Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434593 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #3750 on: October 17, 2011, 12:53:25 pm »

Personally, I think its a bit silly to be declaring doom and gloom on the Season two at episode three.

I mean honestly. While the plot was a bit weird, it was not a whole lot different than other cartoony episodes we've had. Ticket Master Comes to mind.

There are twenty six episodes this season. We've seen three. And now everyone is immediately deciding that after one episode, the series has jumped the shark. Come on guys.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: October 17, 2011, 01:01:55 pm »

Well the first two were pretty weak. Which is odd, given that the opener is how you draw your audience in. You want to make that as good as you can. And the best they could come up with was to have the exact same plot as the opener of the first season, except without the character development and with an ending in which the power of friendship doesn't lead to peaceful reconciliation but rather turns people into stone? That does not bode well.
On the other hand, I did like the third episode. It was weird and creepy as fuck, but I liked it.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: October 17, 2011, 01:04:40 pm »

Oh man, these molestia things are hilarious. Best worst thing to ever come out of your fandom.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:07:27 pm by Heliman »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: October 17, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »

The music really makes it.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #3754 on: October 17, 2011, 01:28:42 pm »

I too, liked Spike's actions in the newest episode.
And about Discord's fate, would you rather haved Discord turned into cutesy pony that says two lines and disappears to the next season? But more seriosly, unlike NMM, Discord's state was probably unchangeable.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: October 17, 2011, 01:48:30 pm »

Personally i liked the new episode.

However i hope they didn't make the entire season like this.
And it would be nice if those insanity faces weren't so... expressive.
It's like they were rubbing her insanity in your face and saying.
"See she's bonkers."
Well heall yeah she is!

I'f i didn't know the series i'd think she's going to kill someone and rape the body with her horn.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: October 17, 2011, 02:15:10 pm »

Yeah. I agree with the people hoping this isn't all of season 2.

I mean I personally enjoyed it, but if every episode was like this? Not so much.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: October 17, 2011, 02:19:17 pm »

Considering some of the plot synopses coming up, they're going to have a hard time doing the over-the-top stuff without completely ruining the ideas presented. Things will likely get toned down quite a bit.
Nothing important here, move along.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: October 17, 2011, 02:24:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: October 17, 2011, 02:40:55 pm »

Y'know, Spike's not really that young. I'd estimate from the size of filly Twilight that he's only about 2 and a half to 3 years younger. He might be a baby dragon, but if he was a pony he'd either be an adult like Twilight or pretty close. He seems to be pretty intelligent for someone his supposed age as well.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: October 17, 2011, 02:49:51 pm »

And about Discord's fate, would you rather haved Discord turned into cutesy pony that says two lines and disappears to the next season? But more seriosly, unlike NMM, Discord's state was probably unchangeable.

Perhaps, but I still think it could've been handled better. I'm reminded of an old RPG, Faery Tale Adventure 2. Ostensibly, you're on a quest to defeat Chaos (who is personified as an actual flesh and blood guy), but if you do that, then Order wins and encases the universe in perfectly organized but totally lifeless crystal. If you let Chaos win, the world is also destroyed, because the laws of physics no longer apply. The way to actually win the game is to bring the two into balance. I find very much the same thing could've been done in the show (and very much the same aesop dropped as well), but unfortunately that opportunity was missed.

I also get even stronger totalitarian vibes from Celestia this time around. She ruthlessly disposes of her anarchist rival so that she can impose strict order (and like a true villainous mastermind she does so using pawns, without getting her own hands dirty!). And then in the latest episode she's perfectly fine with letting everyone think she was going to actually punish Twilight. She doesn't go "oh I wouldn't punish her for that". Oh no, she goes "I'll let it slide, but all you lot will have to work it off". She doesn't seem to mind that the ponies are absolutely terrified of her, in fact she seems quite chuffed. And let's not forget, shall we, that it's only Twilight who's had any real contact with her and knows her. And she's by far the most scared of her. I think that tells us something.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: October 17, 2011, 03:18:21 pm »

Twilight brainwashed an entire town by accident, manipulated the very notion of free will, and ultimately toyed with that emotion You Do Not Toy With...just to cheat on her homework.  She tried to drive best friends into fighting using magic!  Children, at that! The means were horrble, and the ends were petty!

Seriously, name one non-Discord villain who would even think of going that far. The Great and Powerful Trixie would consider it beyond the pale.  Night Mare Moon didn't use magical mind control, the closest she got was physical manipulation of a manticore.  Discord screwed with people for laughs, Twi did it for some small expedience and I say that's worse; it's callous.   Twilight just caught a glimpse of the other side of the moral event horizon.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: October 17, 2011, 03:18:59 pm »

Y'know, Spike's not really that young. I'd estimate from the size of filly Twilight that he's only about 2 and a half to 3 years younger. He might be a baby dragon, but if he was a pony he'd either be an adult like Twilight or pretty close. He seems to be pretty intelligent for someone his supposed age as well.

Horses grow to full size by 5 years of age. So yes, Spike is that young.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: October 17, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »

Of all the best possible episodes that could happen this is THE. BEST. POSSIBLE. EPISODE!

I mean, did you guiz SEE when RD want all "BOOOOOM I'm so fast I can make a fraking NUCLEAR SHROOM CLOUD" And Fluttershy beat up a BEAR how awesome isn't THAT?!?

Ummm, guys? What's all this... Complaining? Seriously?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: October 17, 2011, 03:27:49 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 283