Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434798 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #735 on: July 02, 2011, 01:05:23 pm »

Cool story bro. Thanks for disregarding the rest of my post.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 02, 2011, 01:09:04 pm »

That's because the rest of it wasn't relevant. I heard somthing MLP related that was interesting (if annoying to me personally), I'm subscribed to this thread from the time I voiced my opinion on the show, but I figured since it wasn't posted here I'd tell you. That's all.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 02, 2011, 01:14:47 pm »

I've got to be honest with you, the fact that you're subscribed to a thread that annoys you only makes me feel my metaphors I used to describe you were apt.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 02, 2011, 01:17:09 pm »

I've got to be honest with you, my hatred of MLP is at least 90% fallacious or non-serious. Threads that I really, truly don't like I do stay away from.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 02, 2011, 01:21:07 pm »

I am satisfied with that reply.

... For some reason I keep reading over this reply and I can't make it seem non-sarcastic without emoticons that I don't want to use. So just don't read it as sarcastic. There.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 02, 2011, 02:38:39 pm »

Y'all just so flankhurt and saddlesore.

:P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:42:11 pm by Lumbajak »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 02, 2011, 03:42:01 pm »

Love you too, MSH. :P

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #742 on: July 02, 2011, 05:08:28 pm »

These ponies hit me like a professional athlete train that is comprised of piles of bricks.

There I was, minding my own business, going about my own life, no problems

Then Jude comes up and is like "Hay you should watch Ponies"

And I was like "later" then "later" then "later" then "not now" then finally "alright fine"

And now at least two of my browser tabs at any given moment are ponies-based, and I am hitting F5 quite frequently.

Confound these ponies, they drive me to ponies.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 02, 2011, 06:47:06 pm »

Anquestria
Angband + Ponies
I like.
(It's not done yet, though. I think they're looking for help, too.)

-snip-
Awesome! ;D

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 02, 2011, 09:42:58 pm »

After taking part in someone else's debate over the worth of this show, mostly by pointing out that without seeing it it's impossible to judge, I decided to follow a link to the first episode and give it a watch. I had to skip the theme music but otherwise it was on par with the other stuff by Lauren Faust. I like the animation and characterisation especially.

I'm going to suggest this to my little sister but am unlikely to watch more myself. Mostly this is because I find it hard to watch TV these days and I have plenty to catch up on. The main thing being all of Black Adder which I got on DVD a long while back. I finished series 1 (my least favourite) and haven't been in the mood for TV since.

Sad thing is my sister might refuse to watch it as her school friends mock each other for doing things perceived as childish, apparently they all still do childish things but keep quiet about it, though.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 03, 2011, 12:19:06 am »

Vattic, you are the epitome of the classic, "I tried it, but didn't like it much. Oh well."

And I commend you for it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 03, 2011, 02:01:51 am »

Dammit, season 2 needs to hurry up and come out already. I've watched the first season twice and need more ponies!

I refuse to read fanfiction, though. If I read something I like and it gets contradicted by the main show later, it'll be very jarring and I don't want that to happen.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 03, 2011, 04:00:50 am »

Dammit, season 2 needs to hurry up and come out already. I've watched the first season twice and need more ponies!

I refuse to read fanfiction, though. If I read something I like and it gets contradicted by the main show later, it'll be very jarring and I don't want that to happen.

Read Fallout: Equestria. Do it. Do it now!

Pjoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 03, 2011, 02:29:14 pm »

Pretty much the same. Apart from having watched the show three times(the first time, with a friend and again while commuting and having nothing really to do). Needs more seasons! And the DVD, needs the DVD, and ponies.... Needs ponies... Hasbro I want quality ponies! Let me give you my moneys! :(

Just somehow don't feel like reading the non-canon stuff, not with this show and not with much anything else. Even if the fanfic is very well written I just don't feel like those are the *real* characters. :/
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 283