Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 435412 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #1980 on: September 01, 2011, 02:47:08 pm »

It's not like it's the only clopfic starring foals. I've seen a few starring the CMC, whether individually or together, and I heard about one involving Dinky Doo. Welcome to the internet, people.

Since that's not adding much good to discussion, I will add that I've already read the fanfiction, and the first time I read it was on a sadfic binge, and that it was one of the less sad sadfics I read.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 01, 2011, 04:14:45 pm »

Off the current topic, what do you guys think of crossovers? Do you have any favorites, do you hate them, like them, what?

I personally don't care for the fanfic crossovers. I like when people draw crossovers, though, especially some of the Dead Space ones.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 01, 2011, 05:01:21 pm »

On a different note, here's a clean idea for a fanfiction, or possibly a series of fanfictions (BTW, I probably won't use this idea myself, so feel free to steal it):

A fanfiction set in an evil alternate universe, where Nightmare Moon is in charge, and Twilight Sparkle writes reports to her on why it is better to be feared than loved.
Else it'll probably seem like a super villain parody, starring Special Agent Sparkle and comrades putting down dissent and goodwill among the pony folk.

Also, somebody would probably get turned into glue.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 01, 2011, 06:14:45 pm »

I've seen sadder sadfics. One where dragons are immortal (so no seeing Twilight or the others in the afterlife), and one in which there is no afterlife.

As for crossovers, I'm writing a MLP/40k one. Was tempted to write a 50k or even a 60k, but you need to have the 40k base so all the stuff getting worse is understandable.

Oh, and even in the 40k one, when you die...you get recycled.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 01, 2011, 06:23:49 pm »

Oh my gods yes

So, I hang out with some friends after my classes in the student lounge. We hang out, talk, play Magic and Chess and Yu-Gi-Oh (I'm not a fan of the last one, but others are, so why not?)
So, I borrow a Yu-Gi-Oh deck to play with the other guys, and I am told that when I play Celestia, I have to say 'I summon Queen Celestia!' I looked at my friend, and another friend corrects him, saying "It's Princess Celestia."
My friends are bronies. I have never been happier before in my life.

EDIT:
As for crossovers, I tend to like them only if I liked the material that MLP is being crossed with, which is understandable.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 01, 2011, 06:36:30 pm »

I have an drawing class this semester, and I think for one of the assignments I'm gonna draw a pony just to see what my classmate's reactions are.

I think one of the girls there is a total geek since she semi-squee'd at a ninja turtle drawing I did, and knew exactly which version of gameboy that I drew for a different assignment.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 01, 2011, 06:54:50 pm »

Off the current topic, what do you guys think of crossovers? Do you have any favorites, do you hate them, like them, what?

I personally don't care for the fanfic crossovers. I like when people draw crossovers, though, especially some of the Dead Space ones.

Fallout Equestria is everything a great crossover should be. I love it.

I'm also writing a Halo MLP crossover, but after setting up the circumstances to allow it, I'm having trouble moving forward. Meh, I'll work on it whenever.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 01, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »

After getting over my writer's block, I've been able to do a bit of work on my fanfic.

Here it is in it's current form:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w2lF1bySlCiItqqi4eGvmm7XSyEYpLUDDS2UY6LRjm0/edit?hl=en_US

Any suggestions to improve it (even information on grammatical or other errors) will be greatly appreciated. It's got the frame down, but I'm willing to work to make it better.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 01, 2011, 09:17:31 pm »

Wow, that Pony Space author is great.
"Okay," he tried to reassure himself, "it'll be fine. I'm fine."

"I don't think so."

He felt a pair of hands close around his throat, tight and unyielding, choking the air out of him while his head was jerked upwards to once again stare at the mirror, his whole body lifted off the ground. He saw himself, no, his human self, emerged halfway through the mirror and looking at him with an expression of complete repugnance and glass-eyed insanity.

