Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 435406 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #1995 on: September 02, 2011, 01:56:45 pm »

Hoo, boy, I can't tell what Nyx this is supposed to be.

I think that that user name may actually be a refrence to the ancient grecian goddess, rather than the MLP character, especially given that the MLP character isn't even official.
I was thinking that too, but this being the internet I can't be sure.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 03, 2011, 09:51:23 am »

Very cute art by a very talented Deviant:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
http://csimadmax.deviantart.com/

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 03, 2011, 12:04:15 pm »

Personally when I see Nyx I still think of the Persona 3 Final boss.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 03, 2011, 12:11:09 pm »

I think of Garth, myself.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 03, 2011, 12:16:24 pm »

This is pretty cool. The Art of the Dress parody around the middle facing towards the end makes me feel uneasy, but it's great.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 04, 2011, 03:23:21 am »

Okay. I've had another idea, dammit. So this is my second fanfiction idea, to be reserved until later.

40k universe pre-Heresy. Two Primarchs still to be found. Emperor detects the trace of a primarch. Corruption by the warp has changed him. He is now a she, and she is now two. Other visible traits of mutation remain. An animal like hide, hooves, a horn, a tail, even wings.....
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 04, 2011, 06:49:39 am »

Because of this thread i like my little ponies
I am a brony now
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: September 04, 2011, 09:11:46 am »

http://askberrypnuch.tumblr.com/post/9776666276/hey-tumblr-heard-you-like-blowjobs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Okay. I've had another idea, dammit. So this is my second fanfiction idea, to be reserved until later.

40k universe pre-Heresy. Two Primarchs still to be found. Emperor detects the trace of a primarch. Corruption by the warp has changed him. He is now a she, and she is now two. Other visible traits of mutation remain. An animal like hide, hooves, a horn, a tail, even wings.....
If only I knew anything about 40k so I could catch whatever you're talking about. ::)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 04, 2011, 09:15:25 am »

Because of this thread i like my little ponies
I am a brony now
Welcome to the cult... err, herd. :D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 04, 2011, 09:16:50 am »

While I am not specifically a brony I must ask advice. Because of this show, my almost fully grown male friend bought one My Little Pony action figure and posts pictures of it doing things on Facebook regularly. Should I be worried?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 04, 2011, 09:18:50 am »

While I am not specifically a brony I must ask advice. Because of this show, my almost fully grown male friend bought one My Little Pony action figure and posts pictures of it doing things on Facebook regularly. Should I be worried?
I would say... No. Someone may truly like the show that much but still be perfectly fine, like those geeks people who put on costumes of superheroes and go to conventions every year.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 04, 2011, 09:20:39 am »

I would say... No. Someone may truly like the show that much but still be perfectly fine, like those geeks people who put on costumes of superheroes and go to conventions every year.

This is a good point and the latter example is the general sort of thing even I have been guilty of a few times.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 04, 2011, 09:21:29 am »

Only one figure? He needs the whole set.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 04, 2011, 09:29:26 am »

Personally I'm worried about the quality of the official action figures. I saw a Twilight Sparkle action figure in a store the other day and I had to read the label on the box to tell that it was Twilight Sparkle.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 04, 2011, 09:36:10 am »

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 283