Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434905 times)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #2565 on: September 18, 2011, 10:43:33 am »

I was almost beginning to doubt the power of internet memes, but then I found these:

Chocolate rain! and this PMV. Youtube has an amazing number of them already.

Also:
Entropy is not what it used to be.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: September 18, 2011, 11:10:39 am »

Spoiler: stuff about fluttershy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:12:32 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: September 18, 2011, 11:11:34 am »

You seem to have [/quoted] ye [spoiler] there :P
I see ju ninja editing >.>
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: September 18, 2011, 11:15:10 am »

Nothing of the sort happened! Nope, nuthin' at all.

*shifty eyes*
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: September 18, 2011, 11:16:31 am »

There appears to be something called "Bronies," which I suppose is a male fanboy for My Little Ponies. The female "fangirl" version appears to be "pega sis?"

The lolmart flash intro (which is annoying hard to link to they took down due to homophobic and "no homo" comments :( ) on locats shows two "bronies" one pink and one purple with 5 o'clock shadow and a "male" sign branded on the hip, flying across the screen while both shoot a rainbow out of their butts.... (Sort of like NyanCat) They then come together and do a fist bump "bro hoof." 

I found this somewhat funny.

Edit: O wait, looks like they're still selling the shirts though: http://lolmart.com/product/bronies/
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:21:09 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: September 18, 2011, 11:21:22 am »

There appears to be something called "Bronies," which I suppose is a male fanboy for My Little Ponies. The female "fangirl" version appears to be "pega sis?"
There's some debate whether "brony" is gender neutral or not. I think it is, but I don't care enough to argue with anyone who thinks otherwise (and yeah pega-sis is catching on as a female version. Not quite as catchy though).

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: September 18, 2011, 11:25:11 am »

Being trans like I am, I could care less, but you've gotta admit, the shirt's 5 o'clock shadow and the big old branded "male" sign makes the shirt look one way. [shrugs].

All the same, you know a meme has arrived when the marketers latch on. :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: September 18, 2011, 11:29:56 am »

There's some debate whether "brony" is gender neutral or not. I think it is, but I don't care enough to argue with anyone who thinks otherwise (and yeah pega-sis is catching on as a female version. Not quite as catchy though).
Meh, doesn't really matter here.  Its up to our local fangirls deciding to call themselves that or not, since I expect most of us to be male.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: September 18, 2011, 01:52:03 pm »

Spoiler: regarding Fluttershy (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: September 18, 2011, 01:55:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: September 18, 2011, 02:02:26 pm »

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: September 18, 2011, 02:03:34 pm »

Fixed that for you.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: September 18, 2011, 02:05:21 pm »

When I found out that the diamond was a boulder, I was actually laughing.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: September 18, 2011, 02:08:10 pm »

When I found out that the diamond was a boulder, I was actually laughing.
What do you mean, boulder?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2579 on: September 18, 2011, 02:12:24 pm »

Its clearly a diamond, here have a look:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 283