Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 435236 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #2070 on: September 06, 2011, 08:13:23 am »

I have to say, I haven't read THAT fanfic.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: September 06, 2011, 08:33:24 am »

I ain't even waiting.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: September 06, 2011, 08:38:32 am »

Holy shit, I think it might actually work this time. Not that anyone seems to like the style, but at least I can say it's effectively complete.

Hopefully final link to my little personal trial:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w2lF1bySlCiItqqi4eGvmm7XSyEYpLUDDS2UY6LRjm0/edit?hl=en_US

Now I can go back to lurking and occasionally posting when I think I can add something only marginally useful to the conversation!

Good work bashing out 15 pages of OC. Have you found an editor? It looks like this is your original work only.
The 'editors' were the poor people who I've asked to read it and give me tips. Other than their numerous valuable suggestions, it's all mine.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: September 06, 2011, 04:23:24 pm »

11 days? Start the countdown to awesome.

I'm just going to toss out all the (presentable) crossovers a google search got me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take a guess on what I searched... I bet you won't get it. /blatant lie

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: September 06, 2011, 04:31:43 pm »

So, I just happened to find this on my TV guide last night.
Apparently it's originally recorded in HD, but I could only find it on an SD station, so I get pillared letterbox on my HDTV :/
Regardless, I have it set up to record every episode that hasn't already been recorded :V
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 06, 2011, 04:33:37 pm »

Jay, how rude of you to say that you found it on TV, but not let on what channel. (And what country you live in!)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 06, 2011, 05:40:21 pm »

Well, it plays on Treehouse in Canada.

Which is the channel for babbies, of course.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 06, 2011, 05:42:29 pm »

In the 'States it plays on The Hub, but I'll guess any US brony worth his salt would know that.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 06, 2011, 06:35:24 pm »

bwahahahaha

I'm still not buying the game, though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: September 06, 2011, 06:56:04 pm »

That leads me to a question. Does ED have an RSS feed or similar functionality that I just haven't been able to find, or should I just bookmark it and check daily?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 06, 2011, 07:36:08 pm »

In the 'States it plays on The Hub, but I'll guess any US brony worth his salt would know that.

Speaking of which, has anybody else noticed a similarity between HUB's station identification music and the opening riff from the heavy metal song "Jack the World" by GWAR?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: September 06, 2011, 09:28:23 pm »

I just had a thought. Wouldn't it be terrible if a somepony's cutie mark reflected some embarassing (yet, obviously, significant) aspect of their personality that they would rather not advertise to the world? Like if it was a line of coke or a forty or a bunch of adult toys?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 06, 2011, 09:37:30 pm »

I just had a thought. Wouldn't it be terrible if a somepony's cutie mark reflected some embarassing (yet, obviously, significant) aspect of their personality that they would rather not advertise to the world? Like if it was a line of coke or a forty or a bunch of adult toys?
Well, then obviously their special talent would be bulky clothes that cover cutie marks.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 06, 2011, 09:40:28 pm »

Or it was something trademarked, and they keep getting sued.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: September 06, 2011, 09:42:54 pm »

Or it was something trademarked, and they keep getting sued.

If it was something trademarked, I'm sure that there would be some sort of exception made. On the one hand, you don't choose your cutie-mark, and ponies seem, generally speaking, to be understanding. On the other, free advertising!
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 283