Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434559 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2011, 02:18:41 pm »

This feels like a huge mistake, but I'm going to give it a try.

Every ounce of testosterone in my body is rebelling against the idea.

Every fibre of my manhood is crying in shame.
Pffft.
Everyone's going "OH GOD IT'S SO UNMANLY." Once you see it, you'll realise it's actually the opposite.

Also, Lumbajak, I had to click that link before I realised that I'd already seen it elsewhere. The dark link didn't give me any clues before hand! Heh.
Still; I have no idea what that it or why that video exists. As far as I know that's just someone showing off that they have a rendering system. Is there anything else said about it than that?

Part of me feels that it's ridiculous to feel that way, but a larger part of me grew up in the era of the original my little pony. The schism of boys and girls television. Somewhere deep inside there is a part of me that says it's taboo, that there is a huge social stigma against a boy watching a girl's cartoon. I've seen, felt, and regrettably even dealt out some of the ridicule involved in such a situation. It's not something easily ignored.
Even so, I like to think that, that sort of attitude, and behaviour wares off with age...Sometimes.
But, other than the people you tell, who knows about it?

The only part of this show that seems to hold any relevance with anything of the old MLP, would appear to be the opening of the theme song, but a few seconds in even that vanishes.

...If you've read the rest of this thread, it'll be pretty clear that the first and second episodes are pretty much a must-see.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2011, 09:13:43 pm »

Oh noes, it's a double post!
But, I do have reason for it, at least.

I've just watched episode 21. So much for willpower.
However, I've been watching it on YouTube, which is terribly unreliable in the way of current-ness, and, honestly, feels like a bit of a cheat.
This leaves me with a question, though. I live in Europe, specifically the UK...But it gets worse.
I'm not exactly rolling in money, which is the second most prominent problem here. The biggest is that I hate SKY, and will avoid using their services at all costs. However, there's no cable in this town, which means SKY doesn't have any competition.
Basically, to sum it all up, I can rarely get TV from the states, and when I do it's generally all rather old by that time.
So, to the actual question.. Well, really I'm just fishing for ideas of how to watch the show, preferably as quick and cheaply as possible, without leaving me feeling tacky too.
Anyone else in Europe here? How do you guys watch the show?
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2011, 09:55:11 pm »

the website for the show has the recent episodes.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2011, 10:42:34 pm »

Anyone else in Europe here? How do you guys watch the show?

Czech Republic here. I just download it via torrents. Since they're freely available on the website anyway, I don't see that as a problem.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 07, 2011, 10:43:51 pm »

I record it on my DVR, but if you check on Ponychan, there should be a post in /ep/ with links to live broadcasts of the new episodes as they come out.

That said, until "Hasbro" shut down MAST3RLINKX's channel, he usually had two 10-minute-ish rips of the episodes up day-of or shortly after, and had a 720p+ full-length rip up by Monday or early Tuesday.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:11 pm »

Yeah, they don't seem too bothered by people posting the videos all over the place, do they? I think it's because the show is largely merchandise-driven, so they figure the more people see it the better.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 07, 2011, 11:08:39 pm »

Except, they seem to be quite slack with the merchandise this time round from what I've heard.
I think that actually, it's because of demographic. We all know where the brand is aimed. Or, was until recently. If I'm right, they're leaving the videos up and not pushing to take them down, because taking them down would cost time and money, where as leaving them up gains them viewers in the 18-30 year old male demographic. Which is probably pretty profitable for them.

Japa and Sordid, you both say "The Website", like a decisive term. I remember hearing quite a lot about a website called "The Hub", but I'm not sure if that's what we're talking about here... Heck, I don't even know which network it's being made for.
Well, I guess I should go and investigate a bit. Though, I'm still curious as to which network it's on.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2011, 11:16:36 pm »

Japa and Sordid, you both say "The Website", like a decisive term. I remember hearing quite a lot about a website called "The Hub", but I'm not sure if that's what we're talking about here... Heck, I don't even know which network it's being made for.
Well, I guess I should go and investigate a bit. Though, I'm still curious as to which network it's on.

"The Website"

full episodes on the bottom.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 08, 2011, 03:44:44 am »

Generally I just watch them through this because it's consistent and isn't regionlocked or anything AFAIK.

And I download the 1080p episodes when they're available (Usually on the night of or day after they air)

And no one ever watches the episodes in order.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 08, 2011, 01:48:10 pm »

I was wondering how this series could be so good. Then I realized it was because the humor was funny, the art style quite good, and there was lots of said good humor.

Finished episode 21 the other day; been watching it through the youtube channel which put up th video on its knowyourmeme page. Full length episodes, although with a max quality of 360, so it really can't be viewed any larger than the default youtube video size.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 08, 2011, 02:15:00 pm »

I download the 1080p episodes when they're available

Oh? Where from?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 08, 2011, 03:59:59 pm »

Watched the first few.

Great art, entertaining. I expected that from the hype. Also educational and with great anti-depressant effects. Didn't expect that.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 08, 2011, 06:28:21 pm »

Watched the first few.

Great art, entertaining. I expected that from the hype. Also educational and with great anti-depressant effects. Didn't expect that.
Yeah. It's what's so great. After you've watched it, you're left buzzing... With the power of friendship!

...And, I ended up watching the new episode on YouTube. I couldn't dig anything else up. But oh well.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 08, 2011, 07:32:29 pm »

...And, I ended up watching the new episode on YouTube. I couldn't dig anything else up. But oh well.
Did you check my previous link?

I download the 1080p episodes when they're available

Oh? Where from?
tinyurl.com/mlpfimentos

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 08, 2011, 07:39:35 pm »

Oh that is excellent. Thank you very much.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 283