Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 435099 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #2745 on: September 23, 2011, 09:38:42 pm »

More of a biological necessity.

My reasoning for why it exists was that there was a point where Equestria was overpopulated, and Celestia and Luna made it so that the horny ponies would have a less destructive means of relief while still being somewhat comfortable with the whole thing.
Nothing important here, move along.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 23, 2011, 09:39:54 pm »

Normally I'm tolerant of this stuff, but sheesh, ponies as sex maniacs? :P That's some messed up fanon you got there.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: September 23, 2011, 09:43:52 pm »

Yeah, there's something about this current conversation making even me uneasy...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: September 23, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »

On a completely different note, I've been thinking about trying to write a Pinkie Pie themed parody if the ICP song "Piggie Pie", but I can't think of where to go with the idea...

Any ideas?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: September 23, 2011, 09:56:02 pm »

Lauren did state that ponies were effectively mammals, and, honestly, mammals aren't exactly known for chastity. One could easily imagine a group with equivalent ability to thrive as us having similar issues with overpopulation as us.

I'm more comfortable with this discussion because I'm thinking in a completely scientific mindset. I can understand that you are not sharing that mindset, and if you wish to move away from the topic, go ahead and post something else.

Ninjaedit: I would help, but the only ICP song I know anything about is the song that the magnets meme came from.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: September 23, 2011, 09:58:57 pm »

More of a biological necessity.

My reasoning for why it exists was that there was a point where Equestria was overpopulated, and Celestia and Luna made it so that the horny ponies would have a less destructive means of relief while still being somewhat comfortable with the whole thing.
I see what you did there.

What channel is MLP on?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: September 23, 2011, 10:01:21 pm »

This is one hell of a conversation we have going. :P

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: September 23, 2011, 10:03:05 pm »

What channel is MLP on?
The Hub. They've got a handy channel locator on the website.

Unfortunately, it's not available for anything less than full cable or satellite. I think.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:04:42 pm by TheBronzePickle »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: September 23, 2011, 10:05:37 pm »

For some reason I'm more comfortable with grimdark dictator Celestia than with "lets make ponies randomly want to go out to dinner/make out/have wild sex with their friends". And that doesn't seem like a reasonable solution to overpopulation, seeing as how there would probably be emotional trauma and likely some sort of distancing in a lot of cases (in the R-rated and possibly PG-13 versions), seeing as how friendship doesn't necessarily correspond to supressed sexual tension.

Think about it: One day you're hanging out with a good friend, who you've known for a long time. All of a sudden, you feel an irresistable sexual attraction to them, and they plainly feel the same towards you. Up till that point, your relationship has been nothing more than friendship. You wake up the next morning, and remember what happened. Are you honestly telling me that you wouldn't feel the least bit awkward, let alone violated? How is that at all a good idea, trying to solve overpopulation by breaking up friendships with forced dinner dates/kissing/groping/sex? Tia and Luna aren't stupid, ya know.  :P

OTOH, it is a good mechanism for writers who just want a reason to write about all their favorite ships having amazing sex. *facedesk*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: September 23, 2011, 10:06:00 pm »

On a completely different note, I've been thinking about trying to write a Pinkie Pie themed parody if the ICP song "Piggie Pie", but I can't think of where to go with the idea...

Any ideas?

Ninjaedit: I would help, but the only ICP song I know anything about is the song that the magnets meme came from.

Real lyrics
Real Youtube Video

As you can see the parody would have to be completely rewritten from scratch, keeping only the melody (unless I wanna do some kinda Cupcakes tie-in, which I don't think I do)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: September 23, 2011, 10:11:19 pm »

Any ideas?

Real lyrics
Real Youtube Video

As you can see the parody would have to be completely rewritten from scratch, keeping only the melody (unless I wanna do some kinda Cupcakes tie-in, which I think I do)

Fixed that for ya.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: September 23, 2011, 10:12:19 pm »

-snip-
One would imagine that people growing up in an environment like that would be used to the idea.

After all, even though it's kind of hush-hush, we aren't too terribly weirded out by half of our species bleeding for three to seven days straight every month.

It's a mechanism for easy shipping, anyway. Don't think too hard into it, you'll just feel awkward.

We really don't have to continue the discussion. I won't be able to respond if nobody makes something for me to respond to.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: September 23, 2011, 10:37:40 pm »

Moving right along.

Also, S2E2 is out. *pfft*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: September 23, 2011, 10:51:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All of us are, all of us...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: September 23, 2011, 10:55:48 pm »

-snip-
One would imagine that people growing up in an environment like that would be used to the idea.

After all, even though it's kind of hush-hush, we aren't too terribly weirded out by half of our species bleeding for three to seven days straight every month.

An especially good point when you consider that our species really IS quite abnormal in having a menstural cycle rather than an estrous cycle.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 283