Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434998 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #795 on: July 10, 2011, 08:54:23 am »

Instead, have a video series about ponies being forced to have slumber parties by Equestrian Big Brother, getting drunk and inadvertently conspiring to poison Ponyville, and doing illegal things with spacetime to exile creatures from existence.

I love how people find something weird/grimdark from something so innocent.  ;D
However, when people come up with their completely own stuff I usually fail to be amused. I'm no fan of fanfiction, especially when its nothing like the base product.

Also, I quess that its better to have disagreements about shows community rather than the actual program.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 10, 2011, 09:01:55 am »

...and doing illegal things with spacetime...

I don't know about the creatures bit, but I'm pretty sure Pinkie Pie is guilty of this in canon.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:04:12 am by Lightning4 »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 10, 2011, 09:27:51 am »

funny thing about that, breaking the laws of physics isn't actually illegal anywhere.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 10, 2011, 06:51:46 pm »

Chapter 30 is out...

Know what surprises me even more?  An animated comic is in the making now.  Has there ever been so much fan... extras/stuff, for a lack of better term, of a fanfic ever?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 11, 2011, 10:44:53 am »

/b/ did NOT come up with the term brony.

The show itself did, in the original preview trailer for the series (and much of the advertising that followed), where any male my little pony was called a brony. Even if 4-chan didn't exist, such an obvious nickname to extend to male fans would have happened (and actually DID happen on MLP fanboards before-hand.)

It may be the term is even older and has been around for a wild, I don't know, but it was the previews and promotional materials using it to refer to males that led to its creation and adoption as a nickname for male fans.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 11, 2011, 12:31:28 pm »

/b/ did NOT come up with the term brony.

The show itself did, in the original preview trailer for the series (and much of the advertising that followed), where any male my little pony was called a brony. Even if 4-chan didn't exist, such an obvious nickname to extend to male fans would have happened (and actually DID happen on MLP fanboards before-hand.)

It may be the term is even older and has been around for a wild, I don't know, but it was the previews and promotional materials using it to refer to males that led to its creation and adoption as a nickname for male fans.

/b/ did, however, come up with /b/rony, and a good portion of the new fans came from there.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 11, 2011, 02:05:53 pm »

I call bull**** on glyph.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 11, 2011, 02:12:38 pm »

I call bull**** on glyph.

"video or it didn't happen"?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 12, 2011, 01:16:16 am »

After a whole day of wasted time in Paint:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually, what I really want to do is ask a question.
Does anyone know where to get pics, done in vector style and with transparent background?

I've mostly done these by cutting them out, and I spent around 15 minutes on one. Would be infinitely easier if I had that already done.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 12, 2011, 02:18:01 am »

Several artists on deviantart do that, I believe.

Here's some I found with a random google image search.

I don't think there's any large repository with a bunch of different poses and such, though.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 12, 2011, 02:35:55 am »

Several artists on deviantart do that, I believe.

Here's some I found with a random google image search.

I don't think there's any large repository with a bunch of different poses and such, though.

Why thanks. The link you gave was pretty bare, but I did manage to find MLP Vector Club with your help, which is pretty much everything I need.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 12, 2011, 05:46:09 am »

As much as I hate Equestria Daily, they have new info on S2.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/interview-jayson-thiessen-friendship-is.html

The interviewee is Jayson Thiessen, Director of MLP:FiM

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 12, 2011, 07:08:02 am »

Yeah I saw that. Allays a lot of my fears; I was worried it'd either devolve into sparkly crap with no substance like stereotypical little kids shows, or do the opposite and get bogged down in story arcs.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 283