Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434425 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #1350 on: August 02, 2011, 05:42:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eh, alternate universe building...  >.>
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 02, 2011, 05:45:37 pm »

That actually sounds like a good basis for a mod for DF and/or some fanfiction.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 02, 2011, 05:55:33 pm »

Eh, I think I'm just going to build the backdrop up first.  Probably revise it a few times along the way.  I'm very unlikely to motivate myself to do more then the alternate universe building part anyways.

Seriously, this was kinda inspired by the Lunar Republic thing and the 'Comrade Sparkles' journal posted here earlier.  Damned Russian ponies ain't got the creativity they needed to survive...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1353 on: August 02, 2011, 05:59:02 pm »

Yeah it was very interesting situation and a lot of story could be created from that setting.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 02, 2011, 06:01:33 pm »

Well, the ponies don't seem to have any mining apparatus, the only ones who would be able to mine in any cohesive manner are the unicorns... They probably never even knew what coal or coke was.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 02, 2011, 06:19:34 pm »

Eh, I figure desperate/hopeless times will get some ponies trying to find stuff other then the dwindling supply of wood to burn for heat. 

Nightmare Moon wants to rule over ponies who will worship her night, so she would put as much resources as possible to fix such a problem.  Wiping out ponykind = no worshippers, no admiration.
EDIT: (Other creatures may or may not be a priority, but they are affected the same...)

As for coal mining, I figure its similar-ish to gems, at least in the world of Equestria for simplicity sake.  Surface mining and underground/deep mining.  They gotta break rock/dig for gems, tools must be available for that.
Young Dragons/Diamond Dogs will be far more effective then ponies w/ tools at mining, but, costly in the ways of Gems...  (I suppose domestication of dragons may be possible... when you look at Spike.)
And along my lines of thinking, gems would be a very valuable commodity, for a large range of reasons.  Whenever I get to writing that up.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 02, 2011, 06:43:21 pm »

The issue with coal mining in Equestria is that there's probably not much coal to dig. The planet's carbon resources seem to either be in living creatures or in gem form. That's probably why they can't operate their steam engines either: they don't have the coal to burn. Honestly, it's probably why their technology is so random and minimal: they never had the physical ability to make the energy needed for large-scale industrialization, so any technology is having to be made by hand or with a very minimum of industry.
Nothing important here, move along.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 02, 2011, 07:16:44 pm »

Well, you do have unicorns. I've no doubt that they would be able to, using enough of them or if enough of them have enough individual power, to create coal or diamonds.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 02, 2011, 08:15:37 pm »

...And from Drawfriend #145:

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 02, 2011, 08:19:31 pm »

Luna's lying. She still has her crown on.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 02, 2011, 10:19:16 pm »

So I've got this tumblr over here about pony crossovers. I'm assuming this would be a good place to beg for attention. I've got stuff queued up for the next week, and a decent amount of stuff from recently in this thread, but I'm hoping to get some more going.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 03, 2011, 01:46:03 am »

So I've got this tumblr over here about pony crossovers. I'm assuming this would be a good place to beg for attention. I've got stuff queued up for the next week, and a decent amount of stuff from recently in this thread, but I'm hoping to get some more going.
I'd help, but you won't see me near any damn Tumblr. I'll just throw all crossovers I have on Mediafire so you can add them then.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 03, 2011, 02:48:15 am »

Mhyeah, a quick search through my disk revealed some crossovers.

28.72 MB of crossovers for penguinofhonour.
28.65 MB of crossovers for penguinofhonour.

I hope you're happy. The "quality" of some fanart almost drove me to shoot myself in the genitals. (Don't worry, what I uploaded is mostly watchable)

EDIT: Changed because different compress algorithm.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:15:42 am by FunctionZero »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 03, 2011, 02:54:29 am »

Mhyeah, a quick search through my disk revealed some crossovers.

28.72 MB of crossovers for penguinofhonour.

I hope you're happy. The "quality" of some fanart almost drove me to shoot myself in the genitals. (Don't worry, what I uploaded is mostly watchable)
The majority of them fail to extract for me.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1364 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:16 am »

...And from Drawfriend #145:

Fine pics Jacob/Lee, fine pics indeed. That assasins creed one is particularly impressive.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 283