Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434718 times)

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #3660 on: October 15, 2011, 02:41:47 pm »

[…] My biggest complaint is actually rather minor: I don't like how the animators are becoming more and more comfortable going off model. Twilight's faces in this one were over the line, to me; going off model for expressiveness is fine, but there's a point where it just gets ridiculous or creepy; this one turned out creepy. Which kinda works I guess because she was supposed to be scary, but still.

Anywho, I don't watch this show for its comedy; that's just icing on the cake. This episode was 90% comedy. That's the real reason I'm lukewarm to it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I don't know if it's been posted on here already, but I saw this on HaxMega's stream just today and it made me want to SMILE FOREVER despite all the stupid shit in my life going down right now. :·D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 02:51:51 pm by runiq »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: October 15, 2011, 03:50:11 pm »

Where can I watch episode 3?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: October 15, 2011, 04:51:02 pm »

I sense a lot of Crazy Twilight ar-
Well, look at that.

Also,

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: October 15, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »

This episode's gonna be meme-tastic. No one can deny that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: October 15, 2011, 05:17:31 pm »

Eeee-yup. And I gotta say that I can see Twilight being the sort of person who would go crazy because of something 'little' like a deadline; I do the same thing, and her reaction was very accurate.

Also, just me, or was the ticking sun a 24 reference?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: October 15, 2011, 05:55:11 pm »

For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: October 15, 2011, 06:24:49 pm »

Love it or hate it, welcome to the new season.

It's worth remembering that this is the first episode produced by Jayson Thiessen rather than Lauren Faust. Probably a little early to come to any long-term conclusions either way. There were several episodes in Season 1 I didn't like. It might take Jayson some time to settle in to his new role.

But if he didn't give Luna good treatment in episode four, may Celestia have mercy on him.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: October 15, 2011, 06:39:24 pm »

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: October 15, 2011, 06:44:12 pm »

I just felt the episode was trying too hard. Still; it'll be fantastic meme fodder :P
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: October 15, 2011, 07:07:36 pm »

So Dash is basically classified as a pony of mass destruction now; she can break the sound barrier without technological aids, and can replicate the effects of tactical nuclear weapons by crashing into things. Plus, she has sunglasses. Is she a superhero yet?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: October 15, 2011, 08:56:37 pm »

Is it just me, or is all of the sound in episode 29 subtly off? Not just the acting either, Even the theme song sounded off key (did they re-record it or something?).

(Don't get me wrong though, they're still by far the best show in the genre of television shows based on toy lines)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:59:47 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: October 15, 2011, 09:22:18 pm »

Yeah, the theme song sounded different.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: October 15, 2011, 09:26:31 pm »

Sound seems fine to me. Could be the encoding on the copy you saw.

Though visually I notice some stylistic differences. New body language, new eye shapes, new scenery angles, that kind of thing. Not sure if they just felt the need to be different, or they changed some art staff, or what.

EDIT: Actually...Applejack's voice seems different. Kind of like the voice actress is trying to remember what the accent was like.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: October 15, 2011, 10:29:34 pm »

Yeah it's been a few months since they've been voice acting for these characters, so it wouldn't surprise me if it takes a while for them to get back into the swing of things.

I don't like many of the visual changes. They seem to be going further in the direction of off model expressions... not a good thing if done in excess. Also, little things like the train bobbing up and down despite being solid and not made of jello kinda shocks me out of suspension of disbelief.

On the flip side, magic being colored to the pony's cutie mark is a neat touch.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 283