Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 435045 times)

reverseCentaur

• Bay Watcher
  • :/
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #840 on: July 17, 2011, 08:46:07 pm »

Yo dawg I heard you like adorable so I put adorable in your adorable so you can d'aw while you d'aw.

I swear, there's magic in that song. Enthralls me every time.
Great, and me a diabetic too.
So sweet I can't even form sentence properly.

I am so excited for the second season.
I'm 20 and what is this.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 17, 2011, 08:51:09 pm »

Have any of you read Cupcakes? It's a Pinkie Pie fanfic

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14lgUY7yfbooT5IT6miNNbPqSY_qLA9aiVMjsEpszePk/mobilebasic?hl=en

Really good, too.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 17, 2011, 09:15:58 pm »

Have any of you read Cupcakes? It's a Pinkie Pie fanfic

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14lgUY7yfbooT5IT6miNNbPqSY_qLA9aiVMjsEpszePk/mobilebasic?hl=en

Really good, too.

Nice bait you have there.  ;D

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 17, 2011, 10:56:13 pm »

People really need to stop trying to prank others with that crappy fanfic.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 18, 2011, 01:09:28 am »

Oh, if you read the sequel, you'll like both a lot more. Instead of just the Sweeney Todd routine, it brings in more of a Joker version. Complete with Apple Bloom as Harley Quin.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 18, 2011, 01:13:40 am »

I have to say I am a brony, not because I want to fuck a cartoon pony (I've been to a place were half the anti-brony arguement was built on that) but because I think the show is charming and is actually very good despite what anti-brony propoganda arguements would have you believe.

Those are places with trolls.
Those are places like this.

Note to self: Blockland forums are full of trolls, don't go there. ^_^

Edit: I ignored my own advice, of course. Forum has lots of assholes and trolls, but doesn't seem to be predominantly composed of them - its also just a very large forum, from the looks of it. Oddly large considering I've never heard of the game. It sort of reads like a mini-4-chan though, so not really surprised at high troll numbers.
Edit: Nevermind much worse than four chan, these have to be some of the most annoying posters I've ever read, without exception, wow.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:21:42 am by GlyphGryph »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 18, 2011, 01:56:48 am »

I have to say I am a brony, not because I want to fuck a cartoon pony (I've been to a place were half the anti-brony arguement was built on that) but because I think the show is charming and is actually very good despite what anti-brony propoganda arguements would have you believe.

Those are places with trolls.
Those are places like this.

Note to self: Blockland forums are full of trolls, don't go there. ^_^

Edit: I ignored my own advice, of course. Forum has lots of assholes and trolls, but doesn't seem to be predominantly composed of them - its also just a very large forum, from the looks of it. Oddly large considering I've never heard of the game. It sort of reads like a mini-4-chan though, so not really surprised at high troll numbers.
Edit: Nevermind much worse than four chan, these have to be some of the most annoying posters I've ever read, without exception, wow.
Eh, that forum was the first online community I ever really took seriously, being there for a long time teaches you to be able to tolerate sometimes the very scum of the internet.

You'll be very troll-resistant if you hang out there for a few years, you'll be light-years ahead of Ghost atleast  :P

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 18, 2011, 02:01:47 am »

I played TBM, a splinter mod group from Blockland... And even from there I deduced the original Blockland community was horrible, simply by the few crossover players.

And enough with the cupcakes fanfic; it was made pretty clear from the first post of it in this thread that no one particularly cares, and that, yes, all of us have heard of it months ago. The premise seems to have been designed with shockhorror in mind; however, even if you like that sort of thing, it was really poorly done. It left me thinking the writer was a creep, rather than any of the content being particularly creepy. tldr: poor quality fanfic made known due to an only partially delivered upon horror factor
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:09:29 am by alway »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 18, 2011, 02:03:17 am »

I played TBM, a splinter mod group from Blockland... And even from there I deduced the original Blockland community was horrible, simply by the few crossover players.

And enough with the cupcakes fanfic; it was made pretty clear from the first post of it in this thread that no one particularly cares, and that, yes, all of us have heard of it months ago.
The real forum pretty much all agreed that TBM sucked and was full of morons.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 18, 2011, 02:11:43 am »

And enough with the cupcakes fanfic; it was made pretty clear from the first post of it in this thread that no one particularly cares, and that, yes, all of us have heard of it months ago.
The real forum pretty much all agreed that TBM sucked and was full of morons.
Ya, that's also the impression I got, as those who did try it came over with similar sentiments until they found something really cool.

But in any case, we should probably wrap up this discussion or carry it elsewhere.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 18, 2011, 02:20:14 am »

Yeah, probably.

Also, assuming this is kind of the pony discussion topic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I got slightly depressed looking at that picture.  :(

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 18, 2011, 02:33:08 am »

I am so excited for the second season.
I'm 20 and what is this.

27 here.  :|

Working my way up towards management, saving for a house, but making sure to budget for ponies.  Yeah.  I feel so /adult/ these days and yet, ponies.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 18, 2011, 05:12:02 am »

Hey, no depressing rainbow dash allowed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, you're only ever really old when you think you're too old for stuff.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 18, 2011, 06:27:09 am »

And enough with the cupcakes fanfic; it was made pretty clear from the first post of it in this thread that no one particularly cares, and that, yes, all of us have heard of it months ago. The premise seems to have been designed with shockhorror in mind; however, even if you like that sort of thing, it was really poorly done. It left me thinking the writer was a creep, rather than any of the content being particularly creepy. tldr: poor quality fanfic made known due to an only partially delivered upon horror factor

I've used it to introduce quite a few people to the brony community.

And yeah, I like it. Sure, the first version needed a bit of grammar checking, but that's been fixed up in the updated version. And Silence of the Hares does a fair bit better characterisation than the first one. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I9mpyZltGIQJkjq8LAipckPWgDVg-1UBK8-Pr7YQqAk/mobilebasic?hl=en_US is where that can be found, so you can examine it for yourself.

And truth be told, I'd have probably stopped caring without the fanfiction, and this is the only one I've really liked.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 283