but I want to see where it leads... possibly the burn ward.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: October 16, 2011, 06:08:09 pm »

MLP should be crossovered with anything and everything, simply because it's so ridiculous. "I, Robot" in pony-verse would be fun. I wonder if the Three Laws would be different for pony-bots?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: October 16, 2011, 06:13:40 pm »

Scootadeath.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: October 16, 2011, 06:26:50 pm »

I think a crossover with Vernor Vinge's A Fire Upon the Deep/Deepness in the Sky verse would be interesting. Stick Equestria somewhere in the Slow Zone, and have them visited by traders. Alternatively, put them in the High Beyond, with Celestia and Luna in actuality being remarkable stable transcendent beings that maintained a vested interest in their homeworld.

Another idea, which could be done purely for the sake of creating a massive superfandom: Touhou/MLP.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: October 16, 2011, 06:36:17 pm »

Actually, I believe the best crossover is already being made on these here forums. My Little Fortress. Kindness, Friendship, and enough spinning blade traps to slice an Ursa Major to ribbons.

Speaking of which, Ursa Major leather ribbons. I should probably go see if that's possible in the mod.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: October 16, 2011, 06:38:31 pm »

Another idea, which could be done purely for the sake of creating a massive superfandom: Touhou/MLP.
There are already comparisons and crossovers (mainly pics) between Touhou and MLP. I've even heard MLP described as "America's Touhou."

A pony doing danmaku would be pretty awesome, though. I wonder what kind of spell card Twilight would use.

[Love Sign] Friendship is Magic, perhaps?
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: October 16, 2011, 06:55:07 pm »

There are already comparisons and crossovers (mainly pics) between Touhou and MLP. I've even heard MLP described as "America's Touhou."

A pony doing danmaku would be pretty awesome, though. I wonder what kind of spell card Twilight would use.

[Love Sign] Friendship is Magic, perhaps?

Yeah, I've seen quite a bit of those. I was talking more along the lines of an actual fanfic.

And regarding spell cards, I've just been thinking about how awesome Octavia's would be.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: October 16, 2011, 06:56:07 pm »

I just watched the third episode again, specifically thinking about the points brought up in this thread earlier. Honestly, I'm a bit relieved to say that I think it's not that bad. A few points about out-of-character-ness:

• The Dash tearing down Applejack's barn: I think that Applejack asked Dash since she knew how fun she'd think it was. To AJ, it was just work that needed to be done, while she knew that RD would think it'd be fun, and get it done faster.
  • Fluttershy and Pinkie pie being out of character: I don't think they were that much out of character. Pinkie Pie only gets a few lines in the episode, and precious little time for any antics (that's left to Spike, since he's a natural tagalong in an episode about Twi), so I don't think she was out of character, she just had a minor role. Fluttershy is only shy when she's nervous, scared of something or when she is experiencing something new. When she knows what she's doing she's quite competent (see her treatment of Philomena) and I think that's what happened in this episode. Obviously, she's at least a competent chiropractor.
  • Celestia being angry upset with Twilight: I don't think this is strange at all. She gave Twilight the task of studying friendship in season one specifically for the reason that she should understand it, and when Twilight shows that she does, in fact, not understand that Celestia, while being her teacher/mentor also considers herself a friend of Twilight. I think that this caught her by surprise, making her overreact for a moment. Notice how she's calm and collected again just a few seconds later? I second the motion that she just rolled with the whole 'Twi's punishment' thing as it came up, she never had any intention to punish her, it was just a good opportunity to dispense some wisdom to all of the mane six.
I do agree that Rarity was preety out of character at some points. She actually acts that way when under a lot of pressure (cf. Suited for Success), but not about every little problem.

On the crossover side of the discussion, I think some Jules Verne/MLP crossovers would be awesome, specifically a Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea crossover would be amazing. Just imagine how cool Cpt Nemo would be as a pony! Other books of his also have serious potential: From the Earth to the Moon, Around the world in Eighty days, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, The mysterious Island... There are just so many possibilities. :o
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:59:01 pm by Silfurdreki »
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: October 16, 2011, 08:12:39 pm »

Christ's sakes, why does everybody seem to think that this episode is some kind of clue as to what the entirety of the show is going to be like post-Faust?
Besides, this face is the best face:

E: Aaaand I just noticed they forgot her horn.  Derrrp.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: October 16, 2011, 08:22:38 pm »

They didn't forget her horn. You just don't want to know where it is. (Look closely and you can see just a bit of it under the nest.)

That reminds me, in the scene where Twilight was trying to help Rarity, Twilight was putting her hoof to her chest. It made a small "clop."
Clopping is canon. As terrifying as that is.
Nothing important here, move along.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: October 16, 2011, 08:25:54 pm »

crossover

I can think of a lot of crossovers and things that would be awesome. Stories, music videos, poems, lots of stuff:

* The Hobbit, ponified - I posted about this a couple dozen pages back. There's a suprisingly good correlation between MLP and The Hobbit characters.

* Quoth the Pinkie, Forever! - Would take some skill to pull this off, though. The Raven is remarkably complex, and the rhyme scheme would be non-trivial to reproduce.

* Pony Daikazoku - Also posted about this previously. Somebody really should do this.

* Daft Pony - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger with ponies.

* Luna, Luna, Luna yay! - Misheard lyrics version of Dragoste Din Tei. (The numa numa song.) Seriously, why has this not been done?

Here's an example

Use lyrics/images like this:

Luna, hiii!! (Luna giggling)
Luna, who? (Luna angrily pointing to herself)
Luna, ho! (Luna looking shocked with indignation)
Luna, haha! (Luna, laughing)
Luna, hiii!! (Luna laughing)
Luna, who? (Luna holding a sign with the text "Luna" and an arrow pointing to herself)
Luna, ho! (Luna standing on a rock holding the sword of Thundera above her head)
Luna, haha! (Luna, in the pointing pose of Nelson from the Simpson's)

Hello! (Luna happily waving)
Salute! (Luna mimicking Rainbow Dash's salute)
She'll tell (Luna in a Japanese schoolgirl's uniform looking naughty)
Und high duke (Luna dressed in a SS outfit giving a nazi salute)
She's the rogue (Luna in a ninja outfit, or dressed like Rogue from X-men)
You be the mare who (Luna looking suave)
vanquished, Celestia (Luna marching, Celestia on ground vanquished, Lunar republic banners flying in background)

Come on, this is easy and obvious. Why hasn't anyone done this?

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: October 16, 2011, 09:46:14 pm »

Oh my gods, what is this?
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 283