Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434794 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2011, 11:54:39 am »

Wow, I just caught something kind of cool in the original episode - when twilight is researching the elements of magic at the beginning (4:45), she walks in front of a big hourglass. A normal pony statue in the back, when viewed through the hourglass, becomes none other than Nightmare Moon!

It's barely there for a second, and very subtle, but kind of cool!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 23, 2011, 12:14:54 pm »

Well hot damn, yer right
*Hugs*

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 23, 2011, 12:18:17 pm »

Wow, I just caught something kind of cool in the original episode - when twilight is researching the elements of magic at the beginning (4:45), she walks in front of a big hourglass. A normal pony statue in the back, when viewed through the hourglass, becomes none other than Nightmare Moon!

It's barely there for a second, and very subtle, but kind of cool!
Hah, that's awesome. Nice find.

I've made it into a image for anyone too lazy to rewatch The Mare in the Moon episode.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd by TMoM. And the stupid forum didn't even notify me like it usually does.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 23, 2011, 01:42:22 pm »

An Open Reply to My Little Pony people:

I am posting in this thread because one of my friends has suddenly began to call himself a "Broney", and is demanding that I "Join the herd." He also constantly talks about this show and has all the characters memorized. I wish you all to know that I am now taking this show's memetic status personally for infecting people in my life, and will be over to stab you in an act of petty revenge as soon as I am able.

Severely injuring you soon,
MetalSlimeHunt
That is.... hilarious and... sad? Nah, just hilarious that people would do that.

Metal, you should read the Fallout/My Little Pony fanfic first. Then you can decide whether or not it is worth it to stab us.

Also I have read all the chapters. It is not finished. D:
I hope its close at least, I'm gonna need some goddamn closure for this.
I think I'd be disappointed if it just totally winded down to 'fin' after the death of a singular pony... 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 23, 2011, 03:17:51 pm »

I am posting in this thread because one of my friends has suddenly began to call himself a "Broney", and is demanding that I "Join the herd." He also constantly talks about this show and has all the characters memorized. I wish you all to know that I am now taking this show's memetic status personally for infecting people in my life, and will be over to stab you in an act of petty revenge as soon as I am able.

MetalSlimeHunt
Go on.

In other pony-related news... yeah, I dunno. Lemme dig some content up.

Oh yeah, someone did the exact idea I had a while back. Early bird gets the worm, I guess.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 23, 2011, 04:06:17 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt
Go on.
Given that a drawn out "Go on." and "Come at me bro." are both phrases that my pony-infected friend uses all the time, I'd suspect you of covertly being him if I didn't know better. That said, if I don't know better and that really is you, I shall inflict great suffering upon you next we speak.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 23, 2011, 09:32:28 pm »

Here's a Heavy Weapons Pie because Holyfuck, TF2 went free and the whole Internet is in flames!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:36:02 pm by FunctionZero »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 23, 2011, 10:26:14 pm »

I am currently trying to indoctrinate my group of friends into this show. Even if every subsequent season of this sucks, this thing's going down in cartoon history as something incredibly good.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 23, 2011, 10:32:29 pm »

I have a feeling its not going to suck for no reason though. I mean, why would it sudden start being crap?

Still, it is possibility.

Also, MetalSlime, you could always watch the show you know!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 23, 2011, 11:16:08 pm »

-INHALE-

My story FINALLY POSTED.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 23, 2011, 11:22:03 pm »

I would sooner drink salted razor blades.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 24, 2011, 04:23:23 am »

I would sooner drink salted razor blades.
Pff. You're just afraid. But of what, I wonder?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pjoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 24, 2011, 04:34:09 am »

I have a feeling its not going to suck for no reason though. I mean, why would it sudden start being crap?

No more Lauren Faust as executive producer. Still, most of the writers are the same. I believe it will still be good.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 24, 2011, 07:01:45 am »

So, i was intrigued by all the fuss around this cartoon and decided, in a moment of boredom, to check it out.

At first i wasn't too impressed but as i watched more episodes i realised that it was actually enjoyable.

My favorite ponies are fluttershy, because she's just so sweet, pinkie pie because... just.. you know, it's pinkie pie ! ^^

And twilight sparkle, cuz she's kinda geeky or whatever, and i can relate ^^.

Not that i'm the n°1 fan or anything, right ? it's just a silly light hearted show and it's cool too sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:21:15 am by Sirian »

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 24, 2011, 01:00:33 pm »

No more Lauren Faust as executive producer. Still, most of the writers are the same. I believe it will still be good.

Not to mention Lauren already oversaw the entire creation of season 2.

But yes, the team is the same and there's a hell of a lot more than just Lauren with a commitment to the show.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 283