"Our diseased brain brought us into a world of magical talking ponies. Does that sound… fine to you?"
Feels like I'm watching a cutscene from Dead Space  :P
or a diary of a crazy brony
"Hey! How did I become the bad pony here? I didn't lie, I really was coming here to read. I didn't know Princess Luna would be waiting for me. She said she needed a friend for the night and one thing led to another…."

"Twilight, you didn't? In the forest… all three of you?" Pinkie was absolutely mortified, "And I thought Dashy was the daring one!"

"No Pinkie, not like that." Twilight could not believe she had gotten herself into this mess. "We were actually; well, it's complicated."

"We've got time to spare," Spike crossed his arms, "and I'd rather hear it from you before Celestia announces the wedding is tomorrow."
He plays with all sorts of fanon and places strategic references several times, I love it.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 01, 2011, 10:42:15 pm »

After getting over my writer's block, I've been able to do a bit of work on my fanfic.

Here it is in it's current form:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w2lF1bySlCiItqqi4eGvmm7XSyEYpLUDDS2UY6LRjm0/edit?hl=en_US

Any suggestions to improve it (even information on grammatical or other errors) will be greatly appreciated. It's got the frame down, but I'm willing to work to make it better.

I'm currently reading The Empty Room, but once I'm done I'll take a look at yours. And then I'll hunt down this Dead Space crossover, seeing as it comes so highly recommended :P

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 01, 2011, 11:10:31 pm »

Wow, that Pony Space author is great.
"Okay," he tried to reassure himself, "it'll be fine. I'm fine."

"I don't think so."

He felt a pair of hands close around his throat, tight and unyielding, choking the air out of him while his head was jerked upwards to once again stare at the mirror, his whole body lifted off the ground. He saw himself, no, his human self, emerged halfway through the mirror and looking at him with an expression of complete repugnance and glass-eyed insanity.

"Our diseased brain brought us into a world of magical talking ponies. Does that sound… fine to you?"
Feels like I'm watching a cutscene from Dead Space  :P
or a diary of a crazy brony
"Hey! How did I become the bad pony here? I didn't lie, I really was coming here to read. I didn't know Princess Luna would be waiting for me. She said she needed a friend for the night and one thing led to another…."

"Twilight, you didn't? In the forest… all three of you?" Pinkie was absolutely mortified, "And I thought Dashy was the daring one!"

"No Pinkie, not like that." Twilight could not believe she had gotten herself into this mess. "We were actually; well, it's complicated."

"We've got time to spare," Spike crossed his arms, "and I'd rather hear it from you before Celestia announces the wedding is tomorrow."
He plays with all sorts of fanon and places strategic references several times, I love it.

Links to source?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 02, 2011, 07:40:45 am »

Links to source?
Gladly.

Gotta warn you, it's kind of a gorefic at times, being a Dead Space crossover and all.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 02, 2011, 07:45:15 am »

Links to source?
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6933825/1/Pony_Space

Skimmed it, it's a crossover Dead Space/MLP. Don't know the former franchise so wasn't that interested.

EDIT: Ninja'd

I recommend, in no particular order:

Arddun Lleuad (Luna/Human Romance)
The Cough (Grimdark, already linked previously, and it was totally Pinkie)
Ditzy Doo: Muffins (Ditzy backstory, Drama, Dr Whooves references)
A Precious Rainbow (Cupcakes inspired Grimdark series based on an alternate ending, later episodes contain Rainbow Dash/Applejack shipping)
Blood, Sweat and Tears (Applejack backstory, Sadfic)
Simply Rarity (Rarity backstory, Sadfic)
Rarity's Rodeo (From the same author of the above two, arguably the best written, Humor)
It's Always Sunny in Fillydelphia (Applejack/Soarin Romance)
Sweet Apple Capers (Pinky Humor, one of the few well written Pinky perspective fanfics I've read that weren't Grimdark)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:48:02 am by Jimmy »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 02, 2011, 01:50:42 pm »

Hoo, boy, I can't tell what Nyx this is supposed to be.

I think that that user name may actually be a refrence to the ancient grecian goddess, rather than the MLP character, especially given that the MLP character isn't even official.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 283