Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434809 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #525 on: May 25, 2011, 10:58:45 am »

http://sinsofasolarempire.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Ponies
I think SoaSE has you beat by a few years. And yes, that is a real in-game achievement.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 25, 2011, 01:45:38 pm »

At first I was like "you bunch of little man-childs are watching a show meant for elementary school girls", now I'm like "Okay, gotta screen this for age appropriateness. Every single episode. Tonight." I have a two-year-old girl sitting on my lap when I watch most TV, and this is beating the little furry pants off of Curious George. What's your excuse?

Also I might switch my avatar to Apple Jack. Did you guys realize she's named after freeze-distilled cider?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 25, 2011, 02:15:20 pm »

I don't have an excuse.

The ponies are adorable, the show makes me smile, and the show is just well made.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 25, 2011, 02:54:49 pm »

http://sinsofasolarempire.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Ponies
I think SoaSE has you beat by a few years. And yes, that is a real in-game achievement.
Years? That'd be... Gen 3. *skies darken, thunder rolls*

At first I was like "you bunch of little man-childs are watching a show meant for elementary school girls", now I'm like "Okay, gotta screen this for age appropriateness. Every single episode. Tonight."
Alot of people think that way... I think.
But if it was just men being girly, why has it only started recently?  As far as I'm aware, there wasn't quite such a large male fanbase for previous generations of the franchise.

I have a two-year-old girl sitting on my lap when I watch most TV, and this is beating the little furry pants off of Curious George. What's your excuse?
Excusing myself from watching the show would imply there was something wrong with enjoying it in the first place.

Also I might switch my avatar to Apple Jack. Did you guys realize she's named after freeze-distilled cider?
I'd be surprised if anyone hadn't really. I believe that one of her distant relatives is called Appletini in the first episode.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 25, 2011, 02:57:22 pm »

I have a two-year-old girl sitting on my lap when I watch most TV, and this is beating the little furry pants off of Curious George. What's your excuse?
Excusing myself from watching the show would imply there was something wrong with enjoying it in the first place.

Right on, my brony. *hoof-five*

But on topic, I don't think I've been waiting this hard for the new season of a TV Show, let alone a cartoon, in ages.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 25, 2011, 03:02:03 pm »

I'm a 16 year old girl is my excuse.

And I've got to agree with Soli, my want button has been mashed to uselessness.
*Hugs*

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 25, 2011, 03:45:11 pm »

No signature because it gets in the way.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 25, 2011, 04:42:49 pm »

-snip-
Oh? What's all this then?
It's Aurora. :)

-snip-

What's up with an ideal temperature of -76.7 °C? Sounds a bit cold for ponies if you ask me. :P
It was my first time playing and I couldn't figure out how to change the planet's temperature.

No signature because it gets in the way.
What?

EDIT:
Here's the full version of the race image, in case you're interested.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:46:06 pm by Jack_Bread »

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 25, 2011, 04:53:48 pm »

But on topic, I don't think I've been waiting this hard for the new season of a TV Show, let alone a cartoon, in ages.

This, so very much this. The only thing I'm reluctant with regarding ponies is drawing fan art when someone is watching.

EDIT:
Here's the full version of the race image, in case you're interested.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At first I wondered why that pony had a hoof in its mouth, but then I realised it's the oxygen tube.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 25, 2011, 05:33:20 pm »

This, so very much this. The only thing I'm reluctant with regarding ponies is drawing fan art when someone is watching.

I'm joining the herd, aren't I. Fuck, I might as well. I've got sixteen more years with two women in the house I'll have to relate to.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 25, 2011, 05:45:01 pm »

I'm joining the herd, aren't I. Fuck, I might as well. I've got sixteen more years with two women in the house I'll have to relate to.
You might be able to get away with claiming that you passively enjoy the show and have no knowledge of knowing about it's cult-status.

Either way, if that's the way you feel then I guess I'm honour bound to offer you your first bro-hoof and some complimentary hugs.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 25, 2011, 06:34:35 pm »

At first I was like "you bunch of little man-childs are watching a show meant for elementary school girls", now I'm like "Okay, gotta screen this for age appropriateness. Every single episode. Tonight." I have a two-year-old girl sitting on my lap when I watch most TV, and this is beating the little furry pants off of Curious George. What's your excuse?

Well, personally I tell people that I found out about the show because it has a cult following on he forum for the world's most violent videogame; Or at least I would, if it ever came up.

Not just cider, hard cider. It always strikes me as humorous that we have things like cartoon characters and breakfast cereals named after liquors.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 27, 2011, 09:57:58 am »

Newbie drawing month, arranged by Equestria Daily! Day 1!

I'm going to try and make every single one of these. What do you mean, "overextending"? Are there anyone else who will join in on this event?

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2011, 02:53:24 pm »

I'm going to try and make every single one of these. What do you mean, "overextending"? Are there anyone else who will join in on this event?

Awesome! Count me in, after I missed so many of the things I wanted to submit to bay12 I really should get back to drawing...

On a sidenote--I'm kinda new to the whole pony hype. I get that Derpy Hooves' name has been coined by the fanbase, as has the term "bronies". What about Dr. Whooves, is his name canon? And what's with the cupcakes thing?

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 27, 2011, 03:28:08 pm »

Awesome! Count me in, after I missed so many of the things I wanted to submit to bay12 I really should get back to drawing...

On a sidenote--I'm kinda new to the whole pony hype. I get that Derpy Hooves' name has been coined by the fanbase, as has the term "bronies". What about Dr. Whooves, is his name canon? And what's with the cupcakes thing?
Pretty much all the background characters' names are fanon. And Cupcakes is a famous fanfic about Pinkie Pie making cupcakes out of her friends; I'll spare you the details.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 